Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2018 Football Recruiting Rankings
Bookmark and Share
GE and MTS Offline

I Root For: Liberty/Penn St
Exclamation 2018 Football Recruiting Rankings
With the new early signing day not far off, we will soon have our first recruits signing their national letters of intent. Thanks to keeping Gill around, our class should be pretty full and have the maximum potential when you combine the ingredients of a long-tenured coach, an upgrade in competition known for almost a year, and more scholarships to go around.

Some story lines to watch:

- I believe Gill has been on record of wanting a lot (5-8 or so) of JUCO players to fill out the roster. We'll see how many there are and at what positions. I imagine they'll be on defense and select offensive positions (OL).
- Where will Liberty be ranked? 247 does a good job of ranking since they take the average of multiple recruiting websites to come to a player's ranking (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Wisdom of the crowd, if you will. Currently, LU is ranked 122nd in the nation per their system with many prospects uncommitted at this point. If LU were to finish 122nd, that would be a win in my book. There is 130 FBS schools and even if Liberty would be ranked below some FCS, Liberty did not announce their move up until February of last year which is after they started recruiting many of their players. 2019 should have the biggest impact on recruiting assuming Gill is retained.
- Where will the recruits come from? Of the nine listed on 247, only one is from Virginia. Three are from Florida, two from Alabama and Tennessee, and one is from Missouri. Interestingly, seven are offense and two are defense. I like the focus on the offensive line but it will likely take a year or two to get into college football shape. There are three three-star recruits. Can we grab a four-star or higher?

Of course we have our normal thread for announcing recruits but I thought a separate one for a general recruiting thread would keep the other thread from getting cluttered with general talk instead of news.
12-11-2017 09:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
2018 Football Recruiting Rankings - GE and MTS - 12-11-2017 09:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.