Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Did Garcia really give the choke sign?
Bookmark and Share
OKCTiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tiger B-ball

Did Garcia really jump up on the table and give the choke sign after DWash FT?

I have always admired Garcia as a player despite the fact he is a Cardinal but if this is true I have lost all respect for him as an athlete and person.
03-12-2005 04:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ChattTiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:

yes, but it was more of a double throat slash gesture than the classic choke sign. He did it just on Louuisville's side of midcourt on top of the press table. Right after Myles had been up there taunting our fans.

I'm sure TTwice should have some comment on it since it happened almost right in front of him.
03-12-2005 04:56 PM
GSN1 Offline
All American

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S !!!

Yes he did. And many Louisville fans on the west side of the arena were doing it at the games end prior to the nets being cut down.
03-12-2005 05:06 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs

GSN1 Wrote:Yes he did. And many Louisville fans on the west side of the arena were doing it at the games end prior to the nets being cut down.
And to think somebody's granny in a Tigers sweatshirt got on to me for harassing some card fans and I didn't even use a cuss word.
03-12-2005 05:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OKCTiger Offline
1st String

Gloating some after a big victory is okay. Fist pumps, number one sign, okay.

Why the slash your throat sign? What does this say about our society or may be just Louisville? I hope Garcia does not end up playing for the Grizz now.
03-12-2005 05:12 PM
JMSTiger Offline
Just More Stats

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

I thought I saw Tiger Twice throw something at Garcia. He was right in front of him. At that point I was hoping for a riot to break out.
03-12-2005 05:13 PM
Advertisement

tigersargh Offline
Banned

I Root For:

myles cussed our bench and/or the fans behind just after the game had started. and i don't respect anyone on the louisville team except o bannon. garcia is a whiner...he probably wet his pants in jubilation when dwash missed those shots because it would have been his head...i predict he'll bomb in the league...he just doesn't seem to be mentally tough enough for it at all
and oh, that ref should not have let garcia stand so close to dwash during those free throws...i'm not making excuses, but everyone else on the floor was back but garcia...he's such a punk.

tigersargh
03-12-2005 05:15 PM
tigerpikapp Offline
All American

i just hope that those a-hole 'ville fans are out of town by tonite, b/c 40 or so of my frat bros will be downtown doing a little bachelor partying for one of our "fallen". needless to say, there's not a one of them happy about today and with some alcohol and provoking, things could get interesting. proud of these tigers, showed true memphis spirit 'till the bitter end, we'll get 'em back someday, somehow. GO TIGERS!
03-12-2005 05:16 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

does anyone know why the red light in the backboard indicating 0.00 on the clocks remained lit for all three free throws?
03-12-2005 05:17 PM
missjtiger Offline
KOKO'S MOMMA/D.J.'S MOMS
Jersey Retired

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Crappies

OKCTiger Wrote:Did Garcia really jump up on the table and give the choke sign after DWash FT?

I have always admired Garcia as a player despite the fact he is a Cardinal but if this is true I have lost all respect for him as an athlete and person.
Things like this usually have a way of coming back on you two-fold. Not a very classy thing to do and he'll pay the price down the road I bet.
03-12-2005 05:18 PM
GSN1 Offline
All American

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S !!!

tigerjeb Wrote:does anyone know why the red light in the backboard indicating 0.00 on the clocks remained lit for all three free throws?
Good question--i will try to ask Cal on Monday night
03-12-2005 05:20 PM
Advertisement

ULCARDINALS Offline
1st String

I Root For:

missjtiger Wrote:
OKCTiger Wrote:Did Garcia really jump up on the table and give the choke sign after DWash FT? 

Things like this usually have a way of coming back on you two-fold. Not a very classy thing to do and he'll pay the price down the road I bet.
You mean like when Washington was pointing at our bench right after the foul was called?
03-12-2005 05:22 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

He did this to show what they will do in the NCAA tournament once again.
03-12-2005 05:24 PM

ULCARDINALS Wrote:You mean like when Washington was pointing at our bench right after the foul was called?
Finger pointing compared to throat slashing and cussing.

I surprised the ref didn't call a tech on D Wash for that.
03-12-2005 05:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
OKCTiger Offline
1st String

What a stupid point. Darius pointed! What does a finger across a throat mean to you? Tigers Woods has pointed on the golf course, no one is accussing him of being a thug. Now if he throat slashed at Mickleson what would you think?

Basically this is a sad commentary of the real world background some these kids. College basketball is a way for many to be relieved of this mindset but clearly not for certain programs.
03-12-2005 05:30 PM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

ULCARDINALS Wrote:
missjtiger Wrote:

You mean like when Washington was pointing at our bench right after the foul was called?
shall we pull up the comments from louisville fans 3 years ago when john grice gave freedom hall the ol throat slash?

you cant justify that kind of behavior. it is not worthy of what happened on that court today.
03-12-2005 05:32 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

:angel:

Kids do what kids do.

Class athletes would understand DWash's pain and give him a pat or a word.

Kids will point. Kids will thump theor chest. Kids will stay hyped.

Throat slashes and choking signs will also come from kids.

DWash is 19. Had the world on his shoulders.

Garcia is 25.

He escaped from his bad foul when the heroic kid missed.

DWash will always be heroic.

Garcia will always be a 25 year old playing a college game.
03-12-2005 05:34 PM
Quote this message in a reply
OKCTiger Offline
1st String

If I remember correctly, the UM community (Fans, radio, coaches and students) came down hard on Grice for his stupid actions. Coach Cal even addresses it in his post-game.
03-12-2005 05:36 PM

And did Grice not apologize?
03-12-2005 05:36 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

I missed the throat slash. It doesn't surprise me.

To be fair though, Garcia did go over and say something to Washington as he sat on the bench before the awards ceremony started. I thought that was classy at first, then as he was walking back, it looked as if he said something to the five guys wearing T-I-G-E-R-S shirts.

It was a great game. No one should lose those type games.
03-12-2005 05:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.