Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tiger Fan Scott
Bookmark and Share
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

Wasn't it Tiger Fan Scott who ran home with his ball a few months ago predicting that it would be impossible for us to get along without him and his vast knowledge of "inside" information?

I never got into with him, but some folks on this board did and he finally had enough and declared that he was leaving and that this board would be the worst for it.

We seem to be doing fine to me.
07-01-2004 08:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tiger_Backer Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Scott has been busy, and doing a great job, as this year's President of Highland Hundred. Dealing with this much pre season excitement in Football is definately new territory.
07-01-2004 08:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Tiger_Backer Wrote:Scott has been busy, and doing a great job, as this year's President of Highland Hundred. Dealing with this much pre season excitement in Football is definately new territory.
God help us.
07-01-2004 08:47 AM
NTMB Offline
No quarter asked and none given.

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Donators

3601 Wrote:
Tiger_Backer Wrote:Scott has been busy, and doing a great job, as this year's President of Highland Hundred.  Dealing with this much pre season excitement in Football is definately new territory.
God help us.
So in what capacity, exactly do YOU serve the University and/or its fans/alumni/students?
07-01-2004 08:50 AM
btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators

Doing "fine" and doing "great" are two different things. This board hasn't been the same since he left. We no longer get his perspectives and opinions on Tiger issues. His inside knowledge and willingness to share it with us is sorely missed. No one has stepped up to fill the void caused by his absence. The quality of information has definitely gone down since his departure. I hope that those of you responsible will think about this before you run off other insiders.
07-01-2004 08:53 AM
NTMB Offline

Donators

btiger Wrote:Doing "fine" and doing "great" are two different things.  This board hasn't been the same since he left.  We no longer get his perspectives and opinions on Tiger issues.  His inside knowledge and willingness to share it with us is sorely missed.  No one has stepped up to fill the void caused by his absence.  The quality of information has definitely gone down since his departure.  I hope that those of you responsible will think about this before you run off other insiders.
You are SOOO wrong for that. :chair:
07-01-2004 08:54 AM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
Tiger_Backer Wrote:Scott has been busy, and doing a great job, as this year's President of Highland Hundred.  Dealing with this much pre season excitement in Football is definately new territory.
God help us.
So in what capacity, exactly do YOU serve the University and/or its fans/alumni/students?
I really don't think that you know what you are talking about Mr. Johnny Come Lately. I find you sudden interest in Tiger athletics very curious. However, to answer you question...

1. I was born and raised in Memphis and have been a Tiger fan my entire life, not just the last few months.
2. I have two degrees from The University of Memphis
3. I've had season football and basketball tickets since I graduated from the University.
4. I'm a member of the Striped Tiger Clubs.
5. I encourage all of my friends to join the Tiger Clubs and to purchase season tickets.

I've heard stories about this president and I've seen first hand how he's acted on this message board. That's the main reason that I wouldn't join the Highland Hundred.
07-01-2004 08:58 AM
NTMB Offline

Donators

3601 Wrote:
Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
God help us.
I really don't think that you know what you are talking about Mr. Johnny Come Lately. I find you sudden interest in Tiger athletics very curious. However, to answer you question...

1. I was born and raised in Memphis and have been a Tiger fan my entire life, not just the last few months.
3. I've had season football and basketball tickets since I graduated from the University.
5. I encourage all of my friends to join the Tiger Clubs and to purchase season tickets.

I've heard stories about this president and I've seen first hand how he's acted on this message board. That's the main reason that I wouldn't join the Highland Hundred.
Oh I see.
So when I get my degree from UM and start using my wallet to contribute to the program, I can then bash at will on anyone I deem unworthy?

Cool!!! 04-rock

On second thought, no....
I'll just stick to my silly lil ole season tix and attending as many gatherings of "regular joe" Tiger fans as possible and trying to find the good in all things Blue n Gray.

But you keep up the good work in the bashing dept. :rolleyes:
07-01-2004 09:07 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
God help us.

Oh I see.
So when I get my degree from UM and start using my wallet to contribute to the program, I can then bash at will on anyone I deem unworthy?

Cool!!! 04-rock

I'll just stick to my silly lil ole season tix and attending as many gatherings of "regular joe" Tiger fans as possible and trying to find the good in all things Blue n Gray.

