Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

why recruit SheWill, Dockery, Ousmane?
Deep Blue
Unregistered

If K is going to recruit ineligible players who want to go pro right out of HS like Ousmane Cisse, accused gang rapists with questionable academics like Shelden Williams, and ineligible morons like Dockery, shouldn't it be because there aren't tons of other smarter more talented superstars at those positions that are lining up to go to Duke? Why is it so important to K to have so many players with questionable ethics, talent, academics, who want to drop out to go pro as soon as possible with no regard for Duke or graduating?

Why did K recruit Ousmane Cisse, who had terrible academics, would have been ineligible because of all kinds of shady dealings, and had a horrible controlling money hungry guardian, and went pro right out of HS and never had any regard for education? K chose to spend all his time offering and recruiting ineligible Ousmane, and totally ignored smart and talented David Harrison, who had offers from UNC, Vanderbilt, Colorado, and yet wanted to go to Duke which didn't offer him. Harrison is averaging 19 ppg, 12 rpg, and 5.4 bpg as a soph at Colorado, and dominated as their leading scorer as a freshman. Emeka Okafor, another smart sophomore superstar, is dominating at UCONN with 19 ppg, 14 rpg, 6 bpg, again ignored by K.

Dockery went to the worst public school in Chicago according to local writers yet had a paltry 2.3 GPA and 15 ACT. He also got destroyed by much smarter, more talented players that K never recruited, Ray Felton who is a star for UNC and killed Dockery 14 to zero, Gerry McNamara outscored Dockery 24 to 4 and is averaging 13.5 ppg, 4.5 apg, with 3:1 assists to turnovers, 2.2 steals, and over 40% on treys as a Syracuse freshman, even UMD's Gilchrist who had over 3.0 GPA is far superior with 6:1 assists to turnovers and hitting 2/3 of FGs and treys.

Why was accused gang rapist Shelden Williams with questionable academics recruited over national HS player of the year Torin Francis, who really wanted to go to Duke and was a great student as well?:

"dukedevilz
Recruit

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:53 pm Post subject: Torin Francis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did Duke offer Torin a scholarship? this guy is a beast... he tore Maryland and Texas apart, totaling: 41 points, 18 rebounds and 11 blocks.

John
TDD

Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duke11 wrote:
He is a great player.
I think unc wanted him though, not Duke.

Actually...he wanted Duke very badly. Check your PM...
12-09-2002 12:07 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Peoples Champion Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Stop crying over spilled milk, Deep Blue, everyone here is getting tired of it.
12-09-2002 12:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Deep Blue
Unregistered

Spilled milk? Aren't we supposed to be talking about sports or basketball here? This is breaking news about Torin Francis and other players Duke turned down that other Duke boards are talking about, do you have a problem with that as well and why exactly? What do you mean everyone? I haven't seen anyone bothered by it here except 14 year old Nate whom others describe as some sort of "dookbot". Aren't you a Maryland fan? Am I the only one posting here? Aren't the moderators supposed to promote the board and increase the posts, how is that being done?
12-09-2002 12:47 AM
1st String

I Root For:

Blue Devil/Deep Blue:

Check your PMs.
12-09-2002 02:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
1st String

I Root For:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Gilchrist wasn't exactly going to Harvard with his grades.

<a href='http://www.highmajorhoops.com/news_aug00.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.highmajorhoops.com/news_aug00.htm</a>

"6'0 Junior PG John Gilchrist is one of the most impressive ball handlers on the prep level, we spoke with the class of 2002 star yesterday. Gilchrist, plays with the AAU champions, Boo Williams squad from the Tidewater Region of Virginia. John was excited to tell us that the Kentucky Wildcats informed
his AAU coach that they would be recruiting him. He gives a early list of NC State, Virginia, North Carolina, Syracuse and Georgetown. The quick lead guard says his grades are fine with a 2.8 GPA and he plans to take all of his visits before verbally committing next year. Va. Tech has also expressed interest in Gilchrist. According to John, NC State and Virginia have already extended scholarship offers. One name to file away as a premier point guard for 2002."

