2/5 Rankings: UC #6, WSU #22, Houston Receiving Votes
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
RE: 2/5 Rankings: UC #6, WSU #22, Houston Receiving Votes
(02-05-2018 01:22 PM)stxrunner Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 12:38 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 12:35 PM)geef Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 12:31 PM)thespiritof1976 Wrote:  Cincinnati only moved up to 6 ? That's crap.

It's where we should be. We're closer to 5 than to 7, and the team at 5 (Xavier) beat us earlier this year. All good.

Not just beat, destroyed. Perhaps the weakest #6 team in the history of rankings?

What's even more hilarious is how on earth we're still ranked. We're barely a top 40 team right now.

T

...03-cool

I see we've reached the stage in the tantrum where we are tearing everybody else down now.

I'm not there yet. I still have a grasp on objectivity, but it is tenuous.

You'd have to walk a mile in a Shocker's shoes to feel what we feel. A typical Shocker team (by typical I mean what we have been enjoying the last half decade) would have beaten the Temple team I watched on television the other day by 30. Yes, yes... I know Temple has beaten some solid teams at different points in the year. But the Temple team I watched the other evening would have been beaten into submission... similar to what we did to Houston at home.

We've shown flashes of our old self this year, but mostly it's been on and off, on and off, like a flickering light bulb nearing the end of its journey.

The vast majority in this conference have seen maybe half a dozen Shocker games over the years. Frankly, you all are not even qualified to speak on the issue of what the Shockers can and can't do. We KNOW what all of the AAC teams have done over the last half decade save for UConn... and that's nothing.

T

...03-cool
02-05-2018 01:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2/5 Rankings: UC #6, WSU #22, Houston Receiving Votes - C0|db|00ded - 02-05-2018 01:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.