Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] FS1 Gets Outstanding ALDS Viewership...
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
[split] FS1 Gets Outstanding ALDS Viewership...
true but:
Overall, FS1 averaged 2.8 million viewers for the ALDS — down 10% from the network’s NLDS coverage last year (3.1M). The network was hampered by the presence of Toronto, which does not count toward U.S. television ratings, and early afternoon timeslots. By comparison, TBS averaged 5.5 million for this year’s NLDS entering Thursday’s Mets/Dodgers Game 5.

Great game 5 in the one series- you get a game 5(or 7) and you'll get good ratings most all the time. But overall the series due largely to the teams wasn't good.

And looking forward-
game 1 tonight- on Big Fox so that helps overall- but it's Friday night.
Game 2 tomorrow- on FS1- 4pm- opposite Alabama/Texas A&M and Michigan/Michigan St- good luck with that.
Game 3 Monday- on FS1- 8pm- opposite Monday night Football- New York/Philly

Of course this is the same Billyjack who said before the series that both leagues would get great ratings. Sorry, but FS1 had 1 good game. The Texas/Toronto game 5- is lower ranked than EVERY NLDS game. So saying that FS1 got outstanding ALDS viewership is EXTREMELY misleading.
10-16-2015 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
RE: FS1 Gets Outstanding ALDS Viewership...
Remember the old Maxell or Memorex ad back in the 70's...?
We're the guy sitting in the chair.
The speaker in front of the guy is stever.
Buckle yourself in and hold on for dear life.
I make one post and i get 15 responses from him in return.

[Image: Maxell-Worth_It.jpg]
10-16-2015 12:43 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(10-16-2015 12:43 PM)billyjack Wrote:  Remember the old Maxell or Memorex ad back in the 70's...?

That's all you got? Everything I said before the LDS started was 100% right, and your sorry ass can't take it. You just post this. Outstanding. Face it, you were ******* owned here.
10-16-2015 12:47 PM
Advertisement

billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
(10-16-2015 12:47 PM)stever20 Wrote:  
(10-16-2015 12:43 PM)billyjack Wrote:  Remember the old Maxell or Memorex ad back in the 70's...?

That's all you got? Everything I said before the LDS started was 100% right, and your sorry ass can't take it. You just post this. Outstanding. Face it, you were ******* owned here.

Look brother, I'm freakin busy at work today and i don't have time to read through your 15 weirdo posts.

So since i have no time, this is my post at the other site that got stever all up in a lather:

"The baseball playoffs will get great ratings no matter which teams are playing.
This year, the National League has an outstanding lineup.
This year, the American League has a great lineup.
The MLB playoffs are extremely valuable to the networks that televise the games.

Each of those statements above can all be true all at the same time, and each is consistent with what MU Panther and Jet wrote. You want to take a dump on FS1 by setting up a false argument of either/or, within your narrow range of discussion.

This is your narrow range:
"TBS has an outstanding lineup. FS1's lineup isn't as good. Let's discuss why this is a disaster for FS1".

I'm reminding you that in years past, small market teams littered the AL playoffs regularly, with Tampa, Oakland and Minnesota, etc, making the postseason many years in the last 5-10-15 years. And despite being in small markets, the Rays, A's and Twins got good ratings because they had great players and compelling storylines, and because the baseball playoffs are popular no matter which teams participate.

Also, the American League has only 3 slam dunk ratings winners out of its 15 teams, Boston, NY and LA.
And going into this year, it ends up not being a shock that there's no BOS-NY-LA in the playoffs because:
The Red Sox were coming off a last place finish.
The Yankees had no pitching.
The Angels should have probably have made the playoffs, but Houston matured faster than expected.

Instead, we have other very compelling storylines:
The young, exciting, brash defending AL champion Royals.
The Rangers, who made 2 of the last 5 World Series.
The ballsy Astros, a young team with young stars who've had a meteoric rise this year, who won at The Stadium last night.
The Blue Jays, with a great fanbase, returning to the playoffs for the first time since back-to-back WS wins 22 years ago, and which has the most exciting offense in the majors.

And a key is that when the NL games draw interest, then the AL games will benefit from that. I just can't imagine a baseball fan-viewer loving the action in a Cubs-Cards game, then deciding to not watch a Royals-Astros game, especially since all four series will be hyped via the MLB Network and the general playoff buzz.

Now thank you for wasting 30 minutes of my life, while i should be working."
10-16-2015 01:00 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

Only a FS1 troll would say going into this that the AL group was a great lineup. Maybe for on the field purposes(and they did deliver 2 5 game series)- but for ratings purposes? No chance. And the ratings bared it out 100%, with the NL games getting DOUBLE what the AL games got. And part of that was Toronto in it- and something I mentioned. Toronto being in the series killed it(like saw in one article someone said that Canadians help Fox's ratings out as much as Martians do)- something I said pre-series.
10-16-2015 01:22 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
RE: [split] FS1 Gets Outstanding ALDS Viewership...
ASTROS!!!!
03-26-2018 09:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.