Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball?
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball?
(02-05-2018 12:47 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wic...07544.html

Mark Adams: “Are they as good defensively as they have been? The answer right now is no. If you’re looking for a common thread in those five losses, here’s what I found: In the Notre Dame loss, Bonzie Colson went for 25. Trae Young went for 29 and 10 assists. Shake Milton went off for 33. Houston’s Rob Gray went for 24. Temple’s Quinton Rose scored 19 (on Thursday). Now that adds up to the other team’s best player averaging 26 points and shooting well over 50 percent. Really since Gregg (Marshall) has been here, that’s typically never happened.

Gary Parrish: “They’re just not good on the defensive end and that’s really surprising. They were top-15 in defensive efficiency last year... I don’t know how to explain why this Wichita State team isn’t better. They’ve got an unbelievable defensive coach and players who have done it before.”

“Does Wichita State look like a top-10 team right now? The answer is no. But if they start guarding a little better, maybe a lot better, then they’re certainly still capable of that. I would be way more concerned if the pieces weren’t in place. But almost all of the pieces that made them really good last year are basically in place. It’s just a matter of doing it.

Rob Dauster: “They’re just not defending all that well and you kind of made the assumption coming into the season that a team coached by Gregg Marshall is going to defend well regardless of what conference and who they were playing. They just haven’t done that. It doesn’t make any sense to me and I can’t figure it out."

Someone stole our defense. Aliens? 07-coffee3

T

...03-cool

or it wasnt there to begin with..and your stats were inflated from playing scrubs
02-05-2018 12:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - pesik - 02-05-2018 12:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.