Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
Bookmark and Share
NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
(04-01-2020 02:08 PM)MUther Wrote:  
(04-01-2020 01:11 AM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Colin Trevorrow's original script for Star Wars IX: Duel of the Fates had some differences with what showed up in Rise of Skywalker

Quote:From more Rose Tico to no Palpatine, here are the biggest differences between 'The Rise of Skywalker' and the original Episode IX script.

I'm going to disagree with this story's characterization that fans were clamoring for more, not way less Rose Tico in SWIX:TROS. Her character was essentially unnecessary to the core plot, so when it was cut down it wasn't really missed.

I did finally see SW:IX during the tail-end of its theatrical run, and my initail impression was it was way better than SW8:TLast Jedi. The Palpatine story was weird, and there were lots of little things to nitpick, but overall they did about as well as they could to rescue the story from the mess that Rian Johnson made of it. Shame Poe's character wasn't developed throughout the trilogy as the emerging leader that he ends up as--it would have been a nicer parallel to Luke Skywalker, and he could have passed the torch to him, per se.

The whole second movie was Poe learning to be a leader. All that crap while Leia was knocked out. Not following orders, doing things against orders, finding out the repercussions of not following orders, and finally why the orders were given. This was followed by the sacrifice of the acting admiral of the fleet or whatever to save the rest of them. Pretty much a crash course in being a leader.

Every decision he made right up to the mutiny was an exercise in learning to lead. After that he watched Laura Dern turn and crash the ship into the first order fleet as a sacrifice to save them all.

I did like the overall plot concept. If you squint you can see a WWII submarine vs destroyer movie. However, Vice Admiral Holdo was a horrible example of a leader but movie required her to be awful in order to stretch the movie run time. I'm afraid Poe would have learned all the wrong things about leadership.
11-30-2020 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers] - NorthTexan95 - 11-30-2020 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.