The Mayor says no more annexations
Bookmark and Share
Redbanksdog Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
RE: The Mayor says no more annexations
(01-28-2018 10:23 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  
(01-28-2018 04:47 PM)Latilleon Wrote:  
(01-28-2018 10:17 AM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  so you think busing was a good idea?

Didn't read what I wrote?

(01-26-2018 11:56 AM)Latilleon Wrote:  What was wrong with the busing plan? In my personal opinion, it hurt in two ways as the solution to ending segregation. Firstly, it took black kids from their neighborhood schools which had the problem of being underfunded and didn't provide the quality education that was given in white community schools. In theory you were sending kids to better schools instead of making their schools better. By taking kids from their communities, you had the effect of taking community pride away and neighborhood participation in the educational process. If your community is seven miles from the school the community's children go to, will people from the neighborhood go to football games, carnivals, and Honor Society ceremonies? The other side of it was causing white people to leave the schools where black children were going to be bused. This is why there was "white flight."

What's wrong with the busing plan? If the objective was to get diverse student bodies, why weren't white kids bused to schools in black neighborhoods?

As the solution for ending segregation, I don't think busing was a good idea. And I was a student who benefited from busing.

You are right it was a terrible idea, the people that came up with it should have lost their jobs and never have a position in "public service" ever again.

The solution was to equalize all schools and to integrate the schools by drawing new lines that balance the races as much as possible while keeping neighborhood-ish schools, busing kids across town was a ludicrous idea. Not allowing an american citizen to attend a school based on their race or ethnicity is insane

Busing was a bad idea.
01-28-2018 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Mayor says no more annexations - TG4 - 01-17-2018, 02:53 PM
RE: The Mayor says no more annexations - Redbanksdog - 01-28-2018 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.