Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TCU has expressed interest at rejoining CUSA
Bookmark and Share
SteveCConway Offline
Memphis Psycho, er, I mean Administrator

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

CrappiesFolding@NCAAbbs
TCU has expressed interest at rejoining CUSA
According to an interview on Memphis radio, Memphis AD mentioned that TCU has made "overtures" about returning to Conference USA (lol, guess the grass wasn't greener after all, eh froggies).

Arkansas-Little Rock, Fresno State, Boise State, & Middle Tennessee State has put out "feelers" in the event Tulane folded it's division 1 sports programs and an opening opened up.

RC said MTSU isn't even going to be considered for admission even if Tulane was no longer a member, but he believes it is a non-subject because Tulane is fast getting their sports programs back on their feet.

On a side note, when RC Johnson first came to Memphis, our budget was a little over $11 million a year. This year our budget is projected at just over $30 million. Not too shabby. Also, our donations are at $3 million already, a record for this time of year. Guess the shakeup didn't hit us too hard after all. lol

Also on another side note, it has been hinted that FedEx is going to build us brand new baseball facilities.
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2007 09:09 AM by SteveCConway.)
05-30-2007 09:06 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TMcCarty Offline
Maximus Decimus Meridius

I Root For: UAB
Folding@NCAAbbs
RE: TCU has expressed interest at rejoining CUSA
Dead weight.
05-30-2007 09:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl
Except that Tulane is no where near folding it's D-IA program.
05-30-2007 09:09 AM
gdayre Offline
All American

I Root For:
Kudos to Tulane 02-13-banana02-13-banana05-nono05-nono05-nono05-nono05-nono We love us some Tulane and New Orleans.04-cheers04-cheers04-cheers
05-30-2007 09:14 AM
SteveCConway Offline
Memphis Psycho, er, I mean Administrator

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!

CrappiesFolding@NCAAbbs
Yeah...had Tulane folded it's sports programs...fans of all of CUSA would have been crying at the fact we would not have games in New Orleans anymore.
05-30-2007 09:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
TCWho???
05-30-2007 09:26 AM
Advertisement

Sophandros Offline
Gulf Coast Elitist

I Root For: Tulane/Saints

New Orleans Bowl
SCConway Wrote:Yeah...had Tulane folded it's sports programs...fans of all of CUSA would have been crying at the fact we would not have games in New Orleans anymore.

Except for the NOLA bowl participant, of course.
05-30-2007 09:28 AM
Kingwoodcoog Offline
1st String

I Root For: The U of H
SCConway Wrote:According to an interview on Memphis radio, Memphis AD mentioned that TCU has made "overtures" about returning to Conference USA.

Thats just sad.
05-30-2007 09:37 AM
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU
SCConway Wrote:According to an interview on Memphis radio, Memphis AD mentioned that TCU has made "overtures" about returning to Conference USA (lol, guess the grass wasn't greener after all, eh froggies).

Arkansas-Little Rock, Fresno State, Boise State, & Middle Tennessee State has put out "feelers" in the event Tulane folded it's division 1 sports programs and an opening opened up.

RC said MTSU isn't even going to be considered for admission even if Tulane was no longer a member, but he believes it is a non-subject because Tulane is fast getting their sports programs back on their feet.

On a side note, when RC Johnson first came to Memphis, our budget was a little over $11 million a year. This year our budget is projected at just over $30 million. Not too shabby. Also, our donations are at $3 million already, a record for this time of year. Guess the shakeup didn't hit us too hard after all. lol

Also on another side note, it has been hinted that FedEx is going to build us brand new baseball facilities.

Interesting. FWIW, there have been no rumors of that at all in our circles. I'm sure we would consider an offer with due diligence, but lets be real- because Tulane isn't going anywhere this is the kind of thing that can be "thrown out there" without consequence.
05-30-2007 09:42 AM
Charlie Varney Offline
Banned

I Root For:
TCU deserves the Goat Herder's Conference. It has rendered them meaningless, even though they have a very impressive football program going. Its just that nobody knows about it east of the Rockies. I will take Tulane anyday over those frogs and their "Oops, time to change conferences again" history....
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2007 09:47 AM by Charlie Varney.)
05-30-2007 09:46 AM
ShockerBob Offline
SHOCKERS

I Root For: the SHOCKER
The Parliament Awards
Is this a joke?
05-30-2007 10:03 AM
Advertisement

gdayre Offline
All American

I Root For:
This is not a joke! I repeat, "This is not a joke".
05-30-2007 10:05 AM
eaglewing505 Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
I'd rather just have an 11 team conference.
05-30-2007 10:06 AM
FastCat Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston!!!!
I don't see how it could happen even if C-USA wanted TCU back.

Would we just become a 13-member conference? Or would we give another school the boot? Or would we add another to get to 14?

I don't think this idea floats very well.
05-30-2007 10:17 AM
tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
RCJ did say it, but it was all couched as taking place in the uncertain days after katrina when tulane's athletic future was cloudy. it sounded to me as if schools were just getting their names out there "just in case".
05-30-2007 10:21 AM
Topcard91 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU Pirates
I say we kick out SMU and take them back!!!02-13-banana04-rock

05-stirthepot
05-30-2007 10:24 AM
Advertisement

In The Know Offline
Banned

I Root For: Neg. Feedback!
Sophandros Wrote:Except that Tulane is no where near folding it's D-IA program.

Yeah, you only had a vote on it. 01-wingedeagle
05-30-2007 10:30 AM
In The Know Offline
Banned

I Root For: Neg. Feedback!
Well, TCWHo? has been in the MWAC for a couple of years. It's probably time for them to switch conferences...again.
05-30-2007 10:32 AM
KingMiner Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP
Frog in the Kitchen Sink Wrote:
SCConway Wrote:According to an interview on Memphis radio, Memphis AD mentioned that TCU has made "overtures" about returning to Conference USA (lol, guess the grass wasn't greener after all, eh froggies).

Interesting. FWIW, there have been no rumors of that at all in our circles. I'm sure we would consider an offer with due diligence, but lets be real- because Tulane isn't going anywhere this is the kind of thing that can be "thrown out there" without consequence.
I agree, it can't really be proved either way because Tulane ain't going anywhere and since CUSA has no spots available anyway no one will admit to wanting in. That's why I said it's just opening up a can of worms. It will lead to some discussion but it is so much hearsay and conflicting reports that nothing can be proven or disproven. In a court of law it would be thrown out as inadmissible evidence.
05-30-2007 11:11 AM
HellBlazer Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB!
I would rather have Ark. ST or LA Tech......... let TCU "lie" in the bed they made
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2007 11:16 AM by HellBlazer.)
05-30-2007 11:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.