Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Beast Movie -- Did Jesus Live?
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

This should spark some interest...being the day before Easter

<a href='http://www.thebeastmovie.com' target='_blank'>thebeastmovie.com</a>

On 6-6-06 this movie will be released. It claims that Jesus never lived; one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I think a lot atheists believe he lived, they just don't believe in the Resurrection.

So my question is, do you think he lived? I certainly do. Please provide ANY proof. I will post an essay I wrote a while back later.
03-26-2005 07:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yawhooos Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Sad thing is this is not Gods world we live in ........... Not yet !!!
03-26-2005 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

Probably the biggest piece of evidence of his life is something that was used for him after his death...
[Image: shrdbig2.jpg]
The Shroud of Turin is probably the most studied artifact in human history. Its unclear if its a hoax or not - its been declared authenthic and also a medieval hoax.

Nevertheless, I think that the movies is utter trash. Its gonna be overrated with a shotty plotline and a major disappointment in the box office. That my prediction to the movie.
03-26-2005 08:13 PM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

SkunkworksCrappies

Personally, I think the accounts of Josephus and Lucian does it for me. Some say Josephus's were tampered with, and that may be true. But they know Lucian's weren't. He was not a believer.
03-26-2005 08:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

moloch_322 Wrote:Nevertheless, I think that the movies is utter trash. Its gonna be overrated with a shotty plotline and a major disappointment in the box office. That my prediction to the movie.
I think this movie is trash too, but the media is gonna be all over this thing prior to release. Everybody and their momma is going to go see it when it comes out. Not me, but everybody else.
03-26-2005 08:46 PM
Yawhooos Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

<a href='http://www.orderofchrist.com/' target='_blank'>How to find proof of God</a>

The "great tribulation" refers to the time of crisis at the close of the age of man. Jesus spoke of "great tribulation" in Matthew 24:21 and told John to write of it in Revelation 7:14.

Several events are prophesied to occur during the crucial last days:

The area outside of the temple in Jerusalem will be controlled by non-Israelite powers (Revelation 11:2).
The two witnesses of God will fulfill their commission (verse 3).
The beast power, a counterfeit of the Kingdom of God, will dominate world politics, religion and economics (Revelation 13:5).
An unparalleled "time of great trouble" will come on the people of Israel, affecting also "the holy people" (Daniel 12:1, 7).
03-26-2005 10:10 PM
Advertisement

Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Duke Blue Devil

with this subject, so much relies on faith. if you have it you will see the proof everywhere. if you dont you wont. to me I have studied evolution. it is clear to me that that didnt happen. looking at the religons of the world, Christianity seems to have the Truth. I personly believe the bible is right and true.

but if you dont believe in the bible, then you wont accept. that is why its called "faith"
03-27-2005 01:17 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

moloch_322 Wrote:Probably the biggest piece of evidence of his life is something that was used for him after his death...
[Image: shrdbig2.jpg]
The Shroud of Turin is probably the most studied artifact in human history. Its unclear if its a hoax or not - its been declared authenthic and also a medieval hoax.

Nevertheless, I think that the movies is utter trash. Its gonna be overrated with a shotty plotline and a major disappointment in the box office. That my prediction to the movie.
The shroud failed carbon dating MISERABLY. Next.

BTW, he did live, there is much proof of that. Now that whole "son of God" bit is to be determined.
03-27-2005 05:05 AM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

SkunkworksCrappies

That's the whole thing...do you think he was resurrected? Or is it a myth?
03-27-2005 06:51 AM

techfan4 Wrote:That's the whole thing...do you think he was resurrected? Or is it a myth?
I do not believe in the Bible [Note, status message.] If you can forgive the rather extreme connotation comparison here...

Jesus was, IMO, sort of like the David Keresh (sp?) of the time. Play hypothetical here with me.... assume Jesus didn't exist for one moment, and that Christianity is also non-existant. If somebody comes up to you with a bunch of followers and says he is the son of God... do you believe him? Why or why not?

I am a skeptic. Nobody has come even CLOSE to proving Jesus had some divine power or was the son of God. Prove it to me, then I'll believe in it. Continuing right along... the Bible is one of the greatest works of all time, but should be placed in the fiction category. Ya know, for a work of divine inspiration, the Bible can't even gets it's own story right. Contradiction after contradiction... There's even parts of the Bible that read like a collection of folklore. I think there is SOME truth in the Bible, but it has been horribly twisted to pieces. For example... the great biblical flood? Well, evidence is very strong for a MASSIVE flood in the middle east / europe / asia when the Straight of Gibralter gave way, flooding what is now the Med. Sea. I imagine somebody back then would have a rather good story to tell about that, but it wasn't caused by rain for 40 days and 40 nights. And btw, along this same line, the amount of water on Earth? Finite. It could indeed rain 40 days and 40 nights... but that would require a massive amount of water that has rained to be revaporized to feed the rain. Blah blah blah blah I could go and on.

