Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

we got franks for 3 more yrs
dem devilz is off tha hoo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

the devils will make some noise this year. time to see what cf is made of.
12-14-2002 02:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JoltinJacket
Unregistered

dem devilz is off tha hook! Wrote:the devils will make some noise this year.
I thought I heard someone rummaging around in the basement... :laugh:

BTW, welcome aboard. Always good to see new ACC members joining. 04-cheers

<!--EDIT|JoltinJacket|Dec 14 2002, 02:32 PM-->
12-14-2002 02:26 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Water Engineer

I Root For:

JoltinJacket Wrote:
dem devilz is off tha hook! Wrote:the devils will make some noise this year.
I thought I heard someone rummaging around in the basement... :laugh:
kinda like g'tech when they start playing real teams
12-14-2002 03:18 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

At best Duke only beats Tech at Cameron this year. Bank on it. Atlanta will not be hospitable.
12-14-2002 03:31 PM
Water Engineer

I Root For:

:laugh: whats it been? about 15 years since you beat us? bosh is the only tech player that could even get p.t. at duke. our boys will wipe the floor with the techies.
12-14-2002 03:57 PM
georgia_tech_swagger
Unregistered

dem devilz is off tha hook! Wrote:bosh is the only tech player that could even get p.t. at duke.
You need to put down the drugs. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

We'll see how good Dook is.... the ACC is much tougher than Davidson, and Tech can easily run the same game Davidson did with dribble penetration from Elder and those money hook shots from the 7 foot Aussie named Schenscher.
12-14-2002 04:22 PM
Advertisement

Water Engineer

I Root For:

we were distracted against davidson. plus we got a ton of rotten calls by the refs that helped them hang around. our 2nd string could beat them and most folks on a normal day. since then we pasted Illinois and UCLA. our team is on a serious roll that only a few teams might stop. GT might beat us but not your GT. im talking about GeorgeTown.
12-14-2002 06:04 PM
SSJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Yes, georgetown does have a chance at winning

But so does Georgia Tech -- those kids are good, and the season is still young.
12-14-2002 09:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
emme3334
Unregistered

uhmm...have you even looked at GT this season? we happen to be on a serious roll too and i think it can only get better. a young team is already making some serious noise 5 games into the season. they can only mature and get better from here. amc will not be kind to dook this year. the cameron crazies are going to get some competition from the swarm. we'll see come january.
12-14-2002 11:58 PM
Sarah
Unregistered

sigh.... guys please-- just move along-- sometimes we dont raise our Dukies up right.... (off the hook-- PLEASE go look up the word "class" in the dictionary before you have us all eating crow this season!) btw... how old are you?
12-15-2002 10:59 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Let's use some <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>GTS LOGIC!</span>

If the Davidson-Duke game is what one should compare the whole season to... then why don't we compare Minnesota (who beat GT) against <span style='color:blue'>the mighty powerhouse of Arkansas Little Rock</span> :eek: :eek:

UofMinn beats GT by 1
UofMinn beats AULR by 2

So, now GT and ARKANSAS LITTLE ROCK are only <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>1 point different</span> ?

Which way is it, Mr. GTS?
12-15-2002 04:36 PM
Advertisement

Deep Blue
Unregistered

Let's keep this about Duke football, not GT basketball. Interesting post on thedevilsden, it's interesting how all the longtime fans who have been following Duke football for 50 years want Franks gone, along with all the former and current players, while the only idiots who are required to say that Franks should get a chance are the ones who are related to the coaches or know them personally and rely on them for inside info in order to run their website:

"duke63
Walk-On

Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 7:18 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow. Will Duke never learn. First Butters extends the contract of Goldsmith and then terminates him costing us $1 million. Now Alleva decides to add three years to Franks who has really overachieved a 5-40 record. I have fielded over 15 calls at my home from season ticket holders who are aghast over this latest fiasco. Alleva is betting the ship, or his job, on Franks going to a bowl next year. Does he realize that Nan will soon be stepping down as Duke President after the big fund raising drive is over for bigger things? Then a new President could well decide it is time for a massive change in athletics, mening ad and football coach. To say that the extension is for recruiting purposes is demeaning to recruits and also to fans. To fans you say. I would be willing to bet the ranch that season ticket sales will be at an all-time low for next season because out of the 15 calls, 28 tickets will not be renewed, and 12 will be bought in the end zone so these folks will be guaranteed their Iron Duke parking when the University decides to get serious about football. And just think if Ace Parker had been named football coach instead of Tom Harp in the 60's, we wouldn't be talking about winning a single ACC game in 4years. And remember that verbal committments mean nothing until signing day. The same coaching staff and basically the same team against the same ACC coaches and even better recruits everywhere. Keep dreaming. Did he get a raise? Probably as who else could get an extension but a friend who wins only 5 games in 4 years. Call me disgusted. "
12-15-2002 06:36 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Deep Throat,

