CSNbbs
Charlotte baseball fans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Charlotte baseball fans (/thread-844793.html)

Charlotte baseball fans - PirateTreasureNC - 03-07-2018 02:46 PM

I am going to cover the Friday game between ECU and Charlotte for baseball. A few questions I have:

1) Baseball stadium: parking?

2) What other facilities and or campus buildings are walking distance from your baseball stadium I could also check out?

3) Opinion about your facilities? ( I haven't been on your campus in probably 20 years to see an a event and the last time it was a ECU @ Charlotte baseball game.

Checking out the Hornets Thursday night. Any other things of note in the area to check out before the baseball game fires up Friday @ 3pm? I'm probably arriving in Charlotte with enough time to check in at my hotel for the night and then head on over to the Spectrum Center for the game.

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - Tintin - 03-07-2018 03:46 PM

(03-07-2018 02:46 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I am going to cover the Friday game between ECU and Charlotte for baseball. A few questions I have:

2) What other facilities and or campus buildings are walking distance from your baseball stadium I could also check out?

3) Opinion about your facilities? ( I haven't been on your campus in probably 20 years to see an a event and the last time it was a ECU @ Charlotte baseball game.

Checking out the Hornets Thursday night. Any other things of note in the area to check out before the baseball game fires up Friday @ 3pm? I'm probably arriving in Charlotte with enough time to check in at my hotel for the night and then head on over to the Spectrum Center for the game.

Just park anywhere you see a space open. No worries there.

Richardson stadium is probably 200 yards north up the hill.

Halton and the student union are maybe a quarter mile east of the baseball stadium

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - PSCNiner - 03-07-2018 07:35 PM

(03-07-2018 02:46 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I am going to cover the Friday game between ECU and Charlotte for baseball. A few questions I have:

Literally, walk around the campus as much as you can. You will be impressed.

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - ghostofclt - 03-07-2018 07:52 PM

clt says don’t forget to wear green.

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - Niner National - 03-07-2018 08:04 PM

(03-07-2018 07:52 PM)ghostofclt Wrote:  clt says don’t forget to wear green.
03-lmfao

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - 49RFootballNow - 03-07-2018 09:34 PM

Ah! Which shade of green? We have 300+.

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - PirateTreasureNC - 03-07-2018 09:50 PM

Do you mean Charlotte Hornets teal? I'll be in purple of some sort at the baseball game.

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - PirateTreasureNC - 03-07-2018 09:53 PM

(03-07-2018 09:34 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  

What shade did Nike approve of?

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - ghostofclt - 03-07-2018 10:38 PM

(03-07-2018 09:53 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

clt asks who is in the crosshairs of your chat page pic?

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - PirateTreasureNC - 03-07-2018 10:41 PM

(03-07-2018 10:38 PM)ghostofclt Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 09:53 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

clt asks who is in the crosshairs of your chat page pic?

I'm the Public Enemy, so its me!

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - PirateTreasureNC - 03-09-2018 11:38 PM

I got a chance to drive through the campus and the athletic field(s) complex. I thought everything looked nice. I kind of like how the athletic fields are kind of sunk into that valley so to speak. I found the statues of athletes playing the respective sports at the respective venues a nice touch. I got a chance to check out your football stadium as well. I still don't think its current capacity is that of a FBS program but the layout and the pre-planned spacing for what I would assume would either be a upper deck or just a continuation upward of stands was a smart move. I liked the view from the two classrooms(?) off in the distance from the endzone. It really sets up a nice view into the stadium from that point. I found myself wondering if the classroom (?) across the street from behind the press box side has a watchable view of a game if someone happened to be in the building during a game. The baseball stadium was pretty nice for being a relatively small park.

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - ghostofclt - 03-10-2018 07:24 AM

(03-09-2018 11:38 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I got a chance to drive through the campus and the athletic field(s) complex. I thought everything looked nice. I kind of like how the athletic fields are kind of sunk into that valley so to speak. I found the statues of athletes playing the respective sports at the respective venues a nice touch. I got a chance to check out your football stadium as well. I still don't think its current capacity is that of a FBS program but the layout and the pre-planned spacing for what I would assume would either be a upper deck or just a continuation upward of stands was a smart move. I liked the view from the two classrooms(?) off in the distance from the endzone. It really sets up a nice view into the stadium from that point. I found myself wondering if the classroom (?) across the street from behind the press box side has a watchable view of a game if someone happened to be in the building during a game. The baseball stadium was pretty nice for being a relatively small park.

clt says the two buildings house research labs and some classrooms. Occasionally the various departments will have events during the football games.

RE: Charlotte baseball fans - Niner National - 03-10-2018 09:49 AM

The day of our first game, people were on the balconies of those buildings watching the game. I think you cam.only see a little over half the field though.