Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You Know.....
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

you liberals here are lightweights. Don't you have any friends that can debate?
05-08-2003 10:40 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:you liberals here are lightweights. Don't you have any friends that can debate?
Whats wrong Rebel are you running out of libs to give hell.We need to recruit some new liberal blood to the board. :pooh:
05-08-2003 10:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bigolhawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:you liberals here are lightweights. Don't you have any friends that can debate?
And here, my friends, is the main reason why its a complete waste of time to talk politics here.

You, RebelKev, have absolutely no desire to modify your beliefs. You cannot be called a debater if you expect only to change the other person, but to also change yourself.

Now, lets see what happens when you dont listen to a persons post in order to gain meaning, but only to get material for flaming.

RebelKev, if you please, I believe you should do the honors...
05-08-2003 10:52 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

bigolhawg Wrote:You, RebelKev, have absolutely no desire to modify your beliefs. You cannot be called a debater if you expect only to change the other person, but to also change yourself.
You're right. I am a man of principle and will not deviate from what's right.
05-08-2003 11:05 PM
Advertisement

bigolhawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Whats the point of debating if you dont plan on listening to what another person says?
05-08-2003 11:22 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

bigolhawg Wrote:Whats the point of debating if you dont plan on listening to what another person says?
To change the other person's mind.
05-09-2003 07:27 AM
lilredridinghood Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

to debate something is to argue in defense of ~

I personally have very rarely been swayed from my position. However it HAS happened and I have admittted I thought I was wrong. Debate is a form of education. It forces you to find "back up" to you beliefs.

So whether or not you end up changing someones mind, every now and then you cause them to think and research. This makes us smarter as a people and THAT IS A GOOD THING :girl:

So even if you think Rebel is an idiot you should thank him for forcing you to think :D
05-09-2003 08:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

lilredridinghood Wrote:to debate something is to argue in defense of ~

I personally have very rarely been swayed from my position. However it HAS happened and I have admittted I thought I was wrong. Debate is a form of education. It forces you to find "back up" to you beliefs.

So whether or not you end up changing someones mind, every now and then you cause them to think and research. This makes us smarter as a people and THAT IS A GOOD THING :girl:

So even if you think Rebel is an idiot you should thank him for forcing you to think :D
Exactly right Lil.Im man enough to admit ive had my mind changed with enough facts put in front of me.Plant the seed and let it grow.
05-09-2003 09:06 AM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

just say no roy Wrote:Exactly right Lil.Im man enough to admit ive had my mind changed with enough facts put in front of me.Plant the seed and let it grow.
Same here. I used to be a Republican. I am now a Libertarian, but I still vote Republican and will continue to do so until the LP gets a viable candidate. I voted for Perot in '92 and '96, and look what that got us. Never again.
05-09-2003 09:32 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU

Well said.

04-bow
05-09-2003 04:16 PM
Advertisement

bigolhawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

My thank you is by continuing the debate. It seems that we are all in agreement here, were just saying the same thing in different terms.

Each of us believe that if we dont enter a debate with an open mind, we are just wasting time. RebelKev's post to start this thread is definitely flame to get some liberals mad, but the fact that he has hung around for quite awhile and continues to post shows that he enjoys the conversation and has been listening to the debate.

If we were true lightweights, you would have left a long time ago.
05-09-2003 04:58 PM
just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:
just say no roy Wrote:Exactly right Lil.Im man enough to admit ive had my mind changed with enough facts put in front of me.Plant the seed and let it grow.
Same here. I used to be a Republican. I am now a Libertarian, but I still vote Republican and will continue to do so until the LP gets a viable candidate. I voted for Perot in '92 and '96, and look what that got us. Never again.
Whoooooooo Larry Elder quits the Libertarian party!!!Just heard about this.Check out this board post.<a href='http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/908842/posts' target='_blank'> WOW!</a>Scroll down to the Vanity Fair caption and check it out while you there.Mmmmmmmmmm i love me some Rice. :eek:
05-09-2003 09:52 PM
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

just say no roy Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:
Whoooooooo Larry Elder quits the Libertarian party!!!Just heard about this.Check out this board post.<a href='http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/908842/posts' target='_blank'> WOW!</a>Scroll down to the Vanity Fair caption and check it out while you there.Mmmmmmmmmm i love me some Rice. :eek:
He's a dumb*** then. WE are the true party of freedom.
05-09-2003 11:24 PM
just say no roy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

RebelKev Wrote:
just say no roy Wrote:
RebelKev Wrote:
He's a dumb*** then. WE are the true party of freedom.
It may be for reasons like one of the posters suggested.Running for office against Boxer.If so maybe switching now will help he's chancesI like his odds against Boxer if thats the reason. 04-cheers
05-10-2003 06:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.