The ACC is my daddy. 04-bow
10-29-2004 07:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

JoltinJacket Wrote:15. Texas
This team lost James Thomas, Royal Ivey, and Brandon Mouton. Who do they have left?
10-30-2004 11:42 AM
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

Sleeper team to crack the Top 25 quickly - Toledo.

The Rockets got 2 votes for the Top 25. They return all 5 starters from a team that went 20-11 and appeared in the NIT last season. They are picked to win the MAC and they have one of the best scorers in the country with senior guard Keith Triplett.

Toledo opens the season @ Vanderbilt (1 vote in the preaseason poll) and then play a gimme game against Wright State before playing at East Carolina, vs Nevada, and at Duke. A 4-0 record going into the game against Duke could get Toledo ranked in the Top 25.

The Rockets also play Auburn in the San Juan Shootout before starting conference play.
10-30-2004 01:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user

cbfranchise3 Wrote:
This team lost James Thomas, Royal Ivey, and Brandon Mouton. Who do they have left?
Where to start. Kenny Taylor, Brad Buckman, Sydmill Harris, Jason Klotz, PJ Tucker (one of the rising Big 12 stars), and oh probably the top recruiting class in LaMarcus Aldridge, Mike Williams and Daniel Gibson.

A sleeper team to look at is, don't laugh, Northwestern. Tony Parker's litter bro TJ is making nice strides, though not nearly as talented as big brother, he more than holds his own. Plus Mike Thompson, the Duke transfer, is eligible in December. They've got a solid nucleus coupled with legendary coach Bill Carmody and a soft Big 10, they could be making some noise come March.

peace.
10-31-2004 10:59 AM
BLAKESGIRL Offline
1st String

I Root For:

GDawgs88 Wrote:The ACC is my daddy. 04-bow
That's interesting....my initials are ACC! (lol sorry couldn't resist but my initials are really ACC) :)
10-31-2004 04:47 PM
Advertisement

PurplePeopleEater Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

rocketfootball Wrote:Toledo opens the season @ Vanderbilt (1 vote in the preaseason poll) and then play a gimme game against Wright State before playing at East Carolina, vs Nevada, and at Duke. A 4-0 record going into the game against Duke could get Toledo ranked in the Top 25.
I wouldn't say this if it wasn't in Greenville, but I hope you don't think you're just going to walk into Minges and get a 'W'. Big mistake. I am glad you guys are on our schedule as it's a good game to test our extremely young squad against. Looking forward to watching it.
10-31-2004 05:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rocketfootball Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies

PurplePeopleEater Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:Toledo opens the season @ Vanderbilt (1 vote in the preaseason poll) and then play a gimme game against Wright State before playing at East Carolina, vs Nevada, and at Duke.  A 4-0 record going into the game against Duke could get Toledo ranked in the Top 25.
I wouldn't say this if it wasn't in Greenville, but I hope you don't think you're just going to walk into Minges and get a 'W'. Big mistake. I am glad you guys are on our schedule as it's a good game to test our extremely young squad against. Looking forward to watching it.
Of course not. Wright State is the only gimme to start the season for us.
10-31-2004 05:27 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

THG Wrote:
cbfranchise3 Wrote:
Where to start. Kenny Taylor, Brad Buckman, Sydmill Harris, Jason Klotz, PJ Tucker (one of the rising Big 12 stars), and oh probably the top recruiting class in LaMarcus Aldridge, Mike Williams and Daniel Gibson.

A sleeper team to look at is, don't laugh, Northwestern. Tony Parker's litter bro TJ is making nice strides, though not nearly as talented as big brother, he more than holds his own. Plus Mike Thompson, the Duke transfer, is eligible in December. They've got a solid nucleus coupled with legendary coach Bill Carmody and a soft Big 10, they could be making some noise come March.

peace.
Usually, I would say this team is too young to compete, but every team is now too young to compete.

They will miss the leadership of Ivey and Mouton, especially Ivey.
10-31-2004 06:21 PM
BuckeyeStu Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

rocketfootball Wrote:
PurplePeopleEater Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:Toledo opens the season @ Vanderbilt (1 vote in the preaseason poll) and then play a gimme game against Wright State before playing at East Carolina, vs Nevada, and at Duke.  A 4-0 record going into the game against Duke could get Toledo ranked in the Top 25.
I think Wright State will be pretty good this year in the Horizon League. They are a very young and talented team and tOSU transfer Zach Williams should be able to provide some experience and leadership.

