Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All you Bower ball fans make me sick...
Bookmark and Share
USMFAN#1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
All you Bower ball fans make me sick...
This trend at Southern Miss will either have to stop or we are headed for 1AA....this measure of inconsistency in mediocrity has gotten out of hand...we must seek an alternative or accept our doom...We suck! So does most of the conference..woohoo..let us have our 13th winning season, getting trounced by the winners and beating up on patsies like ourselves! If you were real USM fans, you wouldnt accept this pathetic crap! Im sick of this year after year after year! Nobody can do better? BS
10-22-2006 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Re: All you Bower ball fans make me sick...
USMFAN#1 Wrote:This trend at Southern Miss will either have to stop or we are headed for 1AA....this measure of inconsistency in mediocrity has gotten out of hand...we must seek an alternative or accept our doom...We suck! So does most of the conference..woohoo..let us have our 13th winning season, getting trounced by the winners and beating up on patsies like ourselves! If you were real USM fans, you wouldnt accept this pathetic crap! Im sick of this year after year after year! Nobody can do better? BS

Be careful what you wish for you might get your version of John Thompson.
10-22-2006 06:57 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
[quote="USMFAN#1"]This trend at Southern Miss will either have to stop or we are headed for 1AA....this measure of inconsistency in mediocrity has gotten out of hand...we must seek an alternative or accept our doom...We suck! So does most of the conference..woohoo..let us have our 13th winning season, getting trounced by the winners and beating up on patsies like ourselves! If you were real USM fans, you wouldnt accept this pathetic crap! Im sick of this year after year after year! Nobody can do better? BS[/quote

Fine, hit the door. You aren't needed. I am sure one of the two instate SEC bottom feeder schools would welcome you.
Fellow CUSA fans. this is an example of what a consistantly winning program does to some people. It makes them spoiled brats and just plain stupid. They are very few, but like all programs we have our morons. ]
10-22-2006 07:00 PM
NastyBunch33 Offline
To The Top

I Root For: Southern Miss

I'm a pretty optimistic guy, and seeing us start 3-3 in 2003 only to finish 9-3 with a Liberty Bowl berth has really helped me see a silver lining in the cloud of doom that was Saturday night. Let's win out, beat Tulsa in the C-USA Championship, and whip the snot out of the SEC opponent in the Liberty Bowl to finish 12-3!

GO EAGLES!
10-22-2006 07:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
USMFAN#1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I love USM...graduated from USM...want the best for USM...true fans of any program want the best for the school....this is a losing trend...some of you will never see it...beating up on patsies while ALWAYS folding to good teams is not the way...this has gone on way too long
10-22-2006 07:07 PM
eaglewing505 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM

Every time someone posts something like this, they never offer a better alternative. So USMFAN#1, what coach out there is going to be better than Bower? Keep in mind this needs to be a coach that we can actually bring in. Let's hear it.

To the other USM fans that stick behind Bower, I honestly don't know why we're lucky enough to keep Bower. With all the negative attitude that people give, it's a wonder he doesn't just up and leave for a big money job.
10-22-2006 09:10 PM
Advertisement

USMFAN#1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

a coach who doesnt do this...

1. Bowers play calling.....3rd & 20...right up the freakin middle.
2. Not even trying with 2 minutes left in the half and down 19-6
3. fumbles, false starts, and delay-of-game penalties
4. Can't beat a decent team...and dont even mention TCU
5. Lost this game at halftime...did not make adjustments..typical

USM can afford someone new, someone creative, even if its a freaking highschool coach..i've seen some with more creative playcalling than Bower
10-22-2006 09:28 PM
chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska
StillJonesing Wrote:
USMFAN#1 Wrote:This trend at Southern Miss will either have to stop or we are headed for 1AA....this measure of inconsistency in mediocrity has gotten out of hand...we must seek an alternative or accept our doom...We suck! So does most of the conference..woohoo..let us have our 13th winning season, getting trounced by the winners and beating up on patsies like ourselves! If you were real USM fans, you wouldnt accept this pathetic crap! Im sick of this year after year after year! Nobody can do better? BS

Be careful what you wish for you might get your version of John Thompson.

So true. So true.

03-melodramatic
10-22-2006 09:38 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles

eaglewing505 Wrote:Every time someone posts something like this, they never offer a better alternative. So USMFAN#1, what coach out there is going to be better than Bower? Keep in mind this needs to be a coach that we can actually bring in. Let's hear it.

