Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

How realignment knocked Notre Dame off its pedestal
TerryD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Notre Dame
RE: How realignment knocked Notre Dame off its pedestal
(09-12-2017 01:42 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  
(09-12-2017 12:21 PM)orangefan Wrote:  
(09-12-2017 10:03 AM)nole Wrote:  Think ND's entire image is being unique and almost all of that seems tied up in being independent and little else. I think they will feel 'no longer unique' if they join a conference.

If they do, the B1G $$$ will win out. Too much of a gap.

ND is locked into the ACC until 2036, so today's revenue gap will not affect any decision ND might make at that time. The long term financial competitiveness of the ACC with the B1G and the SEC will depend on how successful the ACCN. While the the B1G and the SEC are likely to continue to have some amount of advantage, the ACCN can go a long way to closing the gap.

ND wants nothing to do with the Big Ten, IMO. While ND does have few rivalries with some Big Ten schools, I'm starting to believe that ND would rather shut its doors for good than to ever be affiliated with the Big Ten. With the ACC though, strange as it might seem, I think ND may finally found a conference it can/could call "home." The ACC has many things that ND really likes, and compared to other P5 conferences, the ACC has most private school members, something else ND really likes.

All true, and hockey doesn't count.

ND does not want to put football in a conference, any conference.

But its ACC deal at least signifies that, with pistol to head, ND would rather put football in the ACC than the Big Ten, by a long shot.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2017 07:54 PM by TerryD.)
09-12-2017 06:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How realignment knocked Notre Dame off its pedestal - TerryD - 09-12-2017 06:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.