Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"American Christians"... Please read this...
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

<a href='http://www.natcath.com/NCR_Online/archives/062102/062102a.htm' target='_blank'>http://www.natcath.com/NCR_Online/archives...102/062102a.htm</a>
12-18-2003 07:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Graybeard, Rickheel and RebelKev, I'd like to know what you think...
12-18-2003 08:13 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies

it's too bad he's anti-death penalty, because he deserves it. What a nutjob. Him and Henry David Thoureau should get married.
12-19-2003 12:26 AM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

The LORD sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the LORD. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ******. (1 Samuel 15:1-3)

And the Lord said unto him, Go through...the midst of Jerusalem, and... smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women... (Ezekiel 9:4-6)

Nate, if it is good enough for God it is good enough for me. Sorry Nate, I asked you before about someone getting ready to kill your mom and you said you would let them do so. I cannot. Sorry, but sometimes, IMHO it is OK to kill. Moral or not. I have no problem with it myself. I guess that is something I have to deal with. Good article though. Just dont agree with it.
12-19-2003 07:12 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

What do I think Nate? I am thinking I am glad nutjobs like that aren't running the country as we wouldn't be around too long and I am starting to think religious principles such as this should have no place in policy making.

Tell me Nate, are you so naive that you believe embracing these terrorists will stifle the attacks?

Come and talk to me when you have packed on a few years of life experiences.....not as a 16 Y/O.
12-19-2003 07:53 AM
Quote this message in a reply
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:What do I think Nate? I am thinking I am glad nutjobs like that aren't running the country as we wouldn't be around too long and I am starting to think religious principles such as this should have no place in policy making.

Tell me Nate, are you so naive that you believe embracing these terrorists will stifle the attacks?

Come and talk to me when you have packed on a few years of life experiences.....not as a 16 Y/O.
Nutjob??????? You realize who this guy is? He's WIDELY accepted as THE BEST American Theologian... He has studied scripture, theology and religion for 50+ years... He's been studying it longer than you've been alive.

Ever heard of the Gifford lectures? They bring in one of, if not the, best theologians in the World to give lectures to some very important people... He was chosen 2 years ago to do that... NUTJOB.

I am all about some conflict... I don't see anything wrong with ****ing them over nonviolently... Stop trading with them, get their allies to turn against them etc... but KILLING is NOT an option.
12-19-2003 10:05 AM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

rickheel Wrote:The LORD sent me to anoint thee to be king over his people, over Israel: now therefore hearken thou unto the voice of the words of the LORD. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ******. (1 Samuel 15:1-3)

And the Lord said unto him, Go through...the midst of Jerusalem, and... smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children, and women... (Ezekiel 9:4-6)

Nate, if it is good enough for God it is good enough for me. Sorry Nate, I asked you before about someone getting ready to kill your mom and you said you would let them do so. I cannot. Sorry, but sometimes, IMHO it is OK to kill. Moral or not. I have no problem with it myself. I guess that is something I have to deal with. Good article though. Just dont agree with it.
Israel was a country (involved in politics) AND a group of God's people (Not involved in politics)... That's where you get modern day Ethnic Jews and Religious Jews. Christianity is solely a group of God's people (Not involved in politics)... As I said, through Christ, the Church is a Christians Political party... Christians shouldn't need "foreign policy", because they have a church, a group of people, who would rather die (And be with God) than kill.
12-19-2003 10:08 AM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Rick, who do you love more?

Your wife or God?
12-19-2003 10:08 AM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

flyingswoosh Wrote:it's too bad he's anti-death penalty, because he deserves it. What a nutjob. Him and Henry David Thoureau should get married.
Do some research on that "nutjob". :rolleyes:
12-19-2003 10:28 AM
Lethemeul Offline
Fancy Pants

I Root For: Pirates!

NCAAbbs LUGDonatorsFolding@NCAAbbs

He may be the eminent theologian in the country, but you know what it all boils down to? You say potato, I say blow 'em up.