You're the one who asked how I serve the Univesity as if not being in the Highland Hundred makes you a lesser fan.

You don't have to wait until you graduate. Feel free to immediately bash whomever you feel is unworthy.

I believe that the regular ol' fan is the backbone of the Tiger fanbase. I consider myself a regular ol' fan. I'm not a member of the Rebounders or the Highland Hundred. I scrape up enought money to join the Tiger Clubs mainly so that I can get good basketball tickets and get an Armory parking pass. Me and my friends have been tailgating in the same spot in the Armory lot for about 13 years.

You really shouldn't butt in when you don't know exactly what someone is talking about. If you were posting on this board last year you would know what I'm talking about. I didn't run him off, but he acted as if this message board would implode without him informing the ignorant.
07-01-2004 09:18 AM
Gray Avenger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS

Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
God help us.

Oh I see.

Cool!!! 04-rock

[QUOTE]

"United we stand and divided we fall" are wise words which we would do well to heed. I urge you all to put aside past differences and work together for the betterment of our university and the glory of our beloved Blue & Gray. In order to reach our goals of winning national championships and becoming renowned as one of the nation's foremost urban research universities we need all the support we can possibly muster. Let's put our differences aside - we are TIGERS, aren't we (except for the cursed trolls)? I have personally met both TigerFanScott and 3601 and know them both to be first-class Tiger fans - I hope Scott comes back to this messageboard one of these days, because he does add a lot. It is also true that he has a a high temper like many of us (not an altogether bad trait, in my opinion). It is time to bury the hatchet, boys.
07-01-2004 09:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame

Quote:I've heard stories about this president and I've seen first hand how he's acted on this message board. That's the main reason that I wouldn't join the Highland Hundred.

dont let a personal issue get in the way of the big picture. the highland hundred is much more than one person. building this thing is going to take all of us doing everything we can. find a person you like that is an HH member and let them be the reason you join.
07-01-2004 09:29 AM
Advertisement

btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators

Gray Avenger Wrote:
Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:[quote="Tiger_Backer"] Scott has been busy, and doing a great job, as this year's President of Highland Hundred.  Dealing with this much pre season excitement in Football is definately new territory.
God help us.

Oh I see.

Cool!!! 04-rock

Quote:"United we stand and divided we fall" are wise words which we would do well to heed. I urge you all to put aside past differences and work together for the betterment of our university and the glory of our beloved Blue & Gray. In order to reach our goals of winning national championships and becoming renowned as one of the foremost urban research universities we need all the support we can possibly muster. Let's put our differences aside - we are TIGERS, aren't we (except for the cursed trolls)? I have personally met both TigerFanScott and 3601 and know them both to be first-class Tiger fans - I hope Scott comes back to this messageboard one of these days, because he does add a lot. It is also true that he has a a high temper like many of us (not an altogether bad trait, in my opinion). It is time to bury the hatchet, boys.
Scott never dropped any F-Bombs on this board, either......it's a crying shame that the GA can't follow that rule of civility.
07-01-2004 09:30 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

Ironic, but I was just thinking of TFS yesterday.

I remember the fiery posts going back and forth. I don't remember who was involved nor do I care, but I think it's a shame that he left.

We talk about how heated the board has been lately due to political discussions. Well, the situation with TFS had nothing to do with politics.

Maybe before we gripe about the animosity that heats up during political threads we should make sure we're not guilty of the same thing in the non-political sports relateds threads.

TFS, if you're lurking there are several of us who appreciated your input and would like to have more. Regardless, though, keep up the good work with the HH.
07-01-2004 09:30 AM
TIGER7880 Offline
Wahoowa Mourning Society

I Root For: Free Beer

I think you guys did a good job in running off TFS. I would appreciate the same type effort on CapCityTiger, JT, Wahoowa, and TigerTwice. Then I can focus all my time on the GA's posts.
07-01-2004 09:39 AM
NTMB Offline

Donators

Quote:I really don't think that you know what you are talking about Mr. Johnny Come Lately. I find you sudden interest in Tiger athletics very curious.

"MR. Johnny Come Lately".....that's cute.

You make that up all by yourself?

Must've majored in "Witty Retorts....How to Handle the Ignorant Masses" huh?

OBTW.....asking a question does NOT equate to "talking about" that subject.....in case you really wanna know. 03-wink

As to my "sudden" interest...

