Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is FSU back?
techfan4 Offline
One of the First

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksCrappies

ESPN Article: <a href="http://msn.espn.go.com/ncf/preview02/s/fsuback.html" target="_blank">http://msn.espn.go.com/ncf/preview02/s/fsuback.html</a>
08-11-2002 07:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JD Heel Offline
All American

I Root For: UNC

CrappiesCrappies

This really bugs me. FSU went 8-4, finished second in the ACC, and won the Gator Bowl last year. Most teams would kill for that. They didn't have a bad year. They had a good -- but not great -- year.

Still, everyone thinks they "went" somewhere and questions whether they're gonna be "back" or not. Back from where? A good season?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to see FSU have a year like Notre Dame or Penn State have recently. I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon in the talent-rich state of Florida, but they may hit speed bump when Bowden retires. I can say one thing: it would sure teach some people about what a "bad" year really is. Kinda how an 8-20 season would to a perennial basketball power.

-JD
08-11-2002 10:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JoltinJacket Offline
The Resident Stat Machine

I Root For: Georgia Tech

SkunkworksHall of FameCrappies

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JD Heel:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to see FSU have a year like Notre Dame or Penn State have recently. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Same here. No offense to Noley and the rest of the Noles around here, but I've been wanting FSU to "go in the tank" for about 6 years (since Danny Kanell left). I don't exactly care for Miami, but I root for them against FSU. I despise Notre Dame, but I hope they destroy the Noles this season. Mainly because seeing a team you don't root for win over and over gets really old (just like the Yanks, Lakers, Duke, and the Bulls and Cowboys of old).

The most entertaining game I've seen in a long time was the 41-9 Carolina game last year...I laughed and laughed at how UNC brought the Noles down to earth and stomped on them in that game...If only Tech could've had enough pride left in them to do the same in December.

<small>[ August 13, 2002, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: JoltinJacket ]</small>
08-11-2002 11:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NCGatorBait Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

NO!!
08-12-2002 05:48 AM
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

NCGatorbait, those are the exact same words coming out of Gainesville when Spurrier left.
Now its all about the 'crumbled cookie'
08-12-2002 02:16 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Knight_Time Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JD Heel:
This really bugs me. FSU went 8-4, finished second in the ACC, and won the Gator Bowl last year. Most teams would kill for that. They didn't have a bad year. They had a good -- but not great -- year.

Still, everyone thinks they "went" somewhere and questions whether they're gonna be "back" or not. Back from where? A good season?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready to see FSU have a year like Notre Dame or Penn State have recently. I highly doubt it will happen anytime soon in the talent-rich state of Florida, but they may hit speed bump when Bowden retires. I can say one thing: it would sure teach some people about what a "bad" year really is. Kinda how an 8-20 season would to a perennial basketball power.

-JD</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree, so they didn't win 11 games and finish in the top 5 nationally...they still had a pretty good season. Maybe the rest of the ACC is catching up talentwise? (except for Duke)
08-13-2002 10:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.