When I die, if I'm standing there at the gates being told that I was wrong, all wrong, then I'll believe Stanley Hauerwas.
12-19-2003 10:51 AM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

Donators

Nate, I love God more but I will be daggone if I would not use my God given free will to stop someone from hurting her. Now, when do you plan to change your sig line?
12-19-2003 12:21 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Lethemeul Wrote:When I die, if I'm standing there at the gates being told that I was wrong, all wrong, then I'll believe Stanley Hauerwas.
that's why they call it faith...
12-19-2003 07:24 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

rickheel Wrote:Nate, I love God more but I will be daggone if I would not use my God given free will to stop someone from hurting her. Now, when do you plan to change your sig line?
Could that same "God-given free will" be used to say "I love God but I daggone will use my God-given free will to sin my life away... Just because God gave you free will does not make it any more OK for you to kill... In fact, to use that excuse makes it worse.
12-19-2003 07:26 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

"I love God more"...

So would you rather be with God right now or your wife?
12-19-2003 07:29 PM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

Donators

Nate, I will pay my money and take my chances. If someone was to attempt to hurt anyone I care about I would do everything in my power, include putting a 357 between their eyes. After that, I will take whatever comes my way.
12-19-2003 09:59 PM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Sad to know that the Cons on this site, in addition to being woefully uninformed about politics in general, are also ignorant of the words of God:

"Love endures long and is patient and kind; love never is envious nor boils over with jealousy; it is not boastful or vainglorious, does not display itself haughtily. It is not conceited--arrogant and inflated with pride; it is not rude (unmannerly), and does not act unbecomingly. Love (God's love in us) does not insist on its own rights or its own way, for it is not self-seeking ; it is not touchy or fretful or resentful; it takes no account of the evil done to it--pays no attention to a suffered wrong. It does not rejoice at injustice and unrighteousness , but rejoices when right and truth prevail. Love bears up under anything and everything that comes, is ever ready to believe the best about every person, its hopes are fadeless under all circumstances and it endures everything (without weakening). Love never fails--never fades out or becomes obsolete or comes to an end" (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

Speaking of cafeteria-style faith. . .do you just pick and choose words to live by, ricky? :laugh: :laugh:
12-20-2003 01:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

Donators

What it boils down to o wise one is I asked nater once if his mom was getting a big ol 12 inches from a rapist and he had a gun and could stop the attack, what would he do??? pray..........that was his answer. Mine would be a corpse. Like I said, I would be willing to face whatever I had to face.
Edited because I changed JB's. In retrospect it was in poor taste.
12-20-2003 06:38 AM
joebordenrebel Offline
1st String

I Root For:

You know, you could just go over and pull the guy off your Mom. Then maybe call the cops?

Whenever I witness any crime, I don't just automatically think "kill 'em."

Is that being assertive? Yup. Does the punishment fit the crime? Yup.

Do I hope I roll up beside Ricky in traffic after I've cut him off?

Nope.

P.S. You sound like you've got a bit of a um overcompensation issue to sort out.

JB-that was over the line. I know it was directed at me, but I would delete it if it was directed at anyone else.
12-21-2003 03:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

rickheel Wrote:Nate, I will pay my money and take my chances. If someone was to attempt to hurt anyone I care about I would do everything in my power, include putting a 357 between their eyes. After that, I will take whatever comes my way.
Including possible eternity in Hell? Not saying that's what would happen... I'm not God... I only know what Jesus Christ has said... And are you willing to risk being damned for eternity to save mortal flesh?
12-21-2003 10:40 AM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

rickheel Wrote:What it boils down to o wise one is I asked nater once if his mom was getting a big ol 12 inches from a rapist and he had a gun and could stop the attack, what would he do??? pray..........that was his answer. Mine would be a corpse. Like I said, I would be willing to face whatever I had to face. keep that head in the sand fellas,,,,,,,,you will get 12 inches of your own some day.
What separates the Christian from the American Christian is exactly that. The Christian cares more about his faith than his wife. The American Christian cares more about himself, his wife and money than his faith.
12-21-2003 10:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.