<a href='http://www.insideaccbasketball.freeservers.com/whats_new.html' target='_blank'>http://www.insideaccbasketball.freeservers.../whats_new.html</a>

"John Gilchrist:
Height: 6'1
Weight: 174
Position: PG
High School: VA Beach Salem
AAU: Boo Williams All-stars
juniorstats: 20 pts, 7.6 assists, 6.3 rebounds per game, 51% FG, 79% FT, 38% 3's.
Comment: Floor general for powerful Boo Williams AAU, Magician with the ball is also quick, however could get quicker, needs to work on perimeters shots.
Grades: 2.9
Summer Plans: nike, events with Boo Williams
Colleges: Indiana, Florida, Maryland, St. Johns, NC state.(all you can say is poor nc state, the school has been after john since his freshmen year , but you really can't blame him for him to opt for other schools first, perhaps Maryland, INdiana or Florida"

Granted, as a baller these are good grades, but i doubt the grade inflation system is that big in VA... I reccomend that you check your sources before making statements.
12-09-2002 08:16 AM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

I'm glad to see Deep Throat has made his monthly appearance.
12-09-2002 09:51 AM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Blue Devil... Deep Blue... whatever the hell you call yourself...

Shelden has questionable academics? Yep... 3.8 GPA is very questionable. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: IDIOT

Sure Dockery isn't the smartest person ever. But look at the cards he was dealt. He went to an inner city Chicago school. I'm not saying that ****ed him over for life... it sure didn't help.

Shelden didn't do anything till you prove it. IDIOT

Ousmane had INTEREST in the NBA. He also had INTEREST in DUKE. His guardian was a royal sack of ****. IMO, I think Ousmane wanted to go to Duke, Jackson wanted Ousmane to go pro.

WHY DONT YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN TO US ALL WHY YOU WONT RESPOND TO THAT OTHER THREAD?
12-09-2002 11:01 AM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

List of people who don't like you Blue Devil:

nate jonesacc

Big Pimpin Deac

Liquid Karma

Lucy

T-Monay820

TarHeel15

I don't think JDHeel hates anyone, but I don't think he's too fond of you.

Every poster at thedevilsden.com

TigerFreak

Is that enough for you, moron?
12-09-2002 11:03 AM
1st String

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:List of people who don't like you Blue Devil:

nate jonesacc

Big Pimpin Deac

Liquid Karma

Lucy

T-Monay820

TarHeel15

I don't think JDHeel hates anyone, but I don't think he's too fond of you.

Every poster at thedevilsden.com

TigerFreak

Is that enough for you, moron?
04-bow 04-bow 04-bow

Well done, Nate!
12-09-2002 02:25 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

I forgot about my man, TPC.

I don't think he's gonna send you a birthday card, either. :crying:

03-wink 03-razz
12-09-2002 02:36 PM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

Actually none of those people know me. They might dislike an idea they don't agree with but can't argue with, in that case emotion substitutes for intelligence.
12-12-2002 10:31 PM
Advertisement

Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

Deep Blue Wrote:Actually none of those people know me. They might dislike an idea they don't agree with but can't argue with, in that case emotion substitutes for intelligence.
That's a pretty weak comeback, Deep Throat. Even for you. But, since that is your only post that you haven't edited yet, we'll give you another shot at that one.
12-13-2002 09:20 AM
1st String

I Root For:

Deep Blue Wrote:K chose to spend all his time offering and recruiting ineligible Ousmane, and totally ignored smart and talented David Harrison, who had offers from UNC, Vanderbilt, Colorado, and yet wanted to go to Duke which didn't offer him.
hey, blue devil, did you check this out?

