CSNbbs
**NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** (/thread-846598.html)

Pages: 1 2

**NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - chiefsfan - 03-24-2018 05:59 PM

Man, when Loyola's offense is on, they can make teams looks absolutely silly out there defensively.

Still 20 minutes to go though.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - Kittonhead - 03-24-2018 06:09 PM

I was surprised by LUC's size watching them on the court.

They look in control of this one. K-State isn't that good to take this one down 12 at the half.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - quo vadis - 03-24-2018 06:13 PM

would be awesome if Loyola can hold on and make the F4.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - Kittonhead - 03-24-2018 06:38 PM

(03-24-2018 06:13 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  would be awesome if Loyola can hold on and make the F4.

Loyola up by 18 with less than 12 minutes to play.

Tonight is just their night.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - quo vadis - 03-24-2018 07:16 PM

Loyola wins!

Wow, they've taken this party to the Final 4 !!!

02-13-banana

Big East 85 still safe, lol.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - Kittonhead - 03-24-2018 07:21 PM

That was something. What a dominating performance.

LCU has a real chance to win another title. Florida St/Michigan winner in the next round is very beatable based on what we watched tonight.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - SuperFlyBCat - 03-24-2018 07:21 PM

Go Loyola!

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - msm96wolf - 03-24-2018 07:24 PM

(03-24-2018 07:21 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  That was something. What a dominating performance.

LCU has a real chance to win another title. Florida St/Michigan winner in the next round is very beatable based on what we watched tonight.

Why people love March Madness. Maybe the AAC took the wrong team from the MVC. 03-lmfao

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - MWC Tex - 03-24-2018 07:29 PM

Congrats Loyola!! Way to rep the Mid-Majors!

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - chiefsfan - 03-24-2018 07:54 PM

(03-24-2018 07:21 PM)Kittonhead Wrote:  That was something. What a dominating performance.

They matchup really well with Florida State. Michigan? Probably not as much.

But hey, they are in it with a chance.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - IWokeUpLikeThis - 03-24-2018 10:08 PM

Good game. There for FSU’s taking with better end game decisions.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - chiefsfan - 03-24-2018 10:26 PM

Loyola Chicago vs Michigan for the right to play for a National Championship.

Michigan is literally the P5 version of Loyola, so this ought to be interesting to say the least. All of the other mid majors to make it this far got caught up in the moment and blown out in the Semis. Half the battle for Loyola is going to be not getting caught up in all the hubbub and parades they have coming their way.

Oh, Porter Moser is about to become a very rich man.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - cuseroc - 03-25-2018 06:15 AM

(03-24-2018 10:26 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Loyola Chicago vs Michigan for the right to play for a National Championship.

Michigan is literally the P5 version of Loyola, so this ought to be interesting to say the least. All of the other mid majors to make it this far got caught up in the moment and blown out in the Semis. Half the battle for Loyola is going to be not getting caught up in all the hubbub and parades they have coming their way.

Maybe, but I don't know if any of the major programs would go after him or not. His coaching record is 226-211. That screams mediocre. I don't know whats going on with him. Maybe he cobbled together a talented group of kids who weren't really recruited by the majors, similar to Jerry Tarkanian and those fantastic UNLV teams. I loved watching those guys back in the day.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - Kittonhead - 03-25-2018 06:35 AM

(03-24-2018 10:26 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Oh, Porter Moser is about to become a very rich man.

Highly compensated.

He could blow all of his money for what we know.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - chiefsfan - 03-25-2018 12:35 PM

(03-25-2018 06:15 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(03-24-2018 10:26 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Loyola Chicago vs Michigan for the right to play for a National Championship.

Maybe, but I don't know if any of the major programs would go after him or not. His coaching record is 226-211. That screams mediocre. I don't know whats going on with him. Maybe he cobbled together a talented group of kids who weren't really recruited by the majors, similar to Jerry Tarkanian and those fantastic UNLV teams. I loved watching those guys back in the day.

I don't think he'll leave anyway. But he's more of a program builder. The guy you hire when your program is in the dumps and you want to make it something to be proud of again. Usually his first couple seasons at a school are really bad, and they slowly get better from there.

The Question becomes wheter or not this one season is enough for a big school to come along.

Either way, Loyola, by reports, is close to tripling his current salary.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - quo vadis - 03-25-2018 04:18 PM

Villanova makes it 3 of the Final 4.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - Norm DaNiner - 03-25-2018 06:33 PM

Bye, bye Duke and ACC.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - C2__ - 03-25-2018 06:34 PM

I'm usually the last to ever mention officiating but the officials were terrible toward Duke in overtime. And the little subtle plays made a difference.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - quo vadis - 03-25-2018 06:35 PM

(03-25-2018 06:33 PM)Norm DaNiner Wrote:  Bye, bye Duke and ACC.

Congratulations Kansas!

ACC had 9 bids and end up with zero in the F4.

Wonder how many times that's happened?

SEC had 8 bids and got none in.

Collectively, the ACC, SEC, and Big 12 had 24 teams in the draw and occupy one of the Final 4 slots.

RE: **NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread: Elite Eight** - Wedge - 03-25-2018 07:05 PM

(03-25-2018 06:34 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  I'm usually the last to ever mention officiating but the officials were terrible toward Duke in overtime. And the little subtle plays made a difference.

???

Except for the fouls in the last 30 seconds when Duke was behind, Kansas only shot free throws twice in the OT.

And even with those fouls, the refs called so few fouls on Duke in the 2nd half that Kansas wasn't in the bonus until there were 9 seconds left in overtime -- i.e. it took 24:51 of game time for the refs to call 7 fouls on Duke, and even then it was only because Duke was behind and trying to foul.