Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Okay now that we are past the All Star Break
Bookmark and Share
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I know that this is not WKU related but since we aren't talking about anything at all I don't see the harm in me feeding my baseball addiction.

AL East -- I do so want Baltimore to pull this out but it's not going to happen. Boston takes the division(I don't have confidence in this pick but I refuse to pick the Yankees.)

AL Central --Chicago but they go nowhere in post season.

AL West -- I will take Oakland to come from 5 games back to edge the Angels -- why because Moneyball is a great book! :rolleyes:

NL East -- Atlanta, Bobby Cox could take a little league team to the division title.

NL Central -- St Louis Go Red Birds!

NL West -- San Deigo but who cares?

I will refrain from the wild card picks at this time.
07-26-2005 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DUFUS Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I had such high hopes for the Washington Nationals. What a story that would have been...
07-26-2005 02:55 PM
TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

DUFUS Wrote:I had such high hopes for the Washington Nationals. What a story that would have been...
True but remeber they were a "small market team" give them a few years in a town that wants the exposure that pro ball affords and get actual ownership and you will see them well being edged out by Bobby Cox and Company! :rolleyes:
07-26-2005 02:59 PM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think it will be hard to ever edge out a Bobby Cox coached team. The Braves (my personal fave) just seem to retool. Especially this year. At the beginning of the season they weren't picked to be in the top 3 in their Division. However, Bobby did his magic, even with Andruw playing like a little girl. Then, all hell breaks loose. Mondesi can't play worth a crap so he's shipped off, Chipper gets hurt, half of the pitching staff goes down (including Hampton and Hudson), Furcal is hurt (no real loss there, except for his defense), Giles is banged up, etc, etc, etc. So, what do they do? Bring players up from the minors. What a novel idea? You mean teams actually build players in their minor league systems still? At this I have to say the Braves might be the best in the major leagues. Twice this season every player on the the field in a Braves uniform actually came up through their minor leauge system. It's absolutely remarkable.

Oh yeah, and they kept pace with one of the hottest teams at the time, the Nationals. Now, players are getting healthy and they're back on top of the division (or tied). Doesn't get much better than that, does it? Well, if they win 14 straight, then yes. That 13 straight division titles still blows me away.
07-26-2005 04:01 PM
Advertisement

TrumanWKU Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Big Squirrel Wrote:I think it will be hard to ever edge out a Bobby Cox coached team. The Braves (my personal fave) just seem to retool. Especially this year. At the beginning of the season they weren't picked to be in the top 3 in their Division. However, Bobby did his magic, even with Andruw playing like a little girl. Then, all hell breaks loose. Mondesi can't play worth a crap so he's shipped off, Chipper gets hurt, half of the pitching staff goes down (including Hampton and Hudson), Furcal is hurt (no real loss there, except for his defense), Giles is banged up, etc, etc, etc. So, what do they do? Bring players up from the minors. What a novel idea? You mean teams actually build players in their minor league systems still? At this I have to say the Braves might be the best in the major leagues. Twice this season every player on the the field in a Braves uniform actually came up through their minor leauge system. It's absolutely remarkable.

Oh yeah, and they kept pace with one of the hottest teams at the time, the Nationals. Now, players are getting healthy and they're back on top of the division (or tied). Doesn't get much better than that, does it? Well, if they win 14 straight, then yes. That 13 straight division titles still blows me away.
If you reread my post I said that the Nats would be edged out by the Braves.
07-26-2005 04:07 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee

The Nats are getting A LOT of $ and interest from the fans. Needless to say, the Expos weren't. The Nats could be the NL East team that buys their talent here in a few years, while the Braves take a bunch of youngsters and no-namers and makes a team out of 'em. Remind you of something that exists in the AL East???
07-26-2005 06:50 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

Not my Cubs :(
07-27-2005 06:45 AM
Big Squirrel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Sorry Truman, I misread it. I thought it said that in the next few years the Nats would edge out the Braves.

Raider_ATO, are you saying the Nats will be the yankees or Red Sox of the NL East? I would certainly dread that. I get so tired of teams that just buy their players. I'm very happy with what the Braves have done over the years, i.e. bringing up kids through the minors and signing a key free agent here and there to solidify the roster. I think that's the way baseball is supposed to work. Otherwise, what are the minor leagues there for? How would you feel to be playing in the Yankees minor league system and know that there's little if any possibility that you'll ever see the majors with them? The only way that guy will make it to the bigs is if he's part of a trade for a big name player and he gets up there with his new team. It's just sad! :mad:
07-27-2005 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.