Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I'm just going to come right out and say it...
Bookmark and Share
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
I'm just going to come right out and say it...
TX Top is a joke.

If I had a voice that whiney and nasal I think I would stick to emailing the call in show.

Now I know that some of you guys on here share his opinions. And you all are welcome to your opinions.

BUT how can we call for firing Darrin Horn when we will obviously have a better team next year? If this team had 6 seniors and we were going to have to start over from scratch then yeah, I'd be right there with you guys.

I suspect I am in the minority on this... but if Horn has the success that I truly believe that he will have on the Hill I hope you guys will still be around to enjoy it with me.
02-15-2007 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KillToppers90 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: W. Kentucky

Is it football season yet?
02-16-2007 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

All message boards are the same. We didn't win a championship this year 03-hissyfit 03-weeping 03-hissyfit 03-weeping fire the coach!

The Louisville fans wanted Pitino fired this year and he has them on the way to the NCAA.

The KY fans wanted Rich Brooks fired... two months before he won them the Music City Bowl.

And now WKU fans want Darrin Horn fired the year before what could potentially be our best team in more than a decade.

But once you go out on that limb and say that a coach needs to be fired... youre emotionally invested in his failure. Its almost like politics. Every little tiny thing that goes wrong has to be pointed out to prove how right you are. And when the day comes that he proves you wrong... you have to swallow your pride and admit that youre wrong. Something that is against our nature to do. Once that line is crossed... its like poison. I just don't want that kind of negativity on the Hill.
02-16-2007 07:32 PM
galojah Offline
All American

I Root For: WKU & NC State

Donators

I am not happy with the season much like a lot of fans. And my patience for Horn is starting to lack. Six conferences losses was not the expectation this season. Their are obviously a lot of problems with this team and I'd just like Horn to take some blame. Having seen what the belt has to offer this season, their is no excuse for us to be fighting for a THIRD SEED.

Next year is always better... I'd like some results THIS year for once.
02-16-2007 08:07 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I'd like some results THIS year for once.

As would I. No question about it.

But should we throw the baby out with the bathwater?

Do we really think that some assistant from flavor of the month U is going to do better?

On the Haven some of the fans want Willard. First of all, I think Willard is content where he is at. But even if he was at one time willing to consider returning to WKU, why would he do so after we threw Horn under the bus?

Horn has spent 4 years building next year's team. I think he has earned the right to succeed or fail with it.
02-16-2007 08:43 PM
Advertisement

KillToppers90 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: W. Kentucky

I am just saying that for a mainly basketball school, we have a way of not performing very well. I am by no means saying that we can't do better, but we have been very mediocre for several seasons now. The Sun Belt does not have a great overall ranking as compared to the MVC but I don't want to see us be anywhere else. I would like to see the SBC raise its level of play quite a bit however.
02-17-2007 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I don't know Darrin Horn, I just have impressions of him.

He strikes me as above average intelligence, hard working (you could even say "driven"), and he certainly looks the part of the successful young coach.

I knew a handful of people like that in high school. They are all very, very successful.

Horn has not succeeded yet, but I don't think he has failed yet either.
02-18-2007 08:05 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.

Hilltopper2K Wrote:All message boards are the same. We didn't win a championship this year 03-hissyfit 03-weeping 03-hissyfit 03-weeping fire the coach!

The Louisville fans wanted Pitino fired this year and he has them on the way to the NCAA.

The KY fans wanted Rich Brooks fired... two months before he won them the Music City Bowl.

And now WKU fans want Darrin Horn fired the year before what could potentially be our best team in more than a decade.

But once you go out on that limb and say that a coach needs to be fired... youre emotionally invested in his failure. Its almost like politics. Every little tiny thing that goes wrong has to be pointed out to prove how right you are. And when the day comes that he proves you wrong... you have to swallow your pride and admit that youre wrong. Something that is against our nature to do. Once that line is crossed... its like poison. I just don't want that kind of negativity on the Hill.

One of the best posts I've seen in a while.

Let's face it, when WKU (or MT, for that matter) are not faring well in any sport, the Sun Belt suffers.

Best of luck for you women to get to the Big Dance. I sinerely hope that the Lady Tops make it. I was hoping that they'd win out until they faced us once again.

Sadly, our men's team is among the worst ever in recent history. We should be very good next year, but we always hear about "next year" don't we?

A good WKU is good for the conference.

Keep your heads up, WKU fans.
02-21-2007 02:11 AM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Very classy KR. It would be easy to kick us while we're down (and it will probably get easier in the next couple of weeks.)

Middle (and the Sunbelt) should be much better next year in basketball.
02-21-2007 10:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.