orangefan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: Report: Big East Ready to Respond
(12-18-2012 10:14 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 09:54 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 09:33 AM)texasflood Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 09:27 AM)Gray Avenger Wrote:  
(12-17-2012 07:58 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Frankly, if we do this plan, Navy will join and we can grab the olympic UMass programs or some other A-10 school to fill Navys non-football slot in the east.

In similar fashion, we can have an Air Force-Gonzaga duo in the West!

I love the name "National Athletic Conference" (NAC") - simple and to the point!!

Why not just buy the CUSA name from CUSA?

I think the criteria for the name should be "first, do no harm." The NAC does that, "Conference America" does not. C-USA, just like the football Big East, is attached to a legacy ranging from "meh" to failure. If there had never been a "Conference USA", then "Conference America" would be only a mildly bad name, rather than a terrible name.

Coast-to-Coast Conference actually says something about the league, gives you graphic design possibilities with 3 C's or C2C, and--in the age of league pride, ushered in by the SEC--is chantable and distinctive. "COAST TO COAST! COAST TO COAST!"

That would be ok I suppose. I still prefer a name that embraces who we are rather than where we are. The nBE is a collection of the nations better known mid major programs. So something like Big Mid 16, Major 16, or Major Nation makes sense to me. Its descriptive, fits who we are, gives a traditional sounding name, without sounding pretentious.

Sell the naming rights. Might get Nationwide Insurance or Great America Insurance, for instance, to pony up some cash for the "Nationwide League" or the "Great American Conference."
12-18-2012 11:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Big East Ready to Respond - orangefan - 12-18-2012 11:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.