I "suddenly" became a fan when I "suddenly" moved here about 7 months ago and my girlfriend "suddenly" took me to my first Memphis basketball game and I "suddenly" saw Memphis Athletics for the first time.....how arrogant of me to think I could "suddenly" become a fan....just like that.

Tell you what.....I'll submit to your obvious dominion over me and the countless other uneducated of this region, evidenced by your two degrees and numerous unselfish acts of giving to the University, its fans etc....and start painting Ole Miss and UT pictures. 03-puke
Maybe after about 10 years of living INSIDE the City Limits of Memphis, I will be deemed worthy to cheer for the Tigers.....now to find somewhere to live INSIDE the City Limits....afterall, us "Outsiders" aren't welcome, right?

04-bow "We're not worthy."

Go......(whoever will have my uneducated, unworthy butt.)

OK...you may now return to your regularly scheduled bashing. :rolleyes:
07-01-2004 09:41 AM
TigerTwice Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis

TIGER7880 Wrote:I think you guys did a good job in running off TFS. I would appreciate the same type effort on CapCityTiger, JT, Wahoowa, and TigerTwice. Then I can focus all my time on the GA's posts.
That's it, I'm outta here. I've put up with abuse from you, CrapCity, and "I like it in the Wahoowa" for way too long. I'm through with this board. I doubt this board will last a week without my keen insights and unparalled repartee.

I'm leaving to start a new football booster club for the new era in Tiger football, because the Highland Hundred has long been associated with a losing football team. Anyone interested in joining the "Southern Ave." Seven can PM me for details. Membership is $700 and is open to anyone except MUS alumni.
07-01-2004 09:56 AM
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

New:

I welcome with you as a Tiger fan with open arms. You have great timing. I hope that you can be as zealous about the Tigers when things aren't so peachy keen.

Just remember, I've got my eye on you Focker!
07-01-2004 10:15 AM
NTMB Offline

Donators

3601 Wrote:New:

I welcome with you as a Tiger fan with open arms. You have great timing. I hope that you can be as zealous about the Tigers when things aren't so peachy keen.

Just remember, I've got my eye on you Focker!
OK...I know I'm gonna get bashed for this, but here goes....

I stayed true to BAMA through all the crap, I think I can handle losing to Southern Miss or Marshall.....not that we will anytime soon, mind you but if it ever DOES happen again. 04-cheers
07-01-2004 10:17 AM
Chi-Town Offline
Perpetually Optimistic

3601 Wrote:
Newtomemphisblue Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
God help us.

Don't mean to wade in and appear inflammatory, however, I believe NTMB's question was how do you SERVE the university etc., etc., etc., not how high your own opinion of yourself as a fan is. We all have our stories of many yrs of season tickets, familial loyalty going back generations, club donations, et al, yet how many of us do all that we can beyond just paying for entertainment that supports and/or "serves" the university's interests. I for one can tell you, I could do more.

This post is not directed solely at you 3601, but my perception was that NTMB's initial point/question was lost in the chest thumping.

NTMB, I don't give a rat's arse that you were "converted" recently. You are no less or more welcome than anyone else here. We support the Tigers....you support the Tigers....'nuff said.

BTW, insinuating the HH is some elitist group of old cronies that presents itself as exclusionary just truly shows the ignorance that proliferates from your lack of intelligence/experience in this regard. I am a proud member, and have met some of my best Tiger friends through the HH (and most of them appear to be normal-well 'cept for Backer). I also think that TFS is doing a superb job, and has placed some key people in just the right places on the Board.
07-01-2004 10:39 AM
oldtiger Away
Forgiven Through Jesus' Grace

I Root For: Memphis

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardMemphis Hall of Fame

New, I understand your frustration, but relax. We welcome you here. Some people on all message boards have a differing view of what a fan should be. Enjoy the great years we are having and keep the faith in years where wins don't come as often and easy.

I've been passionate about the Tiger football and basketball since the early 60's and some on here occasionally refer to me as a "fan"......40 years of cheering, umpteen 1,2,3, and 4 win seasons, 2 final fours, and some think that I still haven't got it right. I am a fan because I love the Tigers. I enjoy the information that we can share with each other on this board, but with a few exceptions don't seek approval from its members.

...and TFS was able to share insights on this board - it's too bad we no longer have that resource.
07-01-2004 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.