Bermuda bans same-sex marriage
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: Bermuda bans same-sex marriage
(02-09-2018 12:01 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  
(02-09-2018 10:12 AM)shere khan Wrote:  i'll just leave this here

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/01...enses.html

Alabama needs to improve education, infrastructure, and transparency in government. Instead they're going after queers. This is not good governance.

They also need to find a way to bring new employment to derelict regions of the state. I understand that people in AL do not want gay marriage, but there are bigger fires to put out. It feels like a bad way to use political capital as well.

BTW, as long as any state or school system accepts federal money for education they are bound by federal regulations.

The first step for any school system is to decline federal $$$ in their education budget.

The funding pecking order is: state - municipality - federal

A few years ago (~5) I looked at several school budgets in several counties near and including Memphis/Shelby County.

I assumed the percentage of fed $$$ was fairly high. I was wrong. I saw a low of 4% and a high of 11%.

Typically the federal money is ear-marked for specific programs such as "english as a second language".

But by accepting the federal money the system subjects itself to federal requirements. These include programs that cover social justice type programs.

This means that instead of using school resources to enhance academic programs the school diverts resources to teaching about non-academic things such as values clarification (aka propaganda).

Deny the federal $$$ and use freed-up funds to enhance academics.
02-09-2018 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bermuda bans same-sex marriage - Jjoey52 - 02-09-2018, 12:26 AM
RE: Bermuda bans same-sex marriage - gdunn - 02-09-2018, 07:24 AM
RE: Bermuda bans same-sex marriage - gdunn - 02-09-2018, 09:01 AM
RE: Bermuda bans same-sex marriage - umbluegray - 02-09-2018 12:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.