Deism fits in flawlessly with what I know and observe in the world today. God created the universe... set it into motion... and left it alone. This would explain the current... shall we say... repugnant goings on in the world every day. It's pretty hard to believe, for me, that there's a proactive God up there watching, seeing his will be done, that loves you.... but wants much of humanity to live in misery. If so, that's not a very loving God. And for those who say "it's not in God's plan..." well then I hope you stop contradicting yourself and cut out that whole praying bit. If you're praying for it... and it's up to God's plan... then might as well stop praying. That seems .. shall we say... futile.
03-27-2005 07:07 AM
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

SkunkworksCrappies

Not many people did believe him when he first came. As he taught, more and more believed in him. Proving it...well, if someone who has been teaching these things for years and never caught doing something not right, was crucified and risen from the dead, I'd find it hard not to believe in him.

As for God... I think he gives us a choice; lets us decide to follow him or not.
03-27-2005 07:29 AM
Advertisement

moloch_322 Offline
All American

I Root For: Hawt chix & UCF
Crappies

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:The shroud failed carbon dating MISERABLY. Next.

BTW, he did live, there is much proof of that. Now that whole "son of God" bit is to be determined.
From what I understand they are testing it again, claiming that the tested fibers which they declared the shroud a hoax, were a recreated part of the shroud.
03-27-2005 08:24 AM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
techfan4 Wrote:That's the whole thing...do you think he was resurrected? Or is it a myth?
I do not believe in the Bible [Note, status message.] If you can forgive the rather extreme connotation comparison here...

Jesus was, IMO, sort of like the David Keresh (sp?) of the time. Play hypothetical here with me.... assume Jesus didn't exist for one moment, and that Christianity is also non-existant. If somebody comes up to you with a bunch of followers and says he is the son of God... do you believe him? Why or why not?

I am a skeptic. Nobody has come even CLOSE to proving Jesus had some divine power or was the son of God. Prove it to me, then I'll believe in it. Continuing right along... the Bible is one of the greatest works of all time, but should be placed in the fiction category. Ya know, for a work of divine inspiration, the Bible can't even gets it's own story right. Contradiction after contradiction... There's even parts of the Bible that read like a collection of folklore. I think there is SOME truth in the Bible, but it has been horribly twisted to pieces. For example... the great biblical flood? Well, evidence is very strong for a MASSIVE flood in the middle east / europe / asia when the Straight of Gibralter gave way, flooding what is now the Med. Sea. I imagine somebody back then would have a rather good story to tell about that, but it wasn't caused by rain for 40 days and 40 nights. And btw, along this same line, the amount of water on Earth? Finite. It could indeed rain 40 days and 40 nights... but that would require a massive amount of water that has rained to be revaporized to feed the rain. Blah blah blah blah I could go and on.

Deism fits in flawlessly with what I know and observe in the world today. God created the universe... set it into motion... and left it alone. This would explain the current... shall we say... repugnant goings on in the world every day. It's pretty hard to believe, for me, that there's a proactive God up there watching, seeing his will be done, that loves you.... but wants much of humanity to live in misery. If so, that's not a very loving God. And for those who say "it's not in God's plan..." well then I hope you stop contradicting yourself and cut out that whole praying bit. If you're praying for it... and it's up to God's plan... then might as well stop praying. That seems .. shall we say... futile.
see.

ppl who believe will see the proof in science. ppl who dont will not see the proof. and it will be hard to near impossible to change the other's mind to your belief system.
03-27-2005 09:14 AM
Yawhooos Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

If jesus was not real , how did he have so many followers , do you think he would have had so many followers if he hadn't peformed miracles and called himself God or the son of God.
03-27-2005 11:47 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

Yawhooos Wrote:If jesus was not real , how did he have so many followers , do you think he would have had so many followers if he hadn't peformed miracles and called himself God or the son of God.
Jesus only really had 12 followers and he never claimed to be the son of God. He is quoted as having made reference to a "Father", but as do most christians. He didn't travel far and his religion was spread by his original 12 followers and a few more who joined in later. Nothing in the accepted Bible was written by Jesus. He was basically brought to such a high level by his 12 friends.

Thus one of the major differences of christianity and other religions is that the prophet and founder of the religion has no direct peice of work to quote from.
03-28-2005 04:29 PM
Laettners Legacy Offline
Heisman

he had 12 apotles. he had thousands of followers. He claimed to be the Son of God many times. he didnt claim to be god tho. The 12 apostles quoted from Jesus extenvisly.
03-28-2005 04:44 PM
Advertisement

moloch_322 Wrote:which they declared the shroud a hoax, were a recreated part of the shroud.
[cough] bull**** [cough]

They tested what.. nearly a dozen spots all over?

Is the entire thing "recreated"?
03-28-2005 05:32 PM

Yawhooos Wrote:If jesus was not real , how did he have so many followers , do you think he would have had so many followers if he hadn't peformed miracles and called himself God or the son of God.
Ghandi had *ALOT* of followers that claimed he could perform miracles. Is he God or the son of God too?
03-28-2005 05:33 PM
Yawhooos Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Ghandi had *ALOT* of followers that claimed he could perform miracles. Is he God or the son of God too?
But did he ever proclaim he was the son of God . Ghandi that is .
03-28-2005 08:12 PM

Yawhooos Wrote:
But did he ever proclaim he was the son of God . Ghandi that is .
Assume he did. Is he then an equivalent of Jesus?
03-28-2005 08:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.