Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chemical warhead found in Kirkuk
JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

Smoking gun, Exhibit C...

[Image: story.bomb.jpg]

Quote: Weapons experts were called Saturday to an occupied northern Iraqi air base in Kirkuk to determine if a warhead discovered there is laden with a chemical agent.

On Friday, a former Iraqi air force colonel claiming to be the former base commander told U.S. military officials he knew of 120 missiles within about an 18-mile radius of the city -- 24 of them carrying chemical munitions, according to an Army intelligence posting at the airfield's military headquarters.

The man said he had been freed recently from an Iraqi prison, military intelligence said.

The warhead was found in a box Friday during routine operations to secure the airfield by the U.S. 173rd Airborne Brigade. It is about the width of a coffee can and marked with a green band that military sources said is the universal symbol for chemical weaponry.

Two initial "improved chemical agent monitor" (ICAM) tests showed trace amounts of a nerve agent on the baseball bat-length warhead -- at the rear and in the middle where there is a screwed-down circular area about the size of a quarter.

<a href='http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/12/sprj.irq.chemical/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/04/12/...ical/index.html</a>
04-12-2003 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

big shock there

Funny, we find it in 3 weeks, yet UN inspectors couldn't find anything in 2 months.

hmmmmmmmmmm

:laugh:

WPS
04-12-2003 09:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI

calling_the_hogs Wrote:big shock there

Funny, we find it in 3 weeks, yet UN inspectors couldn't find anything in 2 months.

hmmmmmmmmmm

:laugh:

WPS
"But the inspections were working"

Yeah right. :rolleyes:
04-12-2003 11:43 PM
Advertisement

Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Funny, CNN is saying:

"Tests on a captured warhead found at an airfield near Kirkuk were inconclusive. One set showed trace amounts of a nerve agent consistent with leakage from a chemically armed weapon, military sources said. Another set of tests showed nothing. More tests were expected."

WMD may be found, or they may not, that remains to be seen. Maybe I should get my "news" from talk radio so that we can all be on the same page. :goldie:
04-13-2003 08:48 AM
Quote this message in a reply
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

<a href='http://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/nat/newsnat-14apr2003-1.htm' target='_blank'>Here is one from that Bastion of Truth,........ABC.......and I guess you get all your info from Time, Newsweek and the Post.....</a> :rolleyes:
04-13-2003 02:18 PM
Advertisement

rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

Donators

Well? :rolleyes:
04-14-2003 08:26 PM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Well, indeed!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Page Not Found</span>

The page or file you've requested, "http://www.abc.net.au/news/justin/nat/newsnat-14apr2003-1.htm" doesn't seem to exist on this server.

You may have followed an incorrect link, typed the address incorrectly, or the page may have moved.

If you can't see anything mis-spelled or otherwise incorrect about the URL, please cut and paste it from here:
04-15-2003 04:32 AM
Advertisement

rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

Donators

<a href='http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s831423.htm' target='_blank'>He you go mr mensa</a>
04-15-2003 05:42 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Mr. Mensa? Hmmm, I'm not the one too stupid to post the correct link.

Does the word "possible" mean that they haven't positively identified these missles as chemical weapons? Or, is it possible that, like every other instance so far, this is not quite the "smoking gun" we need to prove our case?

Let me know when you've got something, okay? :goldie:
04-15-2003 07:34 AM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

Donators

The entire point is the article was on the ABC web site. If I am going a bit fast for you, let me know.... :laugh: :wave: I can even enter things so they look like they are written with a large red crayon if you would like.
04-15-2003 10:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.