Keep dreaming. Grobe will be there in three years!
12-16-2002 09:20 AM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

I don't think Duke could hire Grobe from Alabama or wherever in 3 years, but should already have a great coach and AD by then. It is amusing to watch Franks and Alleva screw up but I think most at Duke think it is beneath them to even acknowledge that Duke plays sports. I hope Grobe stays at Wake as long as Franks is at Duke, Wake is so hard to recruit for that only a coach like Grobe can keep Carl's 25 game ACC streak alive. There are lots of other candidates for Duke head coach with better than .500 records, Urban Meyer of Utah and Bowling Green, Charlie Taafe of UMD, USC's Norm Chow, Erickson of Oregon State, Dennis Green, even east coast legend Parcells was reportedly turned down by Alabama and interested in 2-10 Stanford.
12-16-2002 05:12 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Deep Blue Wrote:I don't think Duke could hire Grobe from Alabama or wherever in 3 years, but should already have a great coach and AD by then. It is amusing to watch Franks and Alleva screw up but I think most at Duke think it is beneath them to even acknowledge that Duke plays sports. I hope Grobe stays at Wake as long as Franks is at Duke, Wake is so hard to recruit for that only a coach like Grobe can keep Carl's 25 game ACC streak alive. There are lots of other candidates for Duke head coach with better than .500 records, Urban Meyer of Utah and Bowling Green, Charlie Taafe of UMD, USC's Norm Chow, Erickson of Oregon State, Dennis Green, even east coast legend Parcells was reportedly turned down by Alabama and interested in 2-10 Stanford.
Oh, I forgot. Ron Wellman will be there by then and he will bring Spurrier back and dominate the league just long enough to make the transition to The Atlantic League. Right?
12-17-2002 09:19 AM
JD Heel
Unregistered

dem devilz is off tha hook! Wrote:since then we pasted Illinois and UCLA.
Illinois? Keep dreaming -- I think you meant to say that you pasted a lousy Michigan team instead of an undefeated Illinois team.

-JD
12-17-2002 09:40 AM
Advertisement

Water Engineer

I Root For:

Deep Blue Wrote:I don't think Duke could hire Grobe from Alabama or wherever in 3 years, but should already have a great coach and AD by then. It is amusing to watch Franks and Alleva screw up but I think most at Duke think it is beneath them to even acknowledge that Duke plays sports. I hope Grobe stays at Wake as long as Franks is at Duke, Wake is so hard to recruit for that only a coach like Grobe can keep Carl's 25 game ACC streak alive. There are lots of other candidates for Duke head coach with better than .500 records, Urban Meyer of Utah and Bowling Green, Charlie Taafe of UMD, USC's Norm Chow, Erickson of Oregon State, Dennis Green, even east coast legend Parcells was reportedly turned down by Alabama and interested in 2-10 Stanford.
so much for that bro. mike price is a bama now. no way we get grobe from another team in the league.
12-17-2002 10:38 PM
Duke Alum Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Duke could hire any coach from Wake, and should definitely consider it for field hockey and baseball. Grobe was interested in the Baylor job which is worse than even Duke. Duke is similar to Stanford and Northwestern, and each have won multiple conference titles in just the last few years while playing in tougher conferences. Duke is also very similar to Notre Dame, the most dominant football program ever. Too bad Grobe slaughtered Oregon, his stock went up even more. What about Prosser, he's done a great job at Xavier and Wake, and he can clearly recruit as well as coach. How long before Prosser is hired by a program like UCLA or Penn State, could he one day be a candidate to replace K? Urban Meyer, Jim Grobe, Dennis Green, Doug Williams, Norm Chow, Charlie Taafe, who else should be on the short list to replace Franks, does Alleva even have such a list like every other AD in America?
01-12-2003 05:06 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Okay smart guy, tell me this. If Duke could hire any coach away from Wake, what is stopping them? Why not just make some kind of package offer for Wellman, Grobe, Greer, and Averill? I'm sure they would be great non-racist members of the Duke community. Oh yeah, you could include Maya Angelou.
01-13-2003 02:41 PM
Duke Alum Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That's easy, Alleva is AD at Duke and picked Franks and the baseball coach, good friends of his that he knew when they were assistants at Duke. That's why Duke needs a new AD.
01-13-2003 07:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.