Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Johnny "Red" Floyd Stadium
Bookmark and Share
Unixmaster
Unregistered

Floyd Stadium is a great place to watch a football game. Fan friendly venue that seats nearly 31,000. Not sure what an SRO crowd would be but I suspect we could squeeze in another 3 or 4K. Hope to see that some day.

Expansive wide concourses on two levels with more than adequate restrooms and concessions.

The Floyd Stadium/Murphy Center complex features a state of the art Training Room and a beautiful lockerroom for the football team. The training room and lockerroom were the results of a million dollar gift from a generous sponsor.

The result of yet another million dollar donation, is the Middle Tennessee Athletic Hall of Fame under construction with a completion of later this year. This is the beginning of a plaza for athletics that will continue to grow with the anticipated construction of an athletic center.

On the drawing board is a three story Athletic Center immediately east of Murphy Center and north of the stadium which will become the "front door" to the athletic complex featuring coaches' offices, meeting rooms, and other facilities.

Built when the stadium was expanded is a 10,000 square foot strength and conditioning center/weightroom which compares well with other 1A facilities at nearby $ec and C-USA programs.

Link below:

<a href='http://goblueraiders.com/?go=story&doc=163' target='_blank'>Floyd Stadium </a>

[Image: pic3428.jpg]
02-17-2004 10:54 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

I have heard different people say it is the nicest stadium in the Sun Belt. I hope to make it up there next year, I missed a great game last year :frown:
02-17-2004 11:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unixmaster
Unregistered

SwampHound Wrote:"I have heard different people say it is the nicest stadium in the Sun Belt..."
I have also heard that from non-MT people so I assume it is true. The only other Sun Belt stadium I have seen in person is Arkansas State's which is nice. I like what I see of y'alls' stadium. It really looks nice from the photos I've seen. Definitely "1A." Photos of Troy's reworked stadium is impressive and it can be said that they have made a case for the nicest stadium in the Sun Belt.

Dragging up the rear and this is strictly my impression from photos and things I have heard is the stadiums of nmsu, utah state, ul-monroe and unt. Darrel Dickey has to be the best recruiter in the Sun Belt based what he has done with what he has to show prospects.
02-17-2004 11:16 PM
Advertisement

SwampHound Offline
All American

I Root For:
CrappiesCrappies

SpaceRaider Wrote:
SwampHound Wrote:"I have heard different people say it is the nicest stadium in the Sun Belt..."
I have also heard that from non-MT people so I assume it is true. The only other Sun Belt stadium I have seen in person is Arkansas State's which is nice. I like what I see of y'alls' stadium. It really looks nice from the photos I've seen. Definitely "1A." Photos of Troy's reworked stadium is impressive and it can be said that they have made a case for the nicest stadium in the Sun Belt.

Dragging up the rear and this is strictly my impression from photos and things I have heard is the stadiums of nmsu, utah state, ul-monroe and unt. Darrel Dickey has to be the best recruiter in the Sun Belt based what he has done with what he has to show prospects.
It seems I heard UNT will be building a new stadium, I could be wrong but you would think they certainly deserve one.
02-17-2004 11:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unixmaster
Unregistered

SwampHound Wrote:
SpaceRaider Wrote:

It seems I heard UNT will be building a new stadium, I could be wrong but you would think they certainly deserve one.
Going from what I've read and from what I see posted on the voy Mean AND Green forum which I have found to be closer to being factual than some stuff that gets posted elsewhere, I don't think we'll see a new stadium this decade in denton. Could be wrong, but those guys are usually right on the money about stuff happening around unt's athletic department. They have to raise the money and even with some sizable donations they are not finished raising money for phase 1 which includes an athletic facility. Phase 3 is a new stadium, so unless someone dumps a load of money on them that is a ways off.
02-17-2004 11:41 PM
Advertisement

RaisingCajun Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I love the air boxes. They add a nice touch to the stadium. Especially when it is raining. The owners of the air box behind us this past season were kind enough to envite my wife & daughter to take shelter during the rain towards the end of the game.
02-17-2004 11:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bytor Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I hope to make it up your way on 9/18, I had to cancel last years
trip at the last minute and turns out I missed a heck of a game.
Looks like a great stadium.
02-18-2004 04:53 PM
Advertisement

studentfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Crappies

From the pictures it looks like a great stadium, I know the Cajuns have a great time when over there every year.
02-20-2004 11:29 PM
BlueRaiderFn1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think Troy st. has a nice stadium.
03-08-2004 02:29 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Troy State has a VERY nice stadium as I have heard. I'm really lookin' forward to that trip on November 20th.

Space mentioned seeing Arkansas State's stadium. Well, the only other Sun Belt stadium I have seen is Romney Stadium at Utah State and it leaves much to be desired. It's nice if you don't mind playing in a pit. That is kinda' neat, but there are hardly any concession areas, and there is little or no places to hide from rain or other precipitation that falls from the sky.

I have heard Utah State is rennovating their stadium, but I don't know what exactly it is that is being upgraded.
03-21-2004 06:17 AM
BlueRaiderFn1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

BlueRaiderPride Wrote:Troy State has a VERY nice stadium as I have heard. I'm really lookin' forward to that trip on November 20th.

Space mentioned seeing Arkansas State's stadium. Well, the only other Sun Belt stadium I have seen is Romney Stadium at Utah State and it leaves much to be desired. It's nice if you don't mind playing in a pit. That is kinda' neat, but there are hardly any concession areas, and there is little or no places to hide from rain or other precipitation that falls from the sky.

I have heard Utah State is rennovating their stadium, but I don't know what exactly it is that is being upgraded.
It looked even nicer when they showed the Thundering Herd the door. :D
03-29-2004 11:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.