Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congrats...
Bookmark and Share
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

You guys spanked us in the 2nd half. Although the chants/cheers were weak at best, you guys really hammered us.

See you at Cameron...
01-18-2003 03:12 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Peoples Champion Offline
1st String

I Root For:

This game isn't over yet, Nate...
01-18-2003 03:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

The Peoples Champion Wrote:This game isn't over yet, Nate...
Oh, it was "over" a long, long time ago.

Once MD got our 6 pt halftime lead back to a tie, it was over then. I told myself at halftime that we HAD to keep that lead or we would lose bigtime.
01-18-2003 03:44 PM
kevingrt
Unregistered

It was over from the 2nd half spurt on. I can't wait till we go to Cameron and stick it to you guys again!
01-18-2003 03:45 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

kevingrt Wrote:I can't wait till we go to Cameron and stick it to you guys again!
We'll see...
01-18-2003 03:50 PM
1st String

I Root For:

my guess is that the crazies will be brutal this year... i hope that blake develops thick skin.
01-18-2003 04:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

The Peoples Champion Wrote:my guess is that the crazies will be brutal this year... i hope that blake develops thick skin.
They won't be brutal, just the norm. Don't expect to win, though... we will be very, very pumped for the game.
01-18-2003 04:24 PM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

nate jonesacc Wrote:Although the chants/cheers were weak at best
:rolleyes:

should have been there dookie, you would be singing a different tune...

a class post nontheless though...

i look forward to 02/19/03
01-18-2003 05:02 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

I said the chants were weak at best. To tell you the truth, I was worried that you guys would pull some of the vintage Crazies chants. When all that happened was "no means no" once and "******", I was SHOCKED.

It was very loud though, I have to give that to you.

What was the "big thing" you were gonna do? and I didn't see anyone in Duke blue and a black mask, where were you?
01-18-2003 05:55 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

kevingrt Wrote:It was over from the 2nd half spurt on. I can't wait till we go to Cameron and stick it to you guys again!
Just thought I'd remind you of that last part... 03-wink :D
02-19-2003 11:19 PM
Jenibu
Unregistered

Well, to look at it in another way, you guys couldn't even hang with us during the 2nd half at Comcast, while we almost beat you on your home floor. Again.

(yeah, I know, the key word is almost)

Thus, Maryland is the better team. :D

We better meet in the ACC Tourney....
02-19-2003 11:31 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Could the same logic be applied last year?

Duke won by 21. MD won by 14.
02-19-2003 11:45 PM
Jenibu
Unregistered

Sure, but MD was still the better team. 03-razz I'm trying to be optimistic here.

All 4 of the past games have been pretty different...

...MD's win this year & Duke's last year followed the pattern of close 1st half, respective routing in the 2nd

...MD's win last year was pretty much a completely dominated game

...Duke's win this year was a close one in its entirety
02-20-2003 12:41 AM
Coach Doh
Unregistered

...Duke's win this year was a close one in its entirety

Considering Maryland had 5 seniors on the court during most of the game and at the end. Duke is playing a bunch of underclassmen and they held the Terps to 39%, blocked 15 shots and out rebounded a more experienced team what do you expect?
If Senior Blake hadn't had one of his better games of his career it would not have been pretty.
See you at tourney time!

doh
02-20-2003 06:51 AM
DamascusTerp2
Unregistered

Coach Doh Wrote:If Senior Blake hadn't had one of his better games of his career it would not have been pretty.
um..you could say the same thing for shelden's game last night...what's your point?
02-20-2003 02:31 PM
cant_think_of_a_witty_nam
Unregistered

If Corliss Williamson hadn't been such a beast at Arkansas, the Hogs would've have made back to back NC appearances. 03-wink
02-20-2003 02:46 PM
Advertisement

Coach Doh
Unregistered

DamascusTerp2 Wrote:
Coach Doh Wrote:If  Senior Blake hadn't had one of his better games of his career it would not have been pretty.
um..you could say the same thing for shelden's game last night...what's your point?
I admit it's hard for our freshmen to beat your seniors.

doh
02-20-2003 04:40 PM
1st String

I Root For:

Last I checked, Thugtay is a senior, and he won the game for you. What is your point?
02-20-2003 05:34 PM
Coach Doh
Unregistered

The Peoples Champion Wrote:Last I checked, Thugtay is a senior, and he won the game for you. What is your point?
Last I checked Md. had 5 seniors (defending national champs) on the court last night when the final whistle blew. Duke had 1 senior out there. Five seniors is more than one senior. Do I need to draw you a picture? That's my point.

Duke won, that's all that matters

doh

:bang:
02-20-2003 07:11 PM
1st String

I Root For:

Coach Doh Wrote:
The Peoples Champion Wrote:Last I checked, Thugtay is a senior, and he won the game for you. What is your point?
Last I checked Md. had 5 seniors (defending national champs) on the court last night when the final whistle blew. Duke had 1 senior out there. Five seniors is more than one senior. Do I need to draw you a picture? That's my point.

Duke won, that's all that matters

doh

:bang:
I guess that's what happens when you have 4 McD all americans playing, along with a fifth that should have been one, if not for the "unplesantness" that cursed ohio girl caused... :rolleyes:

Any ACC fan worth their salt would say that Duke is nearly unstoppable at home, so don't go talking trash because you beat maryland by 5 at Cameron.

Besides that, outside of blake, most of these seniors are playing as starters for the first time this year, outside of bliz-ake. Considering, i'm very pleased with their performances against duke.

I really wish you would examine both sides of the story, before you go provoking people.

I will agree with you on one thing: all that matters is that duke won this match. The ACC champion will come down to which team (Wake, Duke, or UMD) messes up first.
02-20-2003 07:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.