Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Coaching Carousel
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

Akron- got a Pitt asst.

Army- Got Bobby Ross. Good fit, these guys won't quit. And Ross is a winner.

UTEP- Not even aware they were getting yet another new coach...got Mike Price. Look for UTEP v Arizona soon, w/ an angry Price.

Arizona- Former WSU AD ignored old pal and hired Mike Stoops. Desert Swarm is back.

UNL- Still looking til after the bowls

CMU- Hey another recent addition, DeBord quit. Hooray! Anxious Chip fans are looking for GVSU's Brian Kelly (who turned down EMU)

EMU- Went w/ a N'western asst. Should be AD Diles' job on the line w/ this hire.

Dook- Retained their interim coach, Roof

UCF- Got O'Leary. Big name hire, who's part time while the Vikes play. Ugh, this is ugly for the Knights. Talk about looking for your next job.
12-22-2003 11:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest

I knew I forgot some teams. Cincy's got a new head coach. Should be decent.

Cincinnati names Ohio St coordinator Dantonio coach

December 23, 2003
CINCINNATI (Ticker) - Cincinnati didn't look too far for its new football coach, naming Ohio State defensive coordinator Mark Dantonio to the position on Tuesday.

Dantonio replaces Rick Minter, who was fired on December 1 after 10 years at the school.

The hiring of Dantonio comes as Cincinnati prepares to leave Conference USA and join the Big East in time for the 2005 season.

Dantonio, 47, left Michigan State to become Jim Tressel's defensive coordinator at Ohio State in 2001. This season, the Buckeyes rank first in rushing defense, allowing 60.5 yards per game, and ninth in total defense.

During Ohio State's national championship season in 2002, the Buckeyes ranked second in scoring defense, yielding 13.1 points per game.

Minter took Cincinnati to four bowl games but endured a 5-7 mark in 2003, his first losing season since 1999. The Bearcats won their first three games this season but stumbled to the finish, capped by a 43-40 loss to Louisville.
12-23-2003 04:03 PM
Advertisement

TJRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo Rockets

Crappies

DrTorch Wrote:UTEP- Not even aware they were getting yet another new coach...got Mike Price. Look for UTEP v Arizona soon, w/ an angry Price.
Don't you mean UTEP vs Alabama????
12-23-2003 04:14 PM
cbfranchise3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

DrTorch Wrote:I knew I forgot some teams. Cincy's got a new head coach. Should be decent.

Cincinnati names Ohio St coordinator Dantonio coach

December 23, 2003
CINCINNATI (Ticker) - Cincinnati didn't look too far for its new football coach, naming Ohio State defensive coordinator Mark Dantonio to the position on Tuesday.

Dantonio replaces Rick Minter, who was fired on December 1 after 10 years at the school.

The hiring of Dantonio comes as Cincinnati prepares to leave Conference USA and join the Big East in time for the 2005 season.

Dantonio, 47, left Michigan State to become Jim Tressel's defensive coordinator at Ohio State in 2001. This season, the Buckeyes rank first in rushing defense, allowing 60.5 yards per game, and ninth in total defense.

During Ohio State's national championship season in 2002, the Buckeyes ranked second in scoring defense, yielding 13.1 points per game.

Minter took Cincinnati to four bowl games but endured a 5-7 mark in 2003, his first losing season since 1999. The Bearcats won their first three games this season but stumbled to the finish, capped by a 43-40 loss to Louisville.
He will be a damn good coach, and a tough loss for my Buckeyes.
12-23-2003 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.