Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2017-2018 AAC Basketball Media Days (with Preseason Coaches Poll / Awards)
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: 2017-2018 AAC Basketball Media Days (with Preseason Coaches Poll / Awards)
(10-17-2017 12:51 PM)AndShock Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 12:14 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 12:05 PM)JFlight21 Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 11:31 AM)Wudizzle Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 10:54 AM)JFlight21 Wrote:  HAHA I have never seen so many fans this butt hurt over a meaningless preseason ranking. Although it does make sense because this fan base would probably take a KenPom title over an actual national title.

Pretty salty talk about a fanbase whose team has actually been within shouting distance of said national title this millennia. But I can see how you would want to attack the analytical metrics. They paint a picture you don't like. That painting looks pretty much the same if you use regular season or post season results as the medium instead, though that doesn't fit your narrative.

I'm still trying to find all the people you claim are upset to begin with. Seems like an invention of your mind.

My apologies for the statement about the fan base. After further review it appears that coldblooded is alone in his reaction.

Re: analytics

Don't you think most fan bases side with whatever fits their narrative best?

Here is one fact about WSU: they didn't beat a single NCAAT at large team during the regular season.

Here is another: they finished 8th (I think) in Kenpom.

I don't think it's irrational for me to be skeptical about WSU this coming year as a top 5 team (and being better than UC), considering they lost to every good team they played except Dayton.

Likewise, I can see how you all are incredibly excited about your squad this year (minus the injury concerns). 8th in Kenpom is impressive and goes to show how dominant WSU was in the MVC. I for one am excited to see how that translates to the AAC, but hopefully it's not at the expense of a UC conference title.

I have another fact about WSU:

9-4 in the NCAA's in the last 4 visits.

The Shockers eat skeptics for breakfast.

T

...03-cool
^^^^

The "didn't beat an NCAA tournament team" is so obnoxious and irrelevant and such a low sample size it does not matter one iota. When you add in the fact that ZERO Wichita State fans will tell you we were elite with Conner Frankamp at PG the sample size becomes even more insignificant.

You know what's significant? Marshall's teams exceeding or meeting lofty expectations year after year. Marshall's teams competing in March every single year. His worst performance in the NCAA tournament since 2005 was losing by 10 in the first round. With Winthrop. As a 14 seed. That was his WORST result. (Full disclosure: he had worse results when he still using Winthrop players from the previous coach). Bet against Gregg Marshall, you will come out looking dumb. You can be skeptical all you want. But I am not skeptical. I'm 100% sure. It's not like people haven't been skeptical of WSU every single year. The only thing that changes every single year is where the goalposts are located.

You literally just made my point for me.

Different fan bases have different narratives. What I stated were two FACTS.

I watched WSU against UK (and a couple of others games) and was definitely impressed. They clearly had a good team last year and I think they'll be really good this year. But I am allowed to be skeptical about a team (as a top 5 lock) that didn't beat anyone with a pulse (other than Dayton) and have their two stars nursing foot fractures. Just like you can scream from the top of the mountain about KenPom all you want.

It's not like I'm saying WSU is a bubble team. I think they are two really good teams in this conference for next year, but I believe UC will be better. And, no, before you ask, I don't think UC will be a top 5 team. I think both are in the 8-12 range.
10-17-2017 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2017-2018 AAC Basketball Media Days (with Preseason Coaches Poll / Awards) - JFlight21 - 10-17-2017 01:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.