Also I think the Big 10 will finally win the ACC-Big 10 challenge this year. The Big 10 will finally return to being the top conference in the nation after 2 very bad seasons.
11-01-2004 12:15 AM
NavyDoc69 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland Terps!
Skunkworks

cbfranchise3 Wrote:
THG Wrote:
cbfranchise3 Wrote:

peace.
Usually, I would say this team is too young to compete, but every team is now too young to compete.

They will miss the leadership of Ivey and Mouton, especially Ivey.
You might want to re-think this statement unless you were talking about the Big 10 Conference. Cause the ACC is not only stacked but the teams there are experienced. MD alone has like 9-10 Soph and Juniors on their team...
11-01-2004 09:28 AM
Advertisement

NavyDoc69 Offline
1st String

Skunkworks

BuckeyeStu Wrote:
rocketfootball Wrote:
PurplePeopleEater Wrote:
I think Wright State will be pretty good this year in the Horizon League. They are a very young and talented team and tOSU transfer Zach Williams should be able to provide some experience and leadership.

Also I think the Big 10 will finally win the ACC-Big 10 challenge this year. The Big 10 will finally return to being the top conference in the nation after 2 very bad seasons.
Please tell me you took a hit off a crack pipe before you posted at least that would explain such a post.

The ACC has 6 teams in the Top 25 with 5 of them in the Top 15. Big 10 has 3 teams. Now I understand that polls mean nothing but honestly the ACC is the beast of college basketball always has been always will be...
11-01-2004 09:32 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

NavyDoc69 Wrote:Please tell me you took a hit off a crack pipe before you posted at least that would explain such a post.

The ACC has 6 teams in the Top 25 with 5 of them in the Top 15. Big 10 has 3 teams. Now I understand that polls mean nothing but honestly the ACC is the beast of college basketball always has been always will be...
The Big 10? The top conference? Come on Stu. Wiskey, MSU, Ill are gonna make the tourney. NW, Mich, Iowa are on the bubble. OSU, Minn, Pur, PSU, and IU are long shots to make the NIT. Maybe IU and Pur. This conference is going downhill, esp Ill. Bruce Webber hasn't brought in a solid player since he took over for Self. Pretty much all the top talent in Ill has gone elsewhere. The ACC is stacked, but wait until next year. The Big East. Can't wait.

peace.
11-01-2004 10:55 AM
NavyDoc69 Offline
1st String

Skunkworks

THG Wrote:
NavyDoc69 Wrote:Please tell me you took a hit off a crack pipe before you posted at least that would explain such a post.

The ACC has 6 teams in the Top 25 with 5 of them in the Top 15.  Big 10 has 3 teams.  Now I understand that polls mean nothing but honestly the ACC is the beast of college basketball always has been always will be...
The Big 10? The top conference? Come on Stu. Wiskey, MSU, Ill are gonna make the tourney. NW, Mich, Iowa are on the bubble. OSU, Minn, Pur, PSU, and IU are long shots to make the NIT. Maybe IU and Pur. This conference is going downhill, esp Ill. Bruce Webber hasn't brought in a solid player since he took over for Self. Pretty much all the top talent in Ill has gone elsewhere. The ACC is stacked, but wait until next year. The Big East. Can't wait.

peace.
Honestly I couldn't comment on the Big LEast next year cause I have no idea who is going to be in the Big LEast next year.
11-01-2004 11:39 AM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

Honestly I couldn't comment on the Big LEast next year cause I have no idea who is going to be in the Big LEast next year. [/quote]
Fair enough, I forgot some people live inside an ACC sheltered domicile. Think about it this way: Maryland probably will be the top team in the land next year, Duke, probably final four worthy, UNC could lose 4 players to the draft, Wake is probably losing their starting 5, GT is losing A Lot, NC St. will have seen better years (I can just see Sendek being handed his resignation, Hodge saved his job), FSU is unfortunatley on the upswing, but nowhere close to contention in the ACsquared, and Clemson, VT, UM, and Virginia.... fahhget about it. The Big East is going to be so stacked. UCONN, 'Cuse, ND, Pitt, with the addition of Cincy, 'Ville, Marquette, and Depaul. 'Nova will be vastly improved, SJU ditto, Seton Hall is probably going to be on the bubble. That's at least enough for 6 top 25 teams compared to the ACC's probable 3. But of course the '05 season hasn't even started, so I may be getting a little ahead of myself, maybe just a little. Do any of these new BE teams have the best shot at winning it all, maybe UCONN. But all I know is that we are going to see some of the best basketball man has known. I'll be happy to elaborate more if so desired.

peace.
11-01-2004 01:54 PM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati

Yes the Big East will be stacked next year.