<a href='http://cubuffs.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/harrison_david00.html' target='_blank'>http://cubuffs.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl/mt...on_david00.html</a>

HIGH SCHOOL
Basketball News preseason Big 12 Newcomer of the Year prediction
12-14-2002 02:47 PM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

I'm sure Harrison probably got a letter from Duke along with every other program in America at some point in his HS career, that sure as hell doesn't mean he was offered. Colorado, Vanderbilt, and UNC offered the smart and talented Harrison, Duke did not because K was chasing after the unqualified idiot Cisse with the jerk guardian. Cisse had all kinds of shady NCAA violations like Maggette yet K wanted him anyway. Harrison and Okafor are superstar student athletes. Cisse wanted to go pro as soon as possible and did, right out of HS.
12-15-2002 05:39 PM
Big Pimpin Deac
Unregistered

The authority on basketball recruiting has spoken. Since I am sure that Deep Throat talked to the kid and his family and the Duke coaching staff, he should know. :rolleyes:
12-16-2002 09:23 AM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

Ask anyone who knows about Duke recruiting whether Harrison, Okafor, Torin Francis, Felton, Gilchrist, McNamara, etc., were offered. Funny stuff from thedevilsden about SheWill, especially like the line about his game being like something out of a basketball bloopers video; hopefully super bigman coaches Wojo and K will teach him how to play, and things will get a lot easier for him when he has to face ACC teams and fans:

BleedsDukeBlue
Freshman

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:16 pm Post subject: Thoughts on Shelden Williams (???)

What do you guys think is going on with Shelden Williams? Williams was supposed to be the crown jewel of this recruiting class, but so far it's been a major struggle for him these first 6 games even against weak opponents. I was looking back through some of the old recruiting articles on him and he said straight out that he was "not a center." Despite where he's playing on the court though, I just can't understand how this young man was ranked #5 nationally by Bluechips, well ahead of guys like May and some other big men that are playing well now, and now only a few months later he just seems so completely out of sorts. I certainly hope the young man gets a handle on things soon, but so far I'm stumped on what is holding his game back.

dukeman_92
Freshman

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:20 pm Post subject:

I have to agree with Bleedsdukeblue on this one Sheldon looks completely lost on the court sometimes..................

Kind of a Casey Sanders Chris Burgess thing going on.

I hope he gets it together

Little Big Man
Freshman

Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:35 pm Post subject:

Shelden Williams is skill-free. I hate to say it, but I've seen him 5 times in person this year and he has not shown himself to be capable of too much on the old basketball court. He has a smooth jump shot in the warmups, and really long arms and huge hands, but his game is like something out of a basketball bloopers video. One has to wonder about some of the evaluations on this kid. Best of luck to him. Go Duke.
12-18-2002 06:12 AM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc
Unregistered

Duke showed a lot of interest early with Torin. We backed off, in favor of Shelden.

We actually wanted a piece of the David Harrison pie, he just didn't show us enough interest, IMO.

BTW, Shelden is a project. He's a lot like Wilcox. Eventually, Shelden will be a beast, but right now, he's just raw.

Gilchrist and McNamara? Both are ranked WAY lower than Dockery. :rolleyes:

Okafor was a sleeper. No big time programs showed interest besides UConn.

Blue Devil... I knew all of that off the top of my head. You call yourself a Duke fan? :rolleyes:
12-18-2002 08:41 AM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

None of those great student athletes I named were offered by K, he did however offer and chase ineligible idiot Cisse despite widely read articles about NCAA violations and his controlling money hungry guardian, alleged gang rapist SheWill, and moron Dockery, all of whom wanted to go pro as soon as possible. Harrison had Duke in his final four even without an offer, and academics were important to him and his family so Duke may have been his favorite since all his other finalistst offered. K may be the only coach in the entire country not to offer him, but then when has he ever offered a 7 footer, or coached any kind of inside offense or defense? Every recruit owned Dockery head to head, plus he's an idiot. Thedevilsden owner who closely follows recruiting says exemplary student athlete of the year Torin really, really wanted Duke but K wanted team player SheWill instead, pathetic. SheWill's going to find out about real troubles when the ACC part of the season rolls around, and again if he ever goes pro in whatever league.
12-18-2002 07:47 PM
nate jonesacc
Unregistered

LMFAO!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

I can't count the mistakes you made in that post on one hand.

