Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maryland vs William & Mary
Bookmark and Share
BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Maryland vs William & Mary
Nice game tonight....
Thought Hollenbach looked good. Didn't like the look of Steffy. IMpressed with Henderson and Covington. Ball had a game, as did Allen, and Lattimore. Still nothing with receiving. It'll be an interesting season. Oh yea and Highly impressed with Podlesh.

I met Hollenbach's sisters in the bathroom randomly after that game in case you cared.....

Terps 27
Bill & Mary 14
09-02-2006 10:17 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tarheelsben1
Unregistered

I'm really rooting for Sam this year. I went to high school with him(always used to bash him for choosing Maryland), and I'd really like to see him have a breakout year and impress some scouts to get into the NFL, even if it's not as a QB. He is really a great all around athelete and great guy too.
09-03-2006 05:13 AM
Terpy
Unregistered

He is horrible, I know we are going to be a run first team, but he needs to be able to do a little more than 148 yards especially against a team like W&M. I didnt get to see the game (my electric was out all weekend from Ernesto. 01-lauramac2 ) but we should have won this game by much more than what we did.
09-03-2006 03:50 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Re: Maryland vs William & Mary
BLAKESGIRL Wrote:I met Hollenbach's sisters in the bathroom randomly after that game in case you cared.....

Was she hot?
lmfao lmfao lmfao
09-03-2006 03:52 PM
BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:He is horrible, I know we are going to be a run first team, but he needs to be able to do a little more than 148 yards especially against a team like W&M. I didnt get to see the game (my electric was out all weekend from Ernesto. 01-lauramac2 ) but we should have won this game by much more than what we did.

awww that sucks...I really believe that Friedgen didn't pull out all of his stops on play callign b/c he knew he could win it w/out all of that. I think we won't see what Friedgen has til WVU. Also, I think the game was as close as it was for a reason, W&M's Coach is Fridge's friend so he's not going to blow them out besides it's a good time with a score like that to play your whole depth chart to see what you have game wise. In all honesty though I'd like to see what Turner has at QB. Portis si gonna be the man next year though.
09-03-2006 04:57 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

I think I read in the paper this morning that he was very dissapointed with the teams play in the game, as dissapointed as he could be with a win. Elite programs beat teams like W&M by 40-50 points, we should atleast be able to score 40-50 on them.
09-03-2006 05:35 PM
Advertisement

BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:I think I read in the paper this morning that he was very dissapointed with the teams play in the game, as dissapointed as he could be with a win. Elite programs beat teams like W&M by 40-50 points, we should atleast be able to score 40-50 on them.

Not if you're trying to see what you've got and sticking to the basics in order to keep teams like WVU from seeing what you've got. Why use what you don't need to use to get W. W&M is a top team in their league, yea they're I-AA but they've beaten some top schools. Our gimme that should be by 40-50 pts at least is gonna be MTSU...My sister went on a tour their and the tour guide told them that MTSU won a game last year and it was talked about for weeks b/c it's such an uncommon thing....
09-03-2006 08:32 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Their tour guide didnt know what she was talking about, they beat Vanderbilt last season, and if you remember Vanderbilt beat Tennessee last year, I know Tennessee was down last year but still. W&M finished second to last in the Atlantic 10 south last season. Im pretty sure Middle Tennessee State would whip W&M pretty good.
09-03-2006 09:30 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

I guess we can agree to disagree but IMO anything short of a blowout against a D I AA team is a disappointment.
09-03-2006 09:32 PM
BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:Their tour guide didnt know what she was talking about, they beat Vanderbilt last season, and if you remember Vanderbilt beat Tennessee last year, I know Tennessee was down last year but still. W&M finished second to last in the Atlantic 10 south last season. Im pretty sure Middle Tennessee State would whip W&M pretty good.

The Vandy game would be their one win last year....
09-03-2006 09:57 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Try again, they won 4 games last year, Vandy was their first win though.
09-03-2006 10:07 PM
Advertisement

BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:Try again, they won 4 games last year, Vandy was their first win though.

It definitely took me forever to find their record...but still 4 games not that impressive...not that the terps did that much better by an stretch....

Still, They won their first season opener in 4 seasons....yesterday against FIU and not by much....

