Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Lay it on
Bookmark and Share
Pork Chop Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I think I set a world record for saying , "Goddamnit" tonight. So I talked all this Crap on Ole Piss, its only fair that you give it back. So lets make this the official In your face, Pork Chop thread. Don't mistake this concession as an admission of superiority. I still have a strong disdain for a few people on this board, and tomorrow I becaome a big USF fan.

9ers; undefeated February, winless March. 03-puke

Notice how bad the officiating was? I'm not blaming the officiating on the outcome. It was an arse whoopin. Anyway, take great joy in 4BC's misery. We took great joy in yours.
03-11-2005 12:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RandyMc Offline
Reverend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Naaahhh.

We do not care enough about you to "lay it on".

Just go away..............we have other things going on.
03-11-2005 01:14 AM
Pork Chop Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Those other things include NIT(not in tournament)
03-11-2005 01:15 AM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

Pork Chop Wrote:Those other things include NIT(not in tournament)
maybe, maybe not :laugh: You seem ok Pork Chop, so tell me honestly......

Did that look like a NIT team that embarrassed your guys tonight?
03-11-2005 01:23 AM
Pork Chop Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Memphis has alot of good athletes, and they definately have the talent to be a NCAA team. However, a poor NonCon season will probably keep that from happening.
Charlotte and Saint Louis have both won a C-USA tourney without earning a first round bye, so it is possible for Memphis to do it. USF suddenly learned how to ball, and Louisville is a tough out. We all know that a tournament championship what Memphis needs to go dancing. An at-large is out of the question.

On the game, get a damned rebound! Ugh!

So Bambu, your steal your face logo has a stain on it. Even on my nicer posts I can't stop talking sheet.
03-11-2005 01:33 AM
Advertisement

Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

Pork Chop Wrote:So Bambu, your steal your face logo has a stain on it. Even on my nicer posts I can't stop talking sheet.
you get a pass on that one for just knowing what the logo was called 04-rock
03-11-2005 01:55 AM
Original Sabretooth Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Mempho

Pork Chop Wrote:Memphis has alot of good athletes, and they definately have the talent to be a NCAA team.  However, a poor NonCon season will probably keep that from happening. 
Our non-conference was brutal... Syracuse, Pitt, Texas, Maryland, Purdue, St. Mary's, Providence, Ole Miss. Granted some of those teams had off-years, but there is no way to know that prior.
03-11-2005 07:56 AM
memphomike Offline
Heisman

bottom line: memphis is better than charl.
sorry guys but u got it handed to u just
the way we all said u would.
03-11-2005 08:41 AM
49erFan1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Hopefully we'll have a 3rd game on a neutral court to prove once and for all who's best.

Right now the series is tied.
03-11-2005 08:43 AM
Advertisement

tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers

Man please. :rofl:
03-11-2005 08:45 AM
memphomike Offline
Heisman

whatever... u get all the calls in the 1st
game and win by 3. the second game
the fouls are even and we beat u like
your an a-10 team.....

as usual u guys run off at the mouth all
season. u guys get a bunch of wins every
yr against nobody. ur out of conf sched is
a joke. then march comes and when u play
good teams cant show up.

could u guys at least win 1 game this
yr in ncaa?
03-11-2005 08:48 AM
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

Pork Chop Wrote:Those other things include NIT(not in tournament)
So you let a sorry a$$ NIT bound bunch of ham and eggers just totally dominate you............................

Wow!

:laugh:

You guys are such a joke.........again, Go Away Kid, You're Bothering Me....... :rofl:
03-11-2005 01:57 PM
Pork Chop Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

memphomike Wrote:whatever... u get all the calls in the 1st
your an a-10 team.....

good teams cant show up.

yr in ncaa?
I've reviewed the first game, neither team got jobbed in the first game. The out of bounds call was poor. Besides that, it was evenly bad. There were charges that should've been blocks and vice versa. Blaming the refs for the loss at Halton Arena is just asinine(sp?).

Now, not that it would've changed the outcome, the refs totally were Memphis biased last night. Notice how I said it did not change the outcome. I'm not saying the refs are cheaters like some of you would, but it had to be in the back of their minds that Memphis advancing in the tournament is good for the conference. Also, a fairly called game means that Cal is all over the presses just bitching and whining and sending tapes to the conference office. Its a good strategy to intimidate the officials, but can often backfire.

Below are some examples of poor calls:
1st half. The score at the buzzer should not count. The only time a basket counts during a charge is if the ball goes through the cylinder before the contact happens.
Also those two carrying calls were some home cooking. Refs could call carrying on every single dribble.
Plavich was knocked to the ground during two consecutive 3 point attempts. No call.
Two charging calls in a row on the 9ers during Memphis' 2nd half run, where the defender was no where near being set. Also during the same run, a Memphis defender grabbed a rebound and stepped out of bounds--no call. On the ensuing Memphis possession, an obvious travelling call was missed a couple seconds before contact sent a Tigger to the line.

