Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"BTN hits NYC jackpot worth tens of millions of dollars" aka Why Rutgers Was Invited
nzmorange Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: "BTN hits NYC jackpot worth tens of millions of dollars" aka Why Rutgers...
(05-20-2014 10:29 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(05-20-2014 09:41 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  
(05-20-2014 09:29 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(05-20-2014 08:59 PM)He1nousOne Wrote:  Oh it's funny. Certain persons proclaimed that Rutgers and Maryland wouldn't be enough to get this kind of insertion into the Cable Providers. I laughed because of course the Big Ten was going to get that insertion. You don't make that big of a move without having already gotten a feel for the situation in advance.

Now folks want to attack "The Numbers". Some folks definitely have a case of something, whether it be little brother disease or they are simply Big Ten haters and have to constantly try to rip on anything having to do with the Big Ten.

Either way, I laugh again.

Keep hating folks, keep hating. Meanwhile, I am looking forward to matchups such as Rutgers and Penn State. Unfortunately I don't have The Big Ten Network anymore.

I wish I didn't have the BTN either, but I'm still forced to pay for it on basic cable. Seriously, it sucks and I hope people finally wake up and force cable networks to stop forcing consumers to pay for other conference networks.

I seriously fail to understand why so many of you guys are running around posting how awesome it is for the conference your school belongs to has the ability to fleece people out of money. What do you POSSIBLY gain from this? Do you gain any money from this personally?

I guess a few of you must sit around beating off and fantasizing about all the money conference ABC or XYZ will be making...

Once again, you fail to properly represent my perspective.

I am laughing at your anger. I am laughing at your choice of wording over this. I am laughing at your childlike antics in your attempt to attack me over....a dollar a month. I am laughing at how poor you must be to make such a big deal about a dollar a month on a forum where all of your ranting and antics and insults will have absolutely zero effect on the situation.

Yes, I am beating off to how much I love The Big Ten Network. Oh wait..I don't have it anymore. Oh yes I am yelling to the Heavens about how awesome it is. Oh wait, I have never done that. It is ok and I watched some football games on it but that's it.

It must be that I am being paid by The Big Ten and the BTN. Now that....well think what you like. Honestly I don't care and will be amused if you go off on another tangent about that. 07-coffee3

A dollar a month....03-lmfao

It's not a question about whether it's affordable or not. It's a crappy way to force consumers to pay for something that the majority of them really don't care to have. I'm bemused by how many of you get all excited over conference networks.

You don't. You're paying for the channels that you want and you think that you're getting a good deal. If you didn't think that the enjoyment derived from the channels that you like was worth the bill, you wouldn't keep paying for cable. The following explanation is a little over simplified, but your money then flows to the cable company and is distributed to the networks based on pre-arranged agreements that are essentially TV execs' best guess as to what the weighted averages of the end customer's willingness to pay for the content, as determined by consumer research. During the consumer research, your demographic was taken into account, and the BTN's per customer cut was adjusted downward accordingly. You aren't paying for it. It only looks like you are.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2014 08:11 AM by nzmorange.)
05-21-2014 08:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "BTN hits NYC jackpot worth tens of millions of dollars" aka Why Rutgers... - nzmorange - 05-21-2014 08:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.