Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official Offseason Thread
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

<a href='http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/hot_stove/y2004/free_agent_tracker.jsp?teamAct=ana' target='_blank'>Free agent tracker</a>
11-04-2004 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall

Donators

Nice site, Swoosh! :bluethumb:
11-04-2004 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Please re-sign J.D. Drew!
11-05-2004 12:44 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

For the Astros:

Realistically, Beltran is gone.

I wouldn't bust my bank in resigning Kent. If they can get him for a reasonable price, go for it. If not, let him go and sign a younger 2B.

We need to resign Springer and Miceli, and also use the money not spent on Beltran to build our bullpen. We will also need another outfielder for insurance.

We already got Biggio, and if Clemens comes back it will be with the Astros. It would be nice to have Vizcaino and Palmeiro back, but they are replacable.

The Astros won't sign any big names, but they have the potential to have a good offseason. Lets hope they don't screw it up.
11-06-2004 06:00 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=top50mlbfreeagents' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?p...50mlbfreeagents</a>
11-13-2004 01:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

Herd Fan 4-Life Wrote:<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?page=top50mlbfreeagents' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?p...50mlbfreeagents</a>
Good stuff, but Troy Glaus to the Astros??! We already have Mike Lamb and Morgan Ensberg, an injury prone 3B is the last thing we need.
11-13-2004 05:51 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

the first signing of the offseason belongs to the Giants. we picked up omar vizquel, 3 years 12.25 million. I'm so excited. i think this is a great pickup. He improves the fielding, the bench, and he will bat second. The top of our lineup can really get on base. If we improve the bullpen (a lot), i see no reason why we can't win the WS.
11-14-2004 06:33 PM
Herd Fan 4-Life Offline
Heisman

Donators

That's a great signing. He is steady year after year. He can take some of the young guys under his wings and really help them out.

Also, saw this and thought you guys might be interested...even though it's just rumor at this time.

<a href='http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3162296' target='_blank'>http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3162296</a>
11-14-2004 06:50 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:the first signing of the offseason belongs to the Giants. we picked up omar vizquel, 3 years 12.25 million. I'm so excited. i think this is a great pickup. He improves the fielding, the bench, and he will bat second. The top of our lineup can really get on base. If we improve the bullpen (a lot), i see no reason why we can't win the WS.
Hmm...I don't love that signing as much as you do. 3 years and 12.25 million is a lot for a guy on his last legs. He can still field really well, but he's not a good enough hitter to pay 4 million bucks a year to.
11-16-2004 05:23 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:the first signing of the offseason belongs to the Giants.&nbsp; we picked up omar vizquel, 3 years 12.25 million.&nbsp; I'm so excited.&nbsp; i think this is a great pickup.&nbsp; He improves the fielding, the bench, and he will bat second.&nbsp; The top of our lineup can really get on base.&nbsp; If we improve the bullpen (a lot), i see no reason why we can't win the WS.
Hmm...I don't love that signing as much as you do. 3 years and 12.25 million is a lot for a guy on his last legs. He can still field really well, but he's not a good enough hitter to pay 4 million bucks a year to.
i disagree. last year, was one of the best offensive seasons he's had in his whole career (except for less stolen bases). While 3 years might be too long, they really only want him to perform in the last few years, because of their chance for the WS. The 3 year offer, was just to make sure that they lured him from the white sox.
11-16-2004 05:47 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Well, one thing is for sure, he's a definite upgrade over the shortstops Alou was forced to throw out there last year. What happened to that guy Cody Ransom? He was supposed to be great. Has he fallen in the Giants' eyes so much that they had to go out and sign Vizquel for three years?
11-16-2004 05:50 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:Well, one thing is for sure, he's a definite upgrade over the shortstops Alou was forced to throw out there last year. What happened to that guy Cody Ransom? He was supposed to be great. Has he fallen in the Giants' eyes so much that they had to go out and sign Vizquel for three years?
ransom was never considered great. he was a great fielder (until last year), but was always a terrible hitter. This is ransom's last chance, and i can tell you that unless deivi cruz gets hurt, ransom will not be on the team.
11-16-2004 07:46 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

the expos have begun their new era.
<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924347' target='_blank'>new signings</a>

i like castilla, if RFK is a hitter's park (castilla will be much worse than batista if he has to play in a pitcher's park). i know nothing about it. But i do not like the amount in guzman's contract. He definitely does not deserve 4.2 mil/year. Compared to that, the giants got a good deal on vizquel.

i'll give bowden this. at least he's giving it a shot.
11-16-2004 07:54 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:
GDawgs88 Wrote:Well, one thing is for sure, he's a definite upgrade over the shortstops Alou was forced to throw out there last year. What happened to that guy Cody Ransom? He was supposed to be great. Has he fallen in the Giants' eyes so much that they had to go out and sign Vizquel for three years?
ransom was never considered great. he was a great fielder (until last year), but was always a terrible hitter. This is ransom's last chance, and i can tell you that unless deivi cruz gets hurt, ransom will not be on the team.
He must have done something right, because he was considered one of the Giants' top prospects last year.
11-16-2004 08:45 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

flyingswoosh Wrote:the expos have begun their new era.
<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924347' target='_blank'>new signings</a>

i like castilla, if RFK is a hitter's park (castilla will be much worse than batista if he has to play in a pitcher's park). i know nothing about it. But i do not like the amount in guzman's contract. He definitely does not deserve 4.2 mil/year. Compared to that, the giants got a good deal on vizquel.

i'll give bowden this. at least he's giving it a shot.
Castilla isn't worth the money. Bad move. They could spend their money much wiser.
11-16-2004 08:46 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:
He must have done something right, because he was considered one of the Giants' top prospects last year.
no he wasn't. you're mistaken. he had a great year in AAA, but was not considered a prospect. we had already known how bad he was.
11-16-2004 08:48 PM
Advertisement

GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I'm just saying, all the stuff I read talked about how good he was. I never saw him up close so I don't know.
11-16-2004 08:49 PM
GDawgs88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Lidle re-signs with the Phils.

<a href='http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924200' target='_blank'>http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1924200</a>
11-16-2004 08:51 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

GDawgs88 Wrote:I'm just saying, all the stuff I read talked about how good he was. I never saw him up close so I don't know.
in all seriousness, i have no idea what you've been reading. he hasn't been considered a prospect in years (at least 4). we figured out awhile ago that he couldn't hit.
11-16-2004 09:58 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

the tigers bolstered their bullpen, by signing troy percival to a 2 yr, 12 mil. contract.

this is a decent signing if the contract were for 4 mil. less. there is no way the 36 yr old percival should get 6 mil/yr. he has lost at least 5 mph on his fastball, and gets hurt every season.
11-17-2004 08:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.