Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

12,867 at Rice today
Bookmark and Share
Cougar Red Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
12,867 at Rice today
Banowsky sold everyone on the SWC-lite theme when the Big East raided C-USA.

Today, two of those former SWC schools SMU and Rice were playing off for each school's first bowl bid in at least a generation, if not several.

And 12,867 show up? Rice fans - what gives?

SMU fans - surely many of you live in or near Houston. How many did you travel to the game?

IMO Rice won't be able to hold onto Todd Graham long at that level of fan support.
11-26-2006 12:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiki Owl Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Yea like your 30K undergrads and who knows how many alums in the Houston area show up every game. Based on the undergrad ratio if we draw 12K you should draw 120K. Just go away, we have heard all of this from you and your type all year long. We will just enjoy what TG has STARTED. Feel free to post how many you averaged the year after your 0-11 in 2001?
11-26-2006 12:30 AM
Tiki Owl Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

By the way has anyone else in CUSA every done anything that you found acceptable? We all are so unworthy to be in the same conference as UH...Forgive us all for having to take up space in your world.

A good portion of Rice and UH fans understand the difficulty both schools face in drawing non-aligned fans to our games and that success by both schools only helps each school. More and more want the crosstown school to succeed , but you make it very difficult to even consider pulling for UH.
11-26-2006 12:39 AM
Cougar Red Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Tiki Owl Wrote:Feel free to post how many you averaged the year after your 0-11 in 2001?

We have averaged over 20K for 6 of the last 7 years. We had 1 year that was 15K. I don't remember which.

I wasn't running smack. IMO the Rice athletic program has serious questions to answer about itself after drawing such a puny crowd against a SWC foe for its first bowl bid in ~40 years.

If you don't see the problem, then go ahead and keep on making your student body comparisons, SAT references, etc.

Whatever makes you feel better.
11-26-2006 12:47 AM
Psicosis Offline
Remain in Light

I Root For: Memphis

Crappies

Attendance smack from Houston. Classic.
11-26-2006 12:51 AM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Houston fans should never, EVER say a word to ANYONE about attendance issues...
11-26-2006 12:53 AM
Advertisement

Cougar Red Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

HornLakeTiger Wrote:Houston fans should never, EVER say a word to ANYONE about attendance issues...

Piss off. Rice fans sure talk about Houston attendance when it suits them.

BTW Nice choke job against Georgia Tech. What were you up, 46-30 at half? Played the second half like you had Rice in your veins.
11-26-2006 01:01 AM
OwlSD Offline
Way Out West

I Root For: Owls and Bears
Baseball GeniusDonators

Lame, lame attendance smack from a tired old poster who always has a bug up his ass about Rice. What's your f'in problem? Did your mommy's old boyfriend go to Rice, and you thought he was mean to your mommy?
11-26-2006 01:05 AM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Cougar Red Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:Houston fans should never, EVER say a word to ANYONE about attendance issues...

BTW Nice choke job against Georgia Tech. What were you up, 46-30 at half? Played the second half like you had Rice in your veins.

Yep, and then beat the piss out of this school called Kentucky less than 24 hours later. 02-13-banana

Okay, let me rephrase...neither Rice nor Houston should EVER say ANYTHING to each other about attendance.
11-26-2006 01:05 AM
Cougar Red Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

OwlSD Wrote:Lame, lame attendance smack from a tired old poster who always has a bug up his ass about Rice. What's your f'in problem? Did your mommy's old boyfriend go to Rice, and you thought he was mean to your mommy?

It sure is lame smack. Because it wasn't intended as smack. It was a serious question that got moved to the smack board.

But I guess you didn't follow all that.
11-26-2006 01:08 AM
gwebbdog
Unregistered

LISTEN UP YOU SLIMEY PUKES.

Houston Undergraduate Enrollment: 27,000
Rice Undergraduate Enrollment: 3,000

So, if Rice has 12,000 for a game, Houston should have 108,000.

DO YOU HAVE 108,000 PRIVATE?? I BET IF THERE WAS P**** IN THE STANDS YOU COULDN'T GET 108,000!!!