The refs called the game pretty well during the 1st half. During the second half, it was the third worst stretch of college officiating I've ever seen. The refs straightened up after the tech.

Message for the mods: Funny how you let Tiger supporters talk smack in the regular forum, but not any visitors. 9er fans were banned for having screen names like "7BT." Funny how you let phototiger still post in the regular forum after he published the address of an official. What is also sophmoric is the changing of phrases like Charlotte and Crap on Ole Piss.

These are my opinions. I am obviously 9er biased, so you guys will read this and think I'm crazy. The vast majority of posters on this board seem to be swell people, and I wish all of you good health and prosperity--even the Aholes. However, I will always cheer for whichever team the Tigers are playing against, and will never be convinced that Calapari or Hunt are decent human beings.
03-11-2005 07:51 PM
Advertisement

egrizzard Offline
What?

I Root For: Memphis!!!

Dude--leave jeremy 'for real" Hunt alone. You were not there, you do not know what happened.

Charl has a good team--but I still think we got "jobbed" in that game up there. Either way--good luck in the tourney. I hope ya'll actually do O.k., unless you meet a ncusa team.
03-11-2005 08:12 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Pork Chop Wrote:
your an a-10 team.....

good teams cant show up.

yr in ncaa?
I've reviewed the first game, neither team got jobbed in the first game. The out of bounds call was poor. Besides that, it was evenly bad. There were charges that should've been blocks and vice versa. Blaming the refs for the loss at Halton Arena is just asinine(sp?).

Now, not that it would've changed the outcome, the refs totally were Memphis biased last night. Notice how I said it did not change the outcome. I'm not saying the refs are cheaters like some of you would, but it had to be in the back of their minds that Memphis advancing in the tournament is good for the conference. Also, a fairly called game means that Cal is all over the presses just bitching and whining and sending tapes to the conference office. Its a good strategy to intimidate the officials, but can often backfire.

1st half. The score at the buzzer should not count. The only time a basket counts during a charge is if the ball goes through the cylinder before the contact happens.
Also those two carrying calls were some home cooking. Refs could call carrying on every single dribble.
Plavich was knocked to the ground during two consecutive 3 point attempts. No call.
Two charging calls in a row on the 9ers during Memphis' 2nd half run, where the defender was no where near being set. Also during the same run, a Memphis defender grabbed a rebound and stepped out of bounds--no call. On the ensuing Memphis possession, an obvious travelling call was missed a couple seconds before contact sent a Tigger to the line.

The refs called the game pretty well during the 1st half. During the second half, it was the third worst stretch of college officiating I've ever seen. The refs straightened up after the tech.

Message for the mods: Funny how you let Tiger supporters talk smack in the regular forum, but not any visitors. 9er fans were banned for having screen names like "7BT." Funny how you let phototiger still post in the regular forum after he published the address of an official. What is also sophmoric is the changing of phrases like Charlotte and Crap on Ole Piss.

These are my opinions. I am obviously 9er biased, so you guys will read this and think I'm crazy. The vast majority of posters on this board seem to be swell people, and I wish all of you good health and prosperity--even the Aholes. However, I will always cheer for whichever team the Tigers are playing against, and will never be convinced that Calapari or Hunt are decent human beings.
:rofl:

You, my anal friend, have issues.

Charlette had a better season.

Memphis is a better team.

And spin it all you want anal.

The game in Charlette was mishandled by the refs and the mishandling did affect the outcome.

Think Florida/Fl.State football 2003. The ACC referee debacle game.

It happens.

Anal.
03-11-2005 10:44 PM
Quote this message in a reply
RandyMc Offline
Reverend

Pork Chop Wrote:These are my opinions.
No matter how stupid they may be......................

Listen Nightstick............from your very first post over here, you have done nothing but trying to provoke. Save your sanctimony for the A-10 and John Chaney................we are doing other things and we do not care about your opinion.
03-12-2005 12:13 AM
whopperman Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Pork Chop Wrote:
your an a-10 team.....

good teams cant show up.

yr in ncaa?

1) I only remember one carrying violation off-hand, and it was too obvious to let it go. If your hand is at 5:00 on the ball, you've gone too far. But I agree, you could call carrying on any dribble.

2) No, the basket counts if the ball is released before contact. Really, you should only shoot free throws if the ball was through the cylinder (and, therefore, not a team-control foul). Besides, the defender slid a good three feet after Washington was in the air to even get in front of him. It should have been a blocking foul.

3) Plavich was about 2/3 of the way falling down on his own on most of his shots. He doesn't square up and shoot. If you're already falling down with no contact, the refs aren't likely to bail you out for a miss. (Whether it should have been a foul or not, it's reality)
03-12-2005 01:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.