I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers]
(06-23-2022 11:34 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(06-23-2022 10:56 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(06-23-2022 06:01 AM)gdunn Wrote:  
(06-22-2022 08:24 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Obi-Wan #6

Bruh....

During the Clone Wars animated series I kept saying Obi Wan is a baaaad man..

Episode VI showed that Obi Wan still is a baaaad man... When he set up in his normal stance (I forget what fighting style it's called) I was like well here we go.

Episode didn't disappoint.. Also fixed a plot hole from A New Hope....

There were still way too many ridiculous plot holes. Too much of what we saw throughout the six parts came off as way too choregraphed rather than having a natural appeal or flow to it.

For a show that was focused on Obi-Wan and Darth Vader to not come out as an A++ you would almost have to try to intentionally screw it up. Yet even as much as I enjoyed seeing this snapshot of the time period between the Clone Wars and genesis of the original trilogy, it feels like a solid B maybe a B+ if you want to be generous.

The end was somewhat surprising. The light saber dual I thought was the best one so far (but shouldn't have been cutting away to the Third Sister chasing Luke during it - just stay with the dual). Also, I did not expect OW to defeat him again especially as strong as we see Vader just prior to this duel. Yet, he never finishes the job and eliminates Anakin. But then he acts like it's all over at the end. Which doesn't make sense because 1) he didn't kill Vader and 2) he knows the Emperor is still out there pulling strings.

So, happy we got it while knowing the Disney still continues to F with the franchise in ridiculous ways.

I think the reason why Kenobi doesn't dispatch with Vader is the same reason why he doesn't finish the job in RotS.. He can't bring himself to deliver the final death blow to his Padawan/Friend/Brother.

Again he done substantial damage and probably thinks Vader is done for anyway.

His mission though is not to destroy Vader.. His mission to guard Luke and train him when he's old enough.

Mfer is definitely out of commission for a while. I loved how his voice went back and forth from Vader to Anakin as the modulator malfunctioned. You knew Obi was gonna win because a. he's still alive for ANH and b. they kept foreshadowing with training where Anakin would lose because he let his anger get the better of him. Main thing I really liked was how all of this let you know that he was not a weak old man in ANH and probably could have taken Vader in that fight, too, except for the fact that he would have sacrificed their mission and would have been no help to Luke. The distraction saved the day and gained him the ability to stay with Luke and help train him.

They also had the prophecy of the "chosen one" that was to bring back balance to the force. They know Anakin is that guy. It's more foreshadowing in hindsight that Vader admits he killed Anakin. Even he doesn't know there's still good in himself. I think Obi Won sensed it right then when Vader eased him of a lot of his guilt, rather than continuing to blame him. Vader seemed to want to finally beat Obi more than get revenge against him. He just wanted to win.

I don't know how anyone didn't like it. It was good entertainment if nothing else. I guess it's the in thing to be a critic and rip stuff apart, anymore. I'll probably watch Kenobi 3,5, and 6 about a hundred times over the summer. The story filler was good, too, but once you know that part there isn't much rewatch value.
06-25-2022 12:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: OT: Star Wars Thread [Warning: Possible Spoilers] - MUther - 06-25-2022 12:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.