SO, YOU UNORGANIZED GRABASTIC PIECE OF AMPHIBIAN S***, I SUGGEST YOU STFU WITH YOUR TIRED RICE ATTENDANCE RANTS, ESPECIALLY SEEING AS HOW YOU'RE LIKELY CALLING A RICE ALUM BOSS THESE DAYS PRIVATE!!!

DISSSSSSSSSSSMISSED!
11-26-2006 01:10 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Cougar Red Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

HornLakeTiger Wrote:
Cougar Red Wrote:

Yep, and then beat the piss out of this school called Kentucky less than 24 hours later. 02-13-banana

Okay, let me rephrase...neither Rice nor Houston should EVER say ANYTHING to each other about attendance.

Kentucky appears down to me. They lost 13 games last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose 10+ this year too. That win probably won't be your best win when it's all said and done.

Houston plays them in front of 23,000 at Rupp where they win 90% of the time. A little more difficult chore than getting them in Hawaii in front of 2,300. But I expect we'll have a decent chance to win.
11-26-2006 01:14 AM
HornLakeTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

Cougar Red Wrote:
HornLakeTiger Wrote:
Cougar Red Wrote:

Kentucky appears down to me. They lost 13 games last year and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose 10+ this year too. That win probably won't be your best win when it's all said and done.

Houston plays them in front of 23,000 at Rupp where they win 90% of the time. A little more difficult chore than getting them in Hawaii in front of 2,300. But I expect we'll have a decent chance to win.

Hope you do..it'll make it look all the better when we beat you two, maybe three times this season. ;-)
11-26-2006 01:18 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards

Same old song and dance... You guys can't outdraw your student lot, and you think that WE have a problem....

You act as if drawing 20,000 is an accomplishment.,... It's 1/2 your enrollment idiot... It's 2.5yrs graduating classes... 12,000 at Rice is 15 years graduating classes...

You're an IDIOT if you think you're doing well at 20,000 and we're doing poorly at 12.....
11-26-2006 02:47 AM
monceaux Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars

So Rice fan runs smack at UH if we have 18,000 in attendance but if a UH fan says anything to Rice with 12K in attendance on their history-making day, we're aholes?

Ok...I got it now. Btw, where's owljacket? He was all over these posts 10 days ago running it ... now he's absent. Typical.
11-26-2006 08:52 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

UH in a similar position last year (FW bowl, Thanksgiving weekend, old SWC opponent who contributed to attendance): 12.5K.

For the UH grads out there, the alligator eats the big number, so 12.9K > 12.5K.

:shhh:
11-26-2006 10:20 AM
Advertisement

Anonymous
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

monceaux Wrote:Ok...I got it now. Btw, where's owljacket? He was all over these posts 10 days ago running it ... now he's absent. Typical.

Let's see, what is there to do on Sunday morning.. hmmm, church? travel for a job?

Yep, that stuff happens. Unfortunately, I have at least a little bit of dignity so I can't play boy toy for the rich and famous to earn a living.
11-26-2006 10:22 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
Re: 12,867 at Rice today
Cougar Red Wrote:Banowsky sold everyone on the SWC-lite theme when the Big East raided C-USA.

Today, two of those former SWC schools SMU and Rice were playing off for each school's first bowl bid in at least a generation, if not several.

And 12,867 show up? Rice fans - what gives?

If Cougar Red would spend as much time on promoting/selling UH Football Tickets...as he/she does blasting Rice Attendance...I think Houston would easily sellout ALL their home games in Reliant Stadium (70,000 plus per game!)

I can't believe why Cougar Red can't get most of the over 180,000 graduates of the Univ of Houston to buy tickets?

Oh...I know why....because he/she is too busy bashing RICE!
11-26-2006 10:38 AM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Empty seats on a televised game surely do not help recruiting! Ask Temple!
11-26-2006 01:06 PM
eaglewing505 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM

OwlJacket Wrote:UH in a similar position last year (FW bowl, Thanksgiving weekend, old SWC opponent who contributed to attendance): 12.5K.

For the UH grads out there, the alligator eats the big number, so 12.9K > 12.5K.

:shhh:

lmfao
Oh man, I hope everyone got that. That was truly a classic. 04-bow
11-26-2006 01:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.