Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WHAT A GAME!!!
Bookmark and Share
BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Man oh man, that was one whale of a game last night (or early this morning). I simply could not have envisioned a better game than that. Outstanding play from both teams and a knock down drag out battle right down to the end. Did I miss any cliches? 03-razz

I had to turn in and go to bed at midnight last night (since I'd been up since 4 a.m. the previous morning) and I did not see the second half of the game live. But I did use my trusty old VCR to record the entire game. So I got up early this morning (6 a.m.) and watched the 2nd half (with no idea who had won the game). When I went to bed last night Boise State was behind 20-7 at halftime. But the Broncos staged a furious comeback in the 2nd half of that game and outscored Hawaii 37 to 21 in the 2nd half, including a record setting 92 yard punt return by Quinton Jones and two (count em'......TWO) blocked kick returns by true freshman Orlando Scandrick, one for a touchdown and one for a 2 point conversion. The latter being the game winner for Boise State.

Jared Zabransky looked like his typical ineffective self again, but Boise State managed to win despite his continuous poor play. I think he was something like 5 of 16 in the first half of that game. Ian Johnson continued to impress and Antwaun Carter also looked good and Alex Guerrero and Nick Schlekeway also looked good on defense. Etc., etc., etc.

Great game, great game, great game, great game. 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-cheers
10-02-2005 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

BlueManBronco Wrote:Man oh man, that was one whale of a game last night (or early this morning). I simply could not have envisioned a better game than that. Outstanding play from both teams and a knock down drag out battle right down to the end. Did I miss any cliches? 03-razz

I had to turn in and go to bed at midnight last night (since I'd been up since 4 a.m. the previous morning) and I did not see the second half of the game live. But I did use my trusty old VCR to record the entire game. So I got up early this morning (6 a.m.) and watched the 2nd half (with no idea who had won the game). When I went to bed last night Boise State was behind 20-7 at halftime. But the Broncos staged a furious comeback in the 2nd half of that game and outscored Hawaii 37 to 21 in the 2nd half, including a record setting 92 yard punt return by Quinton Jones and two (count em'......TWO) blocked kick returns by true freshman Orlando Scandrick, one for a touchdown and one for a 2 point conversion. The latter being the game winner for Boise State.

Jared Zabransky looked like his typical ineffective self again, but Boise State managed to win despite his continuous poor play. I think he was something like 5 of 16 in the first half of that game. Ian Johnson continued to impress and Antwaun Carter also looked good and Alex Guerrero and Nick Schlekeway also looked good on defense. Etc., etc., etc.

Great game, great game, great game, great game. 04-bow 04-bow 04-bow 04-cheers
but Z looked like his old self in the second half. What a great college game. The only bad thing is that only Hawaii and Bronco fans saw the game. The rest of the nation slept through it.

Boise State looked like last years team in the second half.
Have you ever seen a game where the defense/special teams outscore the offense 23 to 21????
10-02-2005 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WAC_FAN Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Baseball Genius

*sob* As a Hawaii fan, it was totally demoralizing to lose this game. I woke up this morning and just wanted to stay in bed.

For the first time in five years, I thought we played well enough in offense and defense to win the game. Then we go and give up 16 points on Special Teams to you guys! Yeah you guys emphasize Special Teams like Virginia Tech, but a blocked FG returned for a TD, a Punt return for a TD, and then to cap it off, the nail in the coffin was a blocked extra point returned for a 2-point conversion.

It's hard to fault my team since I thought they played with tons of heart. (So did Boise as they could have mailed it in after halftime an did not) In the end, Boise showed why they are the Champs, winning another tight game.

It does make me feel better that (based on the message boards) that a lot of Boise fans think that we are legitimate this year. Hopefully we prove you guys right and can take it to Louisiana Tech on the road this weekend.
10-02-2005 08:13 PM
Advertisement

broncobob Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Broncos

Crappies

WAC_FAN Wrote:*sob* As a Hawaii fan, it was totally demoralizing to lose this game. I woke up this morning and just wanted to stay in bed.

For the first time in five years, I thought we played well enough in offense and defense to win the game. Then we go and give up 16 points on Special Teams to you guys! Yeah you guys emphasize Special Teams like Virginia Tech, but a blocked FG returned for a TD, a Punt return for a TD, and then to cap it off, the nail in the coffin was a blocked extra point returned for a 2-point conversion.

It's hard to fault my team since I thought they played with tons of heart. (So did Boise as they could have mailed it in after halftime an did not) In the end, Boise showed why they are the Champs, winning another tight game.

It does make me feel better that (based on the message boards) that a lot of Boise fans think that we are legitimate this year. Hopefully we prove you guys right and can take it to Louisiana Tech on the road this weekend.
Future is bright for Hawaii.....lot of talented young players....
LaTech will be a big challenge. Hope Hawaii did not use up all their bullits on the Broncos. They were so emotionally high for the Bronco game!!!!!
10-03-2005 08:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlueManBronco Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

WAC_FAN Wrote:*sob* As a Hawaii fan, it was totally demoralizing to lose this game. I woke up this morning and just wanted to stay in bed.

Hawaii definitely played well in that game. No question about that. They were one fired up bunch in the first half of the game. And they did not quit in the 2nd half. They will be a force to be reckoned with this year in the W.A.C. No doubt at all about that (despite their current 1-3 record).

That new QB for Hawaii should make Timmy Chang a very distant memory. I was never impressed much by Chang but that Colt Brennan kid is an enormously talented QB IMHO. And to think he's only a Sophomore this year. That's scary for the rest of the W.A.C. 04-cheers
10-06-2005 05:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.