Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
Bookmark and Share
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?)
On a road trip this week and i went through some new cds to me but since some I had already posted album covers I am passing this time on some...

Korn: Requiem
--Went through it beginning to end and its a good/solid rocker and has some decent tunes but no "jams". IMO, its only flaw is the lack of their trademark funky bass and rap tinge.

Slash: 4
--Solid rocker and lots of good listening tunes. Again, no jams.

Living Colour: Biscuits EP
--I had had the tape for ages but just got the cd. It was a cool EP with some of the tracks...just not overly amazing.

The White Stripes: Elephant
--Finally replaced my cdr of this album. Still kicks ass.

RUN DMC: Back from Hell and Down with the King

So, neither is "bad" but I think Down with the King is slightly better than Back from Hell. Also both still kind of feel off from the traditional RUN DMC sound...like they were trying to hard to be something they weren't on a lot of tracks. Now, that said, I thought their final album, Crown Royal was pretty solid.

...and now...

[Image: 51Us7+7iDhL.jpg]

Cool listen. I have always loved their mix of rap, reggae, metal, rock and spirituality. I think all I have left now is to try to score their original Warriors EP.

[Image: 81e-yvG2UyL._SL1400_.jpg]

So this is like a mix of artists associated with Biohazard and Cypress Hill... and man do I dig it. Sen Dog is the primary rapper with the original lead vocalist of Biohazard as the secondary rapper/singer and B Real appears on a few tracks. Some really good stuff here.

[Image: 813SIMpkXPL._SY355_.jpg]

Another spin off from Biohazard. Definitely closer to the Biohazard sound and feel than Powerflo but less rapping of the lyrics. Pretty decent.

At work I have been going through the following:

The Black Crowes: Shake Your Money Maker and The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion

Metallica: Master of Puppets, St. Anger, Death Magnetic, And Justice for All.

Ice T: Freedom of Speech: Just Watch What You Say.

--Inspired to go back to it based on their video.... great album. Actually, it was the first album of his I ever had.

Evanescence: The Bitter Truth, Fallen, The Open Door
--good stuff

AC/DC: Live, Back in Black, For Those About to Rock We Salute You, The Razor's Edge

Def Leppard: Hysteria, Pyromania, High and Dry

Dio: Angry Machines, Dream Evil, Killing the Dragon, Master of the Moon, The Last In Line

Eminem: The Marshall Mather's LP

Ice Cube: Hits

Duff McKagan's Loaded: Loaded

House of Pain: Fine Malt Lyrics

Limp BizkitL $3 Bill Yall, Significant Other, Results May Vary

Pantera: Far Beyond Driven, Cowboys from Hell, Reinventing the Steel
02-28-2022 08:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: CUSA board Music thread (what are you listening to right now?) - PirateTreasureNC - 02-28-2022 08:54 PM
Something for the bird types - Galleyrat - 01-23-2014, 10:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.