To the other USM fans that stick behind Bower, I honestly don't know why we're lucky enough to keep Bower. With all the negative attitude that people give, it's a wonder he doesn't just up and leave for a big money job.

You can't have a discussion with these guys. They for some reason think we should beat every BCS game we play and heaven forbid we lose to a CUSA team. You see, these Bower Bashers see CUSA as way below us.
Of course they are wrong, but to try and help them see the reality of the situation is fruitless. They are spoiled by a coach that has won year in and year out. The don't get the fact that all programs have bad years, i.e Nebraska, Penn State, etc. Bower has managed winning seasons in his bad years.
Also most of these guys don't give squat to the program. They are just pissed off that they can't increase their own personal ego by bragging about USM wins over BCS type programs.
Like I told this guy, if he is so upset, hit the door and find a school that fits his expectations.
I get upset at some of stuff we do at times and I think we can do better, but to throw it all at Bower's feet is a joke.
10-22-2006 09:38 PM
southernmiss4ever Offline
All American

I just want a coach that will live up to their own standards
10-22-2006 09:40 PM
MadEagle Offline
All American

eaglewing505 Wrote:Every time someone posts something like this, they never offer a better alternative. So USMFAN#1, what coach out there is going to be better than Bower? Keep in mind this needs to be a coach that we can actually bring in. Let's hear it.

Well, I think So.Miss could bring in a decent coach for the same amount of money we pay Coach Bower. Here's a couple that I think would be intrested in the job.

Paul Petrino Offensive Coordinator @ Louisville: One time quarterbacks coach at So.Miss, Enjoyed his time at So.Miss and he's a great Offensive mind, comes from a Coaching family.

Steve Roberts, Head Coach @ Arkansas State: This guy has done a great job at Arkansas State, He's a very talented offensive minded guy who gets the best out of his team.

Charlie Stubbs, Offensive Coordinator @ Tulsa: I think without a doubt that Steve Kragthorpe is the best Head Coach in this league, I think Carlie Stubbs is the closet thing to Coach Krathorpe that we could get.

Jimbo Fisher, Offensive Coordinator @ LSU: He's a bright young coach a hella of a recutier. He knows the area and he knows the conference.

Al Borges, Offensive Coordtinator @ Auburn: This guy knows offense and has done a great job with the offense at Auburn.

Now with those names thrown out there, Let me be the first to say. Im not so sure its Jeff Bower, I dont have nothing against Coach Bower has a person and not really as a coach I disagree with alot of the things he does come game time but all fans do that. I think he should bring in more expirence assistant coaches. Our offensive line coach is a really good football coach, Derrick Nix is a really good running backs coach and Bill Wilt is a really good defensive line coach but outside of those three im not overly impressed with any of the other coaches on staff. Thing is what you say bothers me. You act like So.Miss could not lure a good football coach to come coach our team. No offense Tulsa fans but I think before Tulsa got good. A Job at Southern Miss would be the job more assistant coaches would've rather had. Again im not calling for Jeff Bower's head.. But i am calling for changes and I am saying that if the adminstration at the school felt it was best to make a change at the top, So. Mississippi would attract good coaches to apply for the job.
10-22-2006 10:00 PM
Advertisement

USMFAN#1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Yes...you Bower toters will never change either..that is what is sad...so satisfied with being the little fish..it all starts at the top....Bower has remained year after year of firing his staff...changes have been made everywhere except at the top....mediocrity didnt use to be the standard...now it is...pitiful

Btw, im an alumni and contribute my fair share to the school..just so you know
10-22-2006 10:11 PM
Eagle4life05 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

USMFAN#1 Wrote:Yes...you Bower toters will never change either..that is what is sad...so satisfied with being the little fish..it all starts at the top....Bower has remained year after year of firing his staff...changes have been made everywhere except at the top....mediocrity didnt use to be the standard...now it is...pitiful

Btw, im an alumni and contribute my fair share to the school..just so you know

What do you call your fair share?? a $12 ticket at the top of the rock?

If you give so much then you must know that the EC is a place to voice your opinion instead of a messeage board for all to hear.
10-22-2006 10:32 PM
eaglewing505 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM

MadEagle Wrote:

Well, I think So.Miss could bring in a decent coach for the same amount of money we pay Coach Bower. Here's a couple that I think would be intrested in the job.

Paul Petrino Offensive Coordinator @ Louisville: One time quarterbacks coach at So.Miss, Enjoyed his time at So.Miss and he's a great Offensive mind, comes from a Coaching family.

Steve Roberts, Head Coach @ Arkansas State: This guy has done a great job at Arkansas State, He's a very talented offensive minded guy who gets the best out of his team.

Charlie Stubbs, Offensive Coordinator @ Tulsa: I think without a doubt that Steve Kragthorpe is the best Head Coach in this league, I think Carlie Stubbs is the closet thing to Coach Krathorpe that we could get.

Jimbo Fisher, Offensive Coordinator @ LSU: He's a bright young coach a hella of a recutier. He knows the area and he knows the conference.

Al Borges, Offensive Coordtinator @ Auburn: This guy knows offense and has done a great job with the offense at Auburn.

I'm not downing our school, but the only ones of those we have a realistic shot at getting with a salary on Bower's level are Stubbs and Roberts. Jimbo Fisher? People have thrown money at him for awhile. It would take a million/year plus to get him to consider leaving LSU.

Go ahead and push for the change. Just don't act as miserable as you guys do now when our program goes down the sh*tter.
10-22-2006 10:48 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

You guys seriously need to get a grip. Tulsa hit a home run yes but I think it is much more likely you strike out. You could just as easily hire a John Thompson or Greg Robinson type that will run your once consistent proud program into the ground. I think you have a much better shot at returning to your 9-3 type nationally ranked seasons with Jeff Bower who knows how to recruit at USM and has been there in the past rather than firing him and blowing up the program to start over with an unproven coach that could turn out to be a dud.

Also Bower has proven he isn't going to leave. You get anyone of those other guys and more than likely the first opportunity to step all over your stepping stone program they are out of there and you will be starting from scratch again. Look around at programs like Arizona, Texas A&M, Syracuse, ECU and see where firing long time successful head coaches got them. We were lucky because Holland ended the 2 year ERROR of John Thompson sooner than later and we think got us a good one, but why would you think of blowing something up like you have. You could just as easily end up with John Thompson as you could with Urban Meyer, and even if you got Meyer how long would that last 2 years???
10-22-2006 10:49 PM
Machavelli Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

LOL! 12 Winning seasons in a row. 4 CUSA championships. 8 bowls games in 9 years. No hint of ncaa trouble. And top 5 grad rates in the nation. Yeah, he's doing a horrible job. 01-wingedeagle
10-22-2006 11:13 PM
Advertisement

Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!

You know some people might not like this but i think Frank Solich would be a great fit for USM. I also like Steve Roberts from Ark State and Paul Petrino.
10-22-2006 11:14 PM
Machavelli Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

EagleRockCafe Wrote:Also most of these guys don't give squat to the program. They are just pissed off that they can't increase their own personal ego by bragging about USM wins over BCS type programs.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner. My thoughts exactly. I think they just want something to brag to their Ole Miss and MSU friends about.
10-22-2006 11:18 PM
MadEagle Offline
All American

eaglewing505 Wrote:
MadEagle Wrote:

I'm not downing our school, but the only ones of those we have a realistic shot at getting with a salary on Bower's level are Stubbs and Roberts. Jimbo Fisher? People have thrown money at him for awhile. It would take a million/year plus to get him to consider leaving LSU.

Go ahead and push for the change. Just don't act as miserable as you guys do now when our program goes down the sh*tter.

First of all, Like I said in my orignal post I dont have nothing against Bower. I think he's a decent football coach. I just think he doesnt do somethings well. Everyone feels that way about their coach. As far as hoping for changes, Yes i think we need to hire some better assistant coaches. Secondly I dont act all that miserable I think with the proper changes and better assistants Coach Bower and Southern Miss could do even better than they are doing now.

My questions for you, Are you happy with the current status of So.Miss football ? Dont say anything about 12 consective winning seasons, the 4 C-USA championships or the graduation rates I mean the current 2006 edition of the Southern Miss football team? And what is it about Coach Bower's FOOTBALL Coaching skills are you most impressed with ? Again dont say nothing about how he graduates players or how he recurits kids. Tell me what you like about his Coaching abilities ? Time Management, In game Offensive play calling and adjustments, defensive play calling or how he coaches our special teams.. ? What is it you like ?
10-23-2006 12:37 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

Machavelli Wrote:

LOL! 12 Winning seasons in a row. 4 CUSA championships. 8 bowls games in 9 years. No hint of ncaa trouble. And top 5 grad rates in the nation. Yeah, he's doing a horrible job. 01-wingedeagle

And he is a loyal alum that has turned down opportunities to stay at USM.
10-23-2006 12:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.