billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT
(08-10-2017 08:02 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 07:54 AM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 08:34 PM)CameramanJ Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 04:33 PM)billybobby777 Wrote:  
(08-09-2017 02:50 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  The battle was at the Blackwater Rush, the river that goes from the Westerlands all the way across to the Blackwater Bay (where Stannis the Man-is and his navy got roasted by Tyrion and Bronn). My guess is that they followed the river rather than taking the Rose Road to avoid potential ambushes by the various outlaw groups that live in the woods in that region. Not a bad idea, because going off-roading puts you in an area where you have wide, clear lines of sight and open fields. In fact the only thing that could possibly go wrong is if you were attacked by a marauding group of horse riders. Oh wait...

Haha...so did the wagon full of gold to pay the iron Bank get torched? The Iron Bank will have its due no matter who sits the Iron throne. Westeros is in huge debt to them. Jaquen Hagar may have to return if that debt is not paid.....I'm hoping he does. In the books it's noted that the Iron Bank has hired the faceless men to deal with those who didn't pay back debts.....

When Randyl Tarly rode up at the beginning of the scene, he confirmed with Jaime that the last of the gold had made it through the gates of Kings Landing. Cersei's scene with the Iron Bank representative shows that she's not going to leave the Crown debt-free, however; I seem to remember her mentioning the hiring of the Golden Company mercenary group to assist with pacifying Westeros. Who better to fight a marauding horde of Dothraki than arguably the greatest company of sellswords in Essos, right?

That link again:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Golden_Company

This would be a convenient opportunity for Dany to hire/sweet talk Daario & the Second Sons to assist in her war of conquest. Quick and easy way for the show to kill off Daario and wrap up another loose end from the Slaver's Bay saga

I watched it again and Tarley does not say the gold has made it to kings landing yet. Jamie gives Bronn a bag from the gold wagon at that same time. Later, Cersei talks about hiring the golden company and other things and the banker says, "When the gold arrives." I see no proof from episode 4 anywhere that the gold has made it through the gates of KL. I agree with you that Dario and 2nd Sons will join. Also, will the unsullied free Edmure Tully from the Lannister dungeons in casterly rock?

BB, watch the first 30 seconds of this video. As Randall rides up, he says, "All the gold's safely made it through the gates at King's Landing" and Jaime replies, "Good" and vigorously nods his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQtGZYEvFhA

Thanks for that. You are right. Were they at the head or tail during the battle?
08-10-2017 03:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "I will burn cities to the ground!" GOT - billybobby777 - 08-10-2017 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.