Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball?
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball?
(02-05-2018 05:08 PM)Doglando Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 05:04 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 04:48 PM)AABearcat Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 04:17 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 04:11 PM)Huskypride Wrote:  i really think you WSU fans are overreacting....when you play in a stronger league you lose more. that's is it. The AAC is bigger, more athletic, and more talented then the MVC and your players are still adjusting to it.

Would you also agree that if you play worse you lose more?

And if you'll agree to that, would you agree that Wichita State is not playing like the top 10 team (#3 just a few weeks ago) it was predicted to be? (Hint: if you can't agree with this I'm forced to toss you in the biased/spiteful crowd pile).

T

...03-cool

I will give it to you like I tell my kids, sometimes you get beat. It's not about what you aren't doing but more about what the other guys did.

Example, I played baseball in college, sometimes you face a pitcher that on that day is better, period. It's about what he did, not automatically that I failed as a hitter/player that day. It doesn't mean I suck. It means he won, that day.

It's not always about the loser playing like crap. Sometimes it can be the hitting backdrop on the road and can be tough to adjust too. Maybe it's a crappy night's sleep in the hotel before the game. Maybe it's fatigue of playing multiple games against good teams in a short window of time. Maybe it's a nagging injury, sore arm and so on. Maybe is a combination of multiple factors. Here's one for you, maybe the opponent on that day was flat out better than you?

Fans (short for fanatics) like to simplify things. "We lost" so "we suck". "We just don't look the same, something is wrong". Same with WSU. You have an expectation of how they should play based on what you think you see. A team that was a big fish (and a very good team) in a little pond (MVC). They were in the top 10 3 weeks ago, what happened? Nothing. Same team, just got into conference play. Perhaps if WSU had started the season in conference play, they never would have been in the top 10.

I think reality for you guys is in the middle. You're a really good program, with a good coach and good fan support. Your team has been fun to watch I admit and I think a great addition to the conference. But the reality is you're not and you never have been world beaters. You've made some nice tournament runs of late, but Kentucky or UNC you aren't. WSU will be a factor in the AAC this year and beyond, but probably never the program that can just show up and go undefeated in conference play. Reality.

The whole "we suck" thing because you have 3 losses in conference just seems very mature to me. I'm glad I didn't teach my kids to have that kind of attitude. Sometimes you get beat, go back out and kick their ass next time, move on.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Unfortunately I'm going to have to question your ability to judge a "world beater". You see, we've been watching the Shockers earn the title of National Power for over half a decade now while Cincy fans still revel in their lone Sweet 16 since the turn of the century... and that's while enjoying membership in one of the top basketball conferences in the country... So, what we've done out of the MVC compared to what you've done out of the Big East? Yeah... we're world beaters!

And for the one billionth time... we aren't playing this way due to bad hotel stays or the almighty power of the 7th ranked conference in the land. We're playing this way for internal reasons. Yes, the competition is slightly more difficult but whether or not it would change our W/L record one iota is extremely difficult to substantiate. As crappy as we played, we almost beat Temple. As unbelievable as SMU played we only last by single digits. And Houston? Well... Houston is Houston lol. A normal Shocker team gets back 2 of those 3 losses IMHO.

T

...03-cool

Wichita has been to one elite 8 in the last 35 years. chill with this national power stuff

Oh oh... you really want my National Power quote bomb don't you? Keep it up buster! 05-mafia

T

...03-cool
02-05-2018 05:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's wrong with Wichita State Basketball? - C0|db|00ded - 02-05-2018 05:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.