Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Report: Big East Ready to Respond
johnbragg Offline
Five Minute Google Expert

I Root For: St Johns
RE: Report: Big East Ready to Respond
(12-18-2012 07:02 PM)UHCougar Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 06:54 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 06:18 PM)PGPirate Wrote:  Why do people NOT understand that USTA is still a novelty in SA? Outside of them putting up 9-10 win seasons, AND bringing in good OOC games, their attendance WILL fall.

How in the hell are two seasons any indication on long-term support? I don't understand at all. Actually I can't believe this conversation is occurring.

UTSA is bringing in big time OOC games every year to include 4-5 Big 12 and Pac 12 teams. Look at their OOC schedule. Those will bring in big numbers.

Until you've watched a game in the Alamo Dome with 40,000-plus fans, you just can't "get it" . . . 40,000 fans in the Alamo Dome is like 80,000 fans at an SEC game . . . it is the noisiest stadium I've ever been in . . . when UTSA gets to the point where they fill it with 50,000-plus fans (whatever conference they are in) . . . it will be one of the most dynamic college venues anywhere . . . UTSA was going to be a $100 million stadium on campus, but everyone would rather play in the dome within walking distance of the Riverwalk . . . put UT-San Antonio in the Big XII, and they put 65,000 fans in the stands ever game from now on . . . whether they win or not . . . San Antonio and South Texas just want college football, because they gave up on getting a professional team when Tom Benson didn't move the Saints to San Antonio after Katrina. . .

The big question mark was would a college team that wasn't the Longhorns draw support. And I think we have an answer.
12-18-2012 07:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Big East Ready to Respond - johnbragg - 12-18-2012 07:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.