OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
Bookmark and Share
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
(02-08-2022 07:13 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(02-08-2022 07:24 AM)MUther Wrote:  We have history with Boba. There has to be story there to connect what we know with what is now in the series. There was no Mando prior to the series. They had the luxury of jumping right in and telling a story. Boba Fett has to have a bridge before we can move forward and that's taking some time. I really enjoyed watching his time with the Raiders, though. Got to see some of their rituals and culture that were unknown prior. I They gave us enough to understand there's a war coming and they gave us a ringer to help with that war. I imagine that will have a showdown between the alien cowboy and Mando (for killing his sheriff buddy) at some point. I believe that will be worth waiting for. I've enjoyed the series very much. But I accepted it was different due to Fett's arc. I didn't want to watch the same series we've already seen. The rest of this season and any in the future will be able to move forward without having to connect to the past, just like the Mandolorian.

That alien cowboy is Cad Bain. He's featured prominently in the Clone Wars animated series having worked closely with the Pikes. It took me a minute to get into watching an animated show, but a) it's not like that stupid Japanese anime stuff (much better quality than that) and b) the story telling is very good as most of the content came from Dave Filoni. Both Clone Wars and Rebels were really good IMO. And they have helped connect a lot of dots between movies and these live action new shows they are producing.

In essence, they are a must to know some of the backstory with what they're doing and where they are taking things. Same with Asoka. If you haven't watch Clone Wars, you really don't have the type of insight into her character and the role she played leading up to Order 66.
I concur.. When Cad was walking up I thought it was going to be Embo at first, But when he got closer I was excited.

I know he was telling the Marshall about Boba working for the Empire, but didn't Cad do some work for them as well?
02-09-2022 10:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers] - gdunn - 02-09-2022 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.