Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Deng
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Luol Deng, is probably the best highschool player from the class of 2003, that will play college ball; Lebron James will be the first pick in the 2003 draft.

Deng has completed most of his visits, and he has a variety of schools to choose from. Right now Indiana and Missouri seem to have an edge, but he is also considering UVA, Duke, and Fairfield I believe.

This should be an interesting recruiting situation to watch play out.

Honestly, I hope that he does to Mizzou. :D
10-17-2002 08:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gmaniac1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

Yo hoops... I thought Duke had the edge on this one. Do you have a link to confirm this? I agree with you, I hope he goes anywhere but to Duke or Virginia, or really any ACC team. :bang:
10-17-2002 01:04 PM
rickheel Offline
The Old Bastard

I Root For: Heels
Donators

gmaniac, one of my favorite movies of all time. Count DEmoney!
10-17-2002 04:40 PM
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

From the mouth of Mike Sullivan, the recruiting guru at RivalsHoops.com, it looks like Mizzou and Coach Q lead for Deng.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Sullivan: Spoke to someone very, very close to Deng this weekend. He said Mizzou leads but Luol likes IU coach Mike Davis too.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<a href='http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&mid=8451232&sid=&tid=8448293&style=1' target='_blank'>http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?...8448293&style=1</a>
10-18-2002 08:39 AM
gmaniac1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

rickheel Wrote:gmaniac, one of my favorite movies of all time. Count DEmoney!
:) That's Count DEE-MOANAY... he he
10-18-2002 01:07 PM
gmaniac1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

hoops13 Wrote:From the mouth of Mike Sullivan, the recruiting guru at RivalsHoops.com, it looks like Mizzou and Coach Q lead for Deng.

quote:
Mike Sullivan: Spoke to someone very, very close to Deng this weekend. He said Mizzou leads but Luol likes IU coach Mike Davis too.

<a href='http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=103&mid=8451232&sid=&tid=8448293&style=1' target='_blank'>http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?...8448293&style=1</a>
04-cheers Cool, nothing seriously against any ACC team but there is enough competition in the conference... the ACC needs to spread the wealth!!!

thanks for the link
10-18-2002 01:12 PM
Advertisement

nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Trust me on this one.

Missouri and UVA lead Duke and IU RIGHT NOW.

That's because he has made official visits to those places already. His official to IU is this weekend of the 18-20 and his official to Duke is the 26th. Luol said he expects to announce his decision right after he gets back from Duke. Take that how you will.

Personally, he's probably liked Duke the most more consistently, but I mean, it would make sense for him to have Missouri leading right after his official visit there.

BTW, it will pan out as follows.

1) Duke, he'll come here
2) UVA
3) Mizzou
4) Indy
10-18-2002 05:02 PM
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:Trust me on this one.

Missouri and UVA lead Duke and IU RIGHT NOW.

That's because he has made official visits to those places already. His official to IU is this weekend of the 18-20 and his official to Duke is the 26th. Luol said he expects to announce his decision right after he gets back from Duke. Take that how you will.

Personally, he's probably liked Duke the most more consistently, but I mean, it would make sense for him to have Missouri leading right after his official visit there.

BTW, it will pan out as follows.

1) Duke, he'll come here
2) UVA
3) Mizzou
4) Indy
:stupid:

Nate, you need to be reasonable, or atleast try to be reasonable (which I know is hard for you). This is one of the top recruiting analysts in the country making this statement; it is not his opinion, he has TALKED to Deng, and Deng said that Mizzou and Quin are leading for his services! :D :drink: 04-cheers

I have given up on trying to give you the experience of what the world looks like without your Duke-tinted goggles on, but I have accepted the fact that it will never happen. Therefore these days I just nod my head as I listen to your ridiculous biasedness.

Anyways, sure it is going to be hard for anyone to beat Coach K in a recruiting battle, especially when he is the sole person Duke's coaching staff is focusing on. However, from A PAID RECRUITING ANALYSTS' reports, Duke is not in the lead right now.

There is still a lot to be played out here; it will interesting to see what he says after his visit at Duke.
10-18-2002 07:57 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Hoops,

You are an idiot. I said that Missouri leads RIGHT NOW!!

Look at my post!

"Missouri and UVA lead Duke and IU RIGHT NOW."

I never challenged that. I said that I think he will end up at Duke. Did your "paid analyst" ever say he wouldn't? Hell no, so nothing I have said is in any way contradicting what your "paid analyst" said.

Please stop trying to make something out of nothing.
10-19-2002 11:27 AM
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Aight, but don't you think it is kind of strange to say that you think Deng will go to Duke even if Duke isn't leading right now? 03-confused
10-19-2002 06:18 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

hoops13 Wrote:Aight, but don't you think it is kind of strange to say that you think Deng will go to Duke even if Duke isn't leading right now? 03-confused
Not at all.

I'm not at liberty to say this publicly, but it has something to do with TDD premium.

If I see you in person, Hoops, I'll tell you.

But, once Deng visits Duke, he will commit.
10-19-2002 08:12 PM
Advertisement

hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

nate jonesacc Wrote:it has something to do with TDD premium.
No offense, but John at TDD also reported that Ebi would commit.
10-20-2002 10:35 AM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

hoops13 Wrote:
nate jonesacc Wrote:it has something to do with TDD premium.
No offense, but John at TDD also reported that Ebi would commit.
no, he didnt...

he said he thinks he will and that he would tend to agree with the reports that he is committing, but he never flat out said it.
10-20-2002 11:08 AM
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

You're right, John didn't actually say that, although he seemed to side with rumors from DBR that reported Ebi to Duke. Let's just say that the stuff at TDD in the war room and on the premium board made Duke fans feel very good about Ebi, although it turned out Arizona and Houston were at the top of his list down to the end.
10-20-2002 07:58 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

hoops13 Wrote:You're right, John didn't actually say that, although he seemed to side with rumors from DBR that reported Ebi to Duke. Let's just say that the stuff at TDD in the war room and on the premium board made Duke fans feel very good about Ebi, although it turned out Arizona and Houston were at the top of his list down to the end.
Yes, John made everyone feel like Ebi was going to Duke. That's the 1 time he has mislead any Duke fan, including myself (and i pester him very often!)
10-20-2002 08:27 PM
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Deng is visiting Duke this weekend for their open practice and blue/white game.
10-26-2002 06:12 PM
Advertisement

DamascusTerp2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

I hope he went to the football game today :laugh: :laugh:
10-26-2002 08:17 PM
hoops13 Offline
All American

I Root For:

I think Duke is going to go 0-2 this year on their prime targets.
10-26-2002 10:36 PM
DamascusTerp2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:

BREAKING NEWS...

Loul Deng was the peson who threw water bottles at the Duke bench today druing the football game...
10-26-2002 11:47 PM
nate jonesacc Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

lol, I hope you keep thinking we won't get Deng.
10-26-2002 11:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.