Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Wichita State vs. Cincy (Round #1)
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
RE: Wichita State vs. Cincy (Round #1)
(02-11-2018 01:19 PM)TU4ever Wrote:  
(02-11-2018 01:09 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  **Notice: I moved my response to the following comment from the "bubble thread" into here where it belongs**

(02-11-2018 12:16 PM)vabearcat Wrote:  
(02-10-2018 03:39 PM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  Again, I can't wait for the Cincy - WSU matchup if for no other reason than to see a current National Power play the best Cincy team in decades. I pray that we play like our normal selves and that Cincy has a good game.

T

...03-cool

So if/when the Shackers lose it will be because they didn't play their "normal" game. I suppose their normal game would be against an Evansville or a Drake.

I'm beginning to understand what happened with the Shockers this year based on continued feedback from the team. We simply didn't take our opponents seriously at times. This absolutely happened against Houston and Tulsa for obvious reasons. The obvious reasons being that we've prison raped Tulsa every time we've played them since anybody can remember; and right before the Screwston debacle, we had beaten them by 75 in Wichita. Nobody on the Shocker team was going to get up for those road games even with the coach's repeated warnings. You might even label them as trap games.

SMU is just one of those times where you fall victim to the Super Bowl effect. SMU wasn't going to lose that night even if it cost them their lives. We played fairly well. SMU's (and Shake's) true potency was on display for all to see after their victory though. Hint: I don't think Shake has made a shot since...

The game at Temple is a head-scratcher for many reasons. That should have been an easy double-digit victory. I can only assume that the Shockers looked at their record and figured them to be about as good as it indicated. We relaxed, Temple played a little above their norm... we lose. We looked so careless in that game though. The lack of focus and unforced turnovers was alarming.

If we play 40 minutes of purposeful basketball and blow Temple out at home, I think the Shockers will give the full treatment down in The City of Weird Chili. If the Shockers "Play Angry", I like our chances. I've seen a tiny bit of Cincy bball this year (mostly preseason) and read some of the post-game discussion. Let me say that I'm not impressed. This league is VERY weak and Cincy has escaped several times against suspect teams. Now they go into SMU with a team that has been running ads in the local paper looking for roster help. Everything is aligning for UC to win the conference (including WSU's bedwetting).

We've shown a mental weakness this year I've not seen in a very long time. Perhaps we've moved beyond it. Perhaps we haven't. If this roster plays like it can - like it has in the past with THE EXACT SAME PLAYERS, we have more than enough firepower to leave Queen City with a win. Our offense is vastly superior, our defense is comparable when the players commit to employing it.

T

...03-cool

You know who doesn't need excuses?

Winners.

As a Tulsa fan I've got to believe you gleaned that little gem out of a book somewhere?

T

...03-cool
02-11-2018 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wichita State vs. Cincy (Round #1) - C0|db|00ded - 02-11-2018 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.