And all I was saying about MD and W&M was that IMO I think that the Fridge opted not to blow them out by 40-50 pts....if he'd wanted to do that he'd have never played Steffy as much as he did....but why risk the injury.
09-03-2006 10:39 PM
BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:Their tour guide didnt know what she was talking about, they beat Vanderbilt last season, and if you remember Vanderbilt beat Tennessee last year, I know Tennessee was down last year but still. W&M finished second to last in the Atlantic 10 south last season. Im pretty sure Middle Tennessee State would whip W&M pretty good.

The year before that W&M were the national champions for IAA
09-03-2006 10:44 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Teams like Oregon, Nebraska, and Texas Tech, all teams at the bottom end of the top 25, where the Terps want to be, all these teams handled their opening day opponent by 25-30 points. Whether you think it is ethical or not, it is important to try to run up the score in college football, because it helps in the polls.

I guess my point is even our second string guys should be able to rough up W&M.
09-03-2006 10:49 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

BLAKESGIRL Wrote:

The year before that W&M were the national champions for IAA

Nope, they lost to James Madison in the semis. lmfao lmfao lmfao
09-03-2006 10:54 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

I actually thought Delaware won it that season, but it was the year before that Delaware won it.
09-03-2006 10:55 PM
Advertisement

BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:Teams like Oregon, Nebraska, and Texas Tech, all teams at the bottom end of the top 25, where the Terps want to be, all these teams handled their opening day opponent by 25-30 points. Whether you think it is ethical or not, it is important to try to run up the score in college football, because it helps in the polls.

I guess my point is even our second string guys should be able to rough up W&M.

They should and what Friedgen saw of Steffy in practice he thought he could do a good job but apparently he was wrong. Sometimes what you see in practice is different then what happens in a game *cough*statham the college drop out/quitter *cough* You also have to take in to consideration that when your'e ranked 44th getting in the top 25 is not going to happen w/a win against at team like W&M EVER unless a lot of top 25 teams lose. Plus Friedgen used to coach with at W&M with that coach. And again why pull out all your plays now just to run up the score, when if you stick to the basics you get the W and in two weeks when you play WVU, WVU doesn't see what you have up you're sleeve as far as the more complex plas you have, it makes it that much harder for them to prepare. It's a point that's been made by many, not just myself....including Mike Wise. There's also a whole thread about it on terptown.
09-03-2006 11:02 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

I understand that, but dont you think every other team in the country playing against scrubs has the same game plan? Not using everything in the playbook. But they are still able to beat their opponent by 40 points.
09-03-2006 11:21 PM
BLAKESGIRL
Unregistered

Terpy Wrote:I understand that, but dont you think every other team in the country playing against scrubs has the same game plan? Not using everything in the playbook. But they are still able to beat their opponent by 40 points.

But did every other team in thecountry have a 2nd string QB expected to be in close running with the starting QB throw like who knows how many incompletes (two tired to look it up) interceptions, fumbles...etc...you get the picture....cause we on the other hand do have a depth chart of Lattimore, Ball, Allen...i mean really, if Steffy could've connected to any of them they'd have gotten job the done. The "D" looked flat 2nd half but when you're 4 up 4 down more or less your'e gonna start looking flat. (Also Steffy's fault) Throw that in with some bad calls on the refs part....

Point being you can't be dissappointed w/the whole team's performance over a QB who doesn't know how to step it up come game time...and maybe friedgen should've put hollenbach back in but I think he didn't more out of fear of injury adn wanting him to be healthy once he saw that Steffy sucked. You can't blame Friedgen for that. And yes, the QB is not the whole team, but if he can't connect not much the rest of the Offense can do. We have some talent, but I think friedgen is gonna have to start reevaluating who is 2nd string QB is going to be.
09-03-2006 11:33 PM
Terpy
Unregistered

Our QB situation blows, I knew that before the season started, its the reason we arent going to a bowl game again this year.

This game showed nothing to be encouraged about. Maybe Hollenback will improve and hopefully Steffy wont have to take a meaningful snap all season.

Our backup QB should be good enough to light up a AA team but he isnt and thats why we are going to suck.
09-03-2006 11:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.