Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA basketball tournament action
Bookmark and Share
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
RE: CUSA basketball tournament action
(03-08-2018 09:34 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 09:23 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Kermit screwed this team's psyche after the western win. After winning the league they completely let their guard down. Telling them they should be in the NCAA tournament at that point was a bad move.

These last two are definitely on Kermit.

thats bull****...so the players just didn't want to win because they thought they were in because of what the coach said? that says more about the players than the coach...middle lost...their players lost...**** happens...

Well, you are welcome to think whatever you want. This might come a complete shock to you but coaching has a lot to do with how a team performs.

All I can tell you is the team we trotted out there this past week is not the team I've watched all year. During the Marshall game they just stood around all night. Everyone was watching and waiting for someone else to do something. We weren't as bad against USM as we were Marshall but it was still bad and USM couldn't miss a three. That's a bad combination if you're trying to win a game.

Kermit has been great about getting the most out of his players, but like one of the western fans mentioned he looked like the Kermit of old. Uptight and flustered and his team played like that too. So, yeah it's on him.
03-08-2018 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
Congrats to Doc and the team for the great win. It is about time something good happened to USM basketball...
03-08-2018 09:48 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(03-08-2018 09:43 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 09:23 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Kermit screwed this team's psyche after the western win. After winning the league they completely let their guard down. Telling them they should be in the NCAA tournament at that point was a bad move.

thats bull****...so the players just didn't want to win because they thought they were in because of what the coach said? that says more about the players than the coach...middle lost...their players lost...**** happens...

Well, you are welcome to think whatever you want. This might come a complete shock to you but coaching has a lot to do with how a team performs.

All I can tell you is the team we trotted out there this past week is not the team I've watched all year. During the Marshall game they just stood around all night. Everyone was watching and waiting for someone else to do something. We weren't as bad against USM as we were Marshall but it was still bad and USM couldn't miss a three. That's a bad combination if you're trying to win a game.

Kermit has been great about getting the most out of his players, but like one of the western fans mentioned he looked like the Kermit of old. Uptight and flustered and his team played like that too. So, yeah it's on him.

and that says a ton about your players, not your coach.

i know coaching matters...but it's the players that play...they decide the effort, shot selection, plays that they make..not the coach. middle players crapped the boat tonight....it happens...not kermits fault for the loss
03-08-2018 09:49 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(03-08-2018 09:49 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  

i know coaching matters...but it's the players that play...they decide the effort, shot selection, plays that they make..not the coach. middle players crapped the boat tonight....it happens...not kermits fault for the loss

They didn't do it all season. Not once. But suddenly the last two games of the season after winning the regular season they go in the tank? It's up to the coach to keep them motivated and focused. They were not. He did not.

We can agree to disagree.
03-08-2018 09:52 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
(03-08-2018 09:52 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

They didn't do it all season. Not once. But suddenly the last two games of the season after winning the regular season they go in the tank? It's up to the coach to keep them motivated and focused. They were not. He did not.

totally agree to this...maybe it's an outsider looking in on an insider...you want an excuse for losing...me, i see players that didn't play.
03-08-2018 09:58 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
ODU appears to be following the MT gameplan of sucking it up early.
03-08-2018 09:59 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
Western game finally came up on FB. We’re up to 907 viewers!
03-08-2018 10:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TOPSTRAIGHT Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
STATS. I think the key stat may have been steals--S. MISS-10 ,MT-5.

AND free throws made 12 to MT's 5. Most other stats MT won or it was a wash.
03-08-2018 10:03 PM
dahbeed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: wku toppahs!!!
Well crap. We’re up to 1.9K viewers and I’ve locked up 2 times. What’ll happen if we get 3k viewers?
03-08-2018 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Where are the UAB fans? WKU at least won the crowd contest...
03-08-2018 10:06 PM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
ODU vs LaTech in a tight one at the half 25-24. Surprising to me so far
03-08-2018 10:14 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(03-08-2018 10:14 PM)winston70 Wrote:  ODU vs LaTech in a tight one at the half 25-24. Surprising to me so far

Kick their asses. Elitist tears really do taste the best. MT's are delish.
03-08-2018 10:19 PM
CincyDave Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
Great half for the Tops
03-08-2018 10:47 PM
Von-Bek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
ODU and WKU looking great in their respective 1st halves, great basketball.
03-08-2018 10:50 PM
Funslinger Offline
All American

(03-08-2018 09:58 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 09:52 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 09:34 PM)NTTHOR Wrote:  thats bull****...so the players just didn't want to win because they thought they were in because of what the coach said? that says more about the players than the coach...middle lost...their players lost...**** happens...

totally agree to this...maybe it's an outsider looking in on an insider...you want an excuse for losing...me, i see players that didn't play.

Players that didn't play? MTSU shot 49.1% FGs, 55% threes, and 83.3% FTs. At least they played well on offense.
03-08-2018 11:11 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
Win and advance.

[Image: 8KM0dNc.jpg]
03-08-2018 11:22 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

Hope UAB and MTSU enjoyed last week03-lmfao03-lmfao03-nutkick03-nutkick
03-08-2018 11:34 PM
Fatalisk Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
(03-08-2018 11:34 PM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Hope UAB and MTSU enjoyed last week03-lmfao03-lmfao03-nutkick03-nutkick

Hope WKU enjoyed the week before that.
03-08-2018 11:38 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(03-08-2018 10:19 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(03-08-2018 10:14 PM)winston70 Wrote:  ODU vs LaTech in a tight one at the half 25-24. Surprising to me so far

Kick their asses. Elitist tears really do taste the best. MT's are delish.

Who hurt you?
03-08-2018 11:39 PM
usm99 Offline
Heisman

Semifinal action now set

Friday - Semifinals (both games on CBS College Sports)
12:30 PM CT - USM vs Marshall
3:00 PM CT - ODU vs WKU

Saturday - Championship - CBS College Sports
7:30 PM CT - USM/Marshall vs ODU/WKU
(This post was last modified: 03-08-2018 11:43 PM by usm99.)
03-08-2018 11:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.