Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

HamptonRoads.com: Banowsky states more realignment coming. Confirms CUSA Exit Fee.
PaulDel2 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Sothern Miss
RE: HamptonRoads.com: Banowsky states more realignment coming. Confirms CUSA Exit F
(03-11-2013 04:12 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 04:09 PM)PaulDel2 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 04:02 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 03:57 PM)PaulDel2 Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 12:09 PM)AntiG Wrote:  LOL no. It was a solid, underappreciated one until it got appreciated (BE took most of their best programs). CUSA now is just Sunbelt plus a couple leftovers. Its a garbage conference that is now clearly inferior to the nBE aka CUSA V2.0 so obviously is the better choice by far for Tulsa.

If the SunBelt was so inferior how was it that they went 6-2 last year against teams that are going to the NNN (New No Name)Conference? Face it, the only quality football program that is going is ECU.

Because they had a good year? Houston has beaten Texas a number of times---does that mean we are as good as Texas? Hell no. Do it year after year after year---and then maybe you might have something. But just because Appalachian State beat Michigan one time doesnt mean FCS football is Big-10 quality. The same goes for the Sunbelt. Last year is irrelevant anyway---the Sunbelt is about to basically start over from scatch.

So then in your world, if you do it consistently then you are better. OK, Southern Miss, over the past 30 years and during the CUSA years, has a winning record (dominating record as to some) over everyone of the teams leaving for the NNN. So I guess then you are conceding that they are better on the field than any of the ones going.

Your free to check my posting history. Ive long advocated inviting S Miss and have said they should have been chosen rather than Tulane. I have no idea how that didnt happen. Makes no sense to me. BTW--for the record, both Houston and Tulsa have more total wins than S Miss since 2005--so some of those invitees have done ok too.

Lets set aside that cluster from last year, since, by your own admission one time events don't count.

Coog, just messing with ya. I would be pissed too if the BE did to us what they have done to the teams going in. All I know is that our AD has had a series of town hall meetings and the costs that Tallgrass has posted are close to what he has said the cost would be when the question was raised. He has all but said that they have put the pencil to it and it just doesn't work out as profitable for several years. The former AD said as much a few years ago after representatives of the BE visited the campus before UCF, SMU and UH were invited. I have never seen the proforma, but since both of them, and both are polar opposites, had seemed to say the same thing I tend to believe it.

By the way, still believe that multiple OT game between my Eagles and the Cougs is one of the best of all time.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 10:03 PM by PaulDel2.)
03-11-2013 09:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HamptonRoads.com: Banowsky states more realignment coming. Confirms CUSA Exit F - PaulDel2 - 03-11-2013 09:55 PM
RE: HamptonRoads.com: - VA49er - 03-11-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: HamptonRoads.com: - NBPirate - 03-11-2013, 12:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.