Dockery outplayed WILL BYNUM, DEE BROWN AND SHANNON BROWN YOU MORON! I saw it on "Chicago Preps", there's 1 mistake for you.

David Harrison is not a great student athlete. He is a great athlete, but rumor has it his academics are suspect.

Shelden had a 3.8 GPA in HS. :rolleyes:

Had Cisse gone to Duke, that would have been amazing. Coach K took a risk, and it didn't work. Big whoop, we can't get them all. David Harrison is FAR FAR FAR inferior to Ousmane.

Shelden is a project, like I said. He is eerily similar to Chris Wilcox, and IMO, he will eventually be a lot like Wilcox.

When has Coach K offered a 7 footer? Nick Horvath and Michael Thompson are both 6'11. What's an inch? :rolleyes:

Dockery lived and went to school in inner city Chicago. He grew up in practically the ghetto, and he's had a hard time. If you ever bothered to do any research, the show "Chicago Preps" shows Dock's off court life, and I promise you, he is not the moron you think he is.

K might be the only coach in the country not to offer David Harrison? What a freaking joke. There were hundreds of teams that didn't offer him. As far as I know, only Colorado, UNC and Vanderbilt.

BY THE WAY... you remember saying that Duke men and women had no PGs for the future?

How about Lindsey Harding and Vicki Krapohl for the women... and Dockery and Demarcus Nelson for the men?

Blue Devil you are the biggest moron I have ever seen. :rolleyes:
12-18-2002 09:52 PM
Deep Blue
Unregistered

Dock got outscored 14 to 0 by Felton, 24 to 4 by McNamara, 32 to 8 by Ingram on a bad ankle, all of them much smarter and doing much better so far in college. Will Bynum owned Dock, whose HS team lost every single time to its rival, if you have any actual numbers from Dockery supposedly dominating other PGs then feel free to post it, otherwise, all we know is Dockery got killed every time he matched up with other top PGs. Harrison was an outstanding student, he would have to be in order to get a Vanderbilt offer. K has never recruited a 7 footer, 6'11" is okay, 7' isn't, you'd have to ask K why that is, maybe he's intimidated by 7 footers and deep down doesn't want centers to succeed in his system. K prefers 6'8" HS combo forwards at center, doesn't seem to care that small donut teams kill Duke inside in NCAA. SheWill barely qualified with a low test score, and wasn't recruited by top schools with standards. Nobody said SheWill was a project when he was recruited, he was easily considered the top recruit in maybe Duke's best class ever, an immediate starting center and instant impact was expected. Krapohl is too short and a defensive liability, Harding was the lowest rated recruit and one of the few that wasn't a top 20 HS player, G should recruit a PG since Duke already has plenty of big players. Dockery plummeted in rankings and got outplayed repeatedly and has bad academics, Demarcus Nelson isn't a PG as he himself keeps saying.

Funny how you said Duke wanted a piece of the David Harrison pie, then said only UNC, Colorado, and Vandy offered him as far as you knew. Cisse was an unqualified idiot with NCAA violations who wanted to go pro as soon as possible which is also what his greedy controlling guardian wanted, all of this detailed in articles while K was chasing him and ignoring Harrison, Okafor, etc. Obviously every program in America wants great students who are also the #1 player in their class like Battier or Grant Hill or Torin Francis although K didn't want Torin. The Cisse, SheWill, and Dockery situations really indicate what K looks for in a recruit when he isn't #1, not great allamerican student athletes, just high ranked players with or without questionable ethics or NCAA violations who can go pro as soon as possible.
12-19-2002 12:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.