Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball?
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball?
(02-05-2018 02:29 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 01:41 PM)ShockerFever Wrote:  No doubt competition has been different and has had its effects.

However, people keep forgetting and/or dradtically undervaluing the loss of our top two assistant coaches. That’s where scheming, strategizing, and overall defensive play calling has been altered.

Even with the same players.

i see this so often on shockernet. this seems to be he #1 excuses wsu fans ..i completely disagree...no coach wins as much as marshall who is dependent on his assistants. have you ever watched a coaching cast (games but have top coaches commenting, they do it for big post season games)..these coaches know there xs and os
in the words of coach cal (who constantly losses assistants)..all great programs should expect to lose their assistants.

i think you guys are over valuing the loss of the assistants coaches..

i was thinking about this the other day (i saw a thread on your forum about if wichita coming to the aac wad bad)...i started to think...if wichita was in the mvc today, you at worst would have 3 losses for the season.. your defensive stats would be amazing.. the best team in the MVC lost by 40 to boise..

if you honestly answer this question (not you cold, you are in denial) : "how would the wichita be doing if they were in the MVC?"..the only honest answer is dominating..you lost to a healthy smu, houston and temple..there isnt a team in the mvc of any of those teams quality

that leads to the next question, "how can you not say its the league knowing if you were in your old league youd be dominating?"

specific answers: more talent in this league on a every game basis (fewer stat padder games), when you play good teams your flaws are more exposed, the more good teams you play the more film there is on how to stop you, demoralization is a great defense (get up 20 and a lot of teams tend to give up..vs mvc opponents)..hard to build confidence in a tough league when players are down (no midseason glorified scrimmages to work out kinks)

You are exactly correct. Assistants are assistants for a reason. Gregg Marshall taught them everything they know. That being said, competent assistants are integral to running a successful organization wouldn't you agree? Gregg is used to having his assistants on the sideline screaming the things he taught them to the players. It's almost as if each coach has a certain group to harp on during the game. Marshall's current staff just sits on the bench and picks their noses.

P.S. You lurk on Sheepnet.net? Man, you are obsessed. I couldn't even begin to tell you where any AAC team boards are located.

T

...03-cool
02-05-2018 02:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - C0|db|00ded - 02-05-2018 02:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.