Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If You Were a Recruit Are You...
Bookmark and Share
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
RE: If You Were a Recruit Are You...
(02-06-2018 11:03 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  Not to ask and not answer...

I get the hoopla, because it's a monumental decision but we don't provide the Hollywood moments for the kids who are picking between MIT and Harvard on an artificial intelligence scholarship. When it first happened back in the day it was kind of novel and I guess cool, but it seems overdone now.

For me, I might still be willing to have the local paper (or its digital equivalent) do the proverbial photo op with the parents and coaches just to have the record of it, but that's literally as far as I would go. IMO, having the whole school leave class and head to the auditorium so a football player who's managed to snug in that 2.299 GPA can tell the whole word where he is going to college is an affront to the academic setting. And I say that as someone who really loves college football.

Not only is it not unique--its flat out common. Most high schools now have some sort of signing ceremony for all the kids signing letters of intent. The coaches, family, classmates, and parents are usually invited. Local press is welcome, but at most smaller high schools, its usually just the yearbook staff and the HS paper. These days its probably streamed somewhere on social media. Thus, for most, its really a matter of doing some sort of "hat thing" at the regularly scheduled HS ceremony or just showing up in the jersey of your school of choice and signing your letter with no additional fanfare. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018 12:29 PM by Attackcoog.)
02-08-2018 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If You Were a Recruit Are You... - Attackcoog - 02-08-2018 12:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.