BTW, anyone that wants to watch some good basketball tonight, turn to TNT at 1030 and watch the Nuggets take on the TWolves. I guarentee that Martin holds Garnett under 20.
11-04-2004 09:55 PM
Advertisement

Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies

Quote:Wake is probably losing their starting 5

Try again. First, who do you consider our starting 5 (considering Skip Prosser believes we have a starting 8 03-wink)? Wake only has 3 non-walk-on seniors: Taron Downey, Vytas Danelius & Jamaal Levy. Vytas & Jamaal will probably start most often & Taron is typically 1st off the bench. Chris Paul (soph) might go pro after this season, but I seriously doubt it. I believe he will be at Wake for the 2005-06 season and if a lottery pick, then leave. Justin Gray (junior) is good, but not leaving-for-the-NBA-early good. He'll be back next year, and then I hope for a good draft position. That leaves Eric Williams (junior) as the 5th frequent starter and while his play continues to improve, he will not be leaving early either, especially after the virulent case of food poisoning he had this summer & from which he is still recovering to a degree. So Wake will only be losing 2 of their starters and a total of 3 from the non-walk-on roster.

The 2005-06 season will see Chris Paul & Justin Gray starting at PG & SG, Eric Williams and Kyle Visser rotating at C (possibly add Greg Oden to the mix if he doesn't go pro straight out of HS this year), and Trent Strickland & either Cam Stanley or Kevin Swinton at F. That lineup will still have Wake at or near the top of the rankings.
11-05-2004 02:44 AM
Cajunman02 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
CrappiesCrappies

Kansas may stay #1 for a while, but when the Ragin Cajuns visit Lawrence in mid-December, WATCH OUT!
11-05-2004 02:15 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

Lucy Wrote:
Quote:Wake is probably losing their starting 5

Try again. First, who do you consider our starting 5 (considering Skip Prosser believes we have a starting 8 03-wink)? Wake only has 3 non-walk-on seniors: Taron Downey, Vytas Danelius & Jamaal Levy. Vytas & Jamaal will probably start most often & Taron is typically 1st off the bench. Chris Paul (soph) might go pro after this season, but I seriously doubt it. I believe he will be at Wake for the 2005-06 season and if a lottery pick, then leave. Justin Gray (junior) is good, but not leaving-for-the-NBA-early good. He'll be back next year, and then I hope for a good draft position. That leaves Eric Williams (junior) as the 5th frequent starter and while his play continues to improve, he will not be leaving early either, especially after the virulent case of food poisoning he had this summer & from which he is still recovering to a degree. So Wake will only be losing 2 of their starters and a total of 3 from the non-walk-on roster.

The 2005-06 season will see Chris Paul & Justin Gray starting at PG & SG, Eric Williams and Kyle Visser rotating at C (possibly add Greg Oden to the mix if he doesn't go pro straight out of HS this year), and Trent Strickland & either Cam Stanley or Kevin Swinton at F. That lineup will still have Wake at or near the top of the rankings.
My bad, I forgot about Eric. But Chris Paul will be going pro, and Gray is a possiblity. So total lost is Paul, Downey, Danelius (though if he repeats last season's performance, it wouldn't be considered a total loss), and Levy. That's quite a hit. Big enough hit to miss the tourney. And Oden is going pro, no chance he plays college.

peace.
11-05-2004 06:38 PM
Lucy Offline
All American

I Root For: Wake Forest

DonatorsCrappies

Quote:But Chris Paul will be going pro, and Gray is a possiblity

THG: I feel confident enough that both Chris & Justin will be back for the 2005-06 season that I'll make a bet with you. We can do this either small $ or simple sig line bet. Whaddaya say dude? :angel:
11-06-2004 12:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.