Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
Bookmark and Share
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Spoilers]
(12-26-2015 05:54 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  I am really curious about Rey's backstory. I think it would be too obvious to make her Luke's daughter.

Disagree, I think it has to be this, sometimes the simplest option is the best option... but my confusion is, who's the mom, as Rey said she was left by both her parents??

As for Luke and the dark side of the force.. I think it's along the lines of he was training young Jedi's in order to prevent himself from going over the dark side, and when he lost one to the dark side of the force he went into seclusion to insure that he couldn't go to the dark side, and next movie will be Rey trying to learn/insuring that Luke doesn't go dark, as we have our major villain already in "big ugly" (can't remember his name now)

Quote:Also curious as to what they will do with Chewie without Solo.

So Han dies.. yeah, I knew that was coming... but I was kinda confused with one point.. Since Rey's the jedi to be, why is she getting to team up with Chewie as the pilot of the Mill. Falcon? (Who's appearance got the biggest cheer of the audience by the way when I went last night).

I mean they put the "jacket" on Finn, they made Poe the ace pilot (still not sure I like that character), but Rae gets to take over the Han Solo pilot seat?

I'm still not sure if I like Poe's character or not though, he doesn't have the "smooth" that radiates off him like Ford did as the hotshot pilot, he just seems more cocky than anything.

It was like they spent more of this movie trying to find the next Han Solo than anything else.

Quote:There were a couple of minor characters who seemed to have a bigger share of screen time that hint to a bigger role in future movies. The girl in the "cantina" scene who alerted the First Order of the droids presence got a bigger spotlight than seemed necessary. Same with one of the leaders of the gangs after Solo.

Actually I didn't have a problem with that.

Quote:Oh, and I would rather them kill off Indiana Jones than Hans Solo. That character has gotten worse each time. Solo was great here.

"Twice? Name the second time".

And I loved Rylo's theme music btw... it was (to me) a lot more subtle than the imperial death march.
12-28-2015 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Spoilers] - DaSaintFan - 12-28-2015 10:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.