Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

U.S. Army, Thinking Different
tarheelsben1 Offline
Mac Guru

I Root For: UNC
Folding@NCAAbbs

<a href='http://news.com.com/Apple+sells+supercomputer+sequel/2100-1010_3-5242487.html?tag=nefd.top' target='_blank'>Link</a>

Quote:From Macrumors.com...
Based on the success of Virginia Tech's PowerMac G5 supercomputer, CNet reports that Colsa has placed an order with Apple for a number of servers:

A U.S. Army contractor has purchased a $5.8 million, 1,566-server supercomputer from Apple Computer, a real-world cousin to an academic system that briefly appeared high on a list of the most powerful machines.
The new cluster is expected to reach 15 teraflops when it is completed this fall and will run Army simulations of the aerodynamics of flight.

04-bow
06-21-2004 07:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

In the words of Jack Parkman, Major League II:

Quote:"You got a long way to go peckerhead."
06-21-2004 07:51 PM
jrhessey Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cleveland
SkunkworksNCAAbbs LUG

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:In the words of Jack Parkman, Major League II:

holy crap.... lmao!!

Major League 2!! haha!!
06-22-2004 07:36 AM
Advertisement

ccs178 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

If you are real nice, maybe you can convince the Army to help you cure cancer. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
06-22-2004 12:14 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies

ccs178 Wrote:

If you are real nice, maybe you can convince the Army to help you cure cancer. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If you have no personal ambition for a better world yourself, I suppose that's you're way of thinking different.

In the mean time --> I'll be donating my unused cpu power 170,000 other idiots waste their time, including Novell, Cisco, Google, Yahoo!, Mandrake Linux, Yellow Dog Linux, Red Hat Linux, Mississippi State University, the University of Alabama, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Hewlett Packard, Dell, Apple Computer Inc, NC State University, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Gentoo Linux, University Kansas, Purdue University, Clemson University, University of Hawaii, Cornell University, NASA, United States Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Monmouth University, FreeBSD, BeOS...
06-22-2004 12:50 PM
Advertisement

ccs178 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:
ccs178 Wrote:

If you have no personal ambition for a better world yourself, I suppose that's you're way of thinking different.

In the mean time --> I'll be donating my unused cpu power 170,000 other idiots waste their time, including Novell, Cisco, Google, Yahoo!, Mandrake Linux, Yellow Dog Linux, Red Hat Linux, Mississippi State University, the University of Alabama, Georgia Tech, Harvard, Hewlett Packard, Dell, Apple Computer Inc, NC State University, University of Tennessee-Knoxville, Gentoo Linux, University Kansas, Purdue University, Clemson University, University of Hawaii, Cornell University, NASA, United States Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, Monmouth University, FreeBSD, BeOS...
Soooo young. Soooo niave. I remember those days.
06-22-2004 12:53 PM
NavyDoc69 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland Terps!
Skunkworks

ccs178 Wrote:
ccs178 Wrote:

Actually I have to back GTS up on this one. Have you ever had a family member or loved one be effected by Cancer???

If your answer is yes then you are a total MORON. But if your answer is no then you're only half a MORON.

EIther way you're a MORON...

I've had plenty of people in my life effected by Cancer.

Trust me I'd bet my pay check I'm older than you so it has nothing to do with being young..

It's called having a heart and caring about MANKIND!!!
06-22-2004 01:08 PM
Advertisement

ccs178 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

NavyDoc69 Wrote:
ccs178 Wrote:
ccs178 Wrote:

Actually I have to back GTS up on this one. Have you ever had a family member or loved one be effected by Cancer???

If your answer is yes then you are a total MORON. But if your answer is no then you're only half a MORON.

EIther way you're a MORON...

I've had plenty of people in my life effected by Cancer.

Trust me I'd bet my pay check I'm older than you so it has nothing to do with being young..

It's called having a heart and caring about MANKIND!!!
1. I'm only giving GTS a hard time. He knows it.

2. My experience with cancer is none of your friggin' business.

3. As an admin, shouldn't you be up holding AUP instead of abusing it? (i.e. calling a member a total moron)

4. Normally, I would've taken this to PM, but you posted the insult in a public forum so I'm responding in an open forum.

It was a joke. GTS responded to tarheelsben1 with smack and I responded to GTS with smack. I don't care how old you are, but you've obviously have some maturing to do if this is how you respond to a pretty inane debate.
06-22-2004 01:17 PM
Terpy Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

There is a difference between talking smack about computers and making light of cancer research. Your post was inapporpriate.
06-22-2004 05:15 PM
ccs178 Offline
All American

CrappiesCrappiesDonators

Terpy Wrote:There is a difference between talking smack about computers and making light of cancer research. Your post was inapporpriate.
I wasn't making fun of cancer research. I was making fun of GTS's admitted ubergeekness. Even if I were making fun of cancer research should an admin pm me about it or call me a total moron in a public forum? I ask that rhetorically because I'm pretty sure I know what you answer would be.
06-22-2004 06:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.