MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
(06-02-2022 06:42 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(06-01-2022 08:34 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(06-01-2022 06:17 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(05-31-2022 09:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  I am digging it so far.

I like Young Leia's deal... seems to fit with her circumstances and her adult ideals at the point of Episode IV.

I like how they showed you where Obi-wan was mentally from all the events and I dug his interactions with Lars.

Question.... was that box holding Anakin's original light saber and Obi-Wan's. That could some explain some of that that final scene of Episode 2.

Yes. If you remember after the fight in ROTS he took Anakin's light saber and gave it to Luke in A New Hope.

I think Obi Wan has some PTSD after Order 66.

I need to rewatch RotS then.... I know he cut him down to size on the banks of that lava flow but I didn't remember him taking Anakin's light sabre. But yeah, I remember him giving it to him at the beginning of ANH.

I also found it interesting that at the end of the last movie, Rey buried two lightsabers in the ground in almost the same manner LOL.
After the battle you see Obi Wan pick it up, apparently he buries it per what he said and what he did in the series. Then in ANH he gives it to Luke.

The story behind Rey is one was Anakin's saber, if you'll remember in The Last Jedi there was a struggle between Kylo and Rey and it broke. Between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, Leia gave Rey her saber to train with.

At the end when Rey fires up a saber, it's one she's constructed in the manner of a dual blade in which she needed two Kyber Crystals and she tuned them to her Jedi aura (I think that's what it's called). Luke did the same between Empire Strikes Back and ROTJ using a crystal Obi Wan had. Obi Wan had spare parts and instructed Luke to do so with old Jedi manuscripts and using his force ghost.

Here's a tidbit I found interesting the other day. I always read that the reason Sith had red blades were because they used synthesized crystals but that's not the case as they're not stable. Case and point I believe Kylo's crystal is synthesized. Reason why it's so unstable. Typically a Sith would kill a Jedi, take their crystal and let their rage "bleed" into the crystal hence why it's red. That's why Kylo wanted Anakin's saber.

I think it was more to do with him collecting his grandfather's artifacts. He had a whole office filled with Sith stuff. But it could be that saber crystals were scarce at that point and Anakin's had one. I don't know.
06-02-2022 12:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers] - MUther